Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Paul H

Managing expectations
« on: February 17, 2013, 06:39:55 pm »
Ok as the title suggests

What should my expectations be in the window cleaning arena for turnover / round value income whatever way you want to put it ...

1year
2 years and so on ..

Come April ill have been doing it for a year

Didn't really push it till September last year

Been building steadily since through various means

I don't canvass

I price (or try to price) well

Going to have a massive push in 2013 just after some pointers on expectation  levels

I'm a sole trader too

Thanks

Johnny B

Re: Managing expectations
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2013, 08:42:38 pm »
In this game you get out of it what you put in.

Most on here will agree that takes 2 years or so to build a run, although it may take longer these days.

I am 18 months into building a new run after I moved to Ireland. I canvassed most of mine, but have more recently have started to pick up more by word of mouth recommendation and by being seen working.

Each year I set myself a fresh goal of how many customers I aim to pick up and how much I want to earn. At the rate I am going I reckon I will be somewhere near where I want to be in another 18 months.

Don't take too much notice of those who say you will earn big bucks in no time. It takes time and determination, but if you set yourself some realistic targets on first of all what you need to achieve, then what you want to achieve, you will do OK.

Best wishes,
John 
Being diplomatic is being able to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Paul H

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2013, 09:00:07 pm »
In this game you get out of it what you put in.

Most on here will agree that takes 2 years or so to build a run, although it may take longer these days.

I am 18 months into building a new run after I moved to Ireland. I canvassed most of mine, but have more recently have started to pick up more by word of mouth recommendation and by being seen working.

Each year I set myself a fresh goal of how many customers I aim to pick up and how much I want to earn. At the rate I am going I reckon I will be somewhere near where I want to be in another 18 months.

Don't take too much notice of those who say you will earn big bucks in no time. It takes time and determination, but if you set yourself some realistic targets on first of all what you need to achieve, then what you want to achieve, you will do OK.

Best wishes,
John 

Johnny top post thanks ... I'm not stupid and take those who claim to earn big in no time with a pinch of salt ..

I've set targets just trying to gauge if they are realistic therefore am I managing my expections right

Just trying to get some feedback from those who've been going a few years on the windows

Cheers

Johnny B

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2013, 05:29:44 pm »
Hi Paul,

One thing I have learned it not to compare myself with anyone else. If I did I would consider myself an unqualified disaster!

This is why I suggested setting targets you alone would be happy with. They may (or may not) fall short of the expectations of others, and as everyone's circumstances and needs differ, comparisons don't really matter anyway.

You have been in this game for nearly a year. Are you making a living from the work you have built up so far? If you are, then you are doing really well and have a good basis on which to build. If you are not quite there yet then don't worry, keep on plugging away and you will get there.

Only you know how much you need to earn. Once you have achieved that, any extra is a bonus. Once you get there, you will find that work will come to you more readily and your confidence (and your business) will grow.

Best wishes,
John   

Being diplomatic is being able to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

dazmond

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2013, 05:38:23 pm »
good post john.

the bottom line paul is you need to go leafleting and canvassing on a regular basis if you havent got enough work.work hard,be professional and reliable.

as has been already said.once you have a solid basic customer base work will come to you through word of mouth and recommendation if they like you and you do a good job for a fair price.

best wishes

dazmond
price higher/work harder!