This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

lee andrew

working saturdays
« on: February 16, 2013, 07:40:18 am »
I know a lot of you guys like your weekends but im dont mind working saturdays start 9 finish 12, 3 shops inside and out  1 house front in total, any one else like or dont mind saturdays?

wayne m

Re: working saturdays
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2013, 07:43:38 am »
I quite like working Saturdays till 1 - 2 ish I'm working today.

formb

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2013, 07:44:23 am »
I work every Saturday. Always have.

Slash

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2013, 08:30:58 am »
Yeah I work every Saturday as I have the work to do so.

dazmond

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2013, 08:39:47 am »
yep im working today but to be honest id rather be cleaning my flat,food shopping and chilling out with a session on my drums! ;D ;D ;D

i try and leave my weekends free but im behind due to having a week off the other week and wednesday this week.

i have a few hours of local work to clean.10am-2pm.its actually a nice run to clean on a saturday.

as my girlfriend owns a shop she works all day saturday every week so i count my blessings its not every week!! :D :D ;D ;D

regards

dazmond
price higher/work harder!

Llaaww

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2013, 09:32:46 am »
I don't usually, but I will be out today as I need a few extra quid and for a change it is not raining.
if it is dirty it is fair game

bobplum

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2013, 09:57:04 am »
one of my new year resolutions? was to stop or decrease the Saturday work,so far only worked one out of a possible 7
i would probably relax the rule if i was rained off say for two days in the week

Panorama

« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2013, 10:10:44 am »
I will be working next Saturday , this is because I'm cleaning a friends house and he informs me that the area of the village he lives doesn't have a cleaner :)

Rayleigh Window Cleaning Services

« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2013, 10:12:09 am »
Every Saturday is shop day, nice to be out real early and get paid.

Steve

Jon_Phelps

« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2013, 10:26:19 am »
Every Saturday for me too...... start early on the shops about 6-6.30 then usually home by 10am. Sometimes work later when there's a big commercial that couldn't be done in the week. You soon get used to it and its never a hard days graft.....i wouldn't plan on cleaning residential though, not unless its a special request.

Jon

Johnny B

« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2013, 10:51:24 am »
I work some Saturday afternoons when I need to catch up, if I feel like doing a bit more, or if I get an urgent phone call.

The weather is favourable at the moment, so I will be out this afternoon.

John
Being diplomatic is being able to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

ben M

« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2013, 11:05:25 am »
yep im working today but to be honest id rather be cleaning my flat,food shopping and chilling out with a session on my drums! ;D ;D ;D

i try and leave my weekends free but im behind due to having a week off the other week and wednesday this week.

i have a few hours of local work to clean.10am-2pm.its actually a nice run to clean on a saturday.

as my girlfriend owns a shop she works all day saturday every week so i count my blessings its not every week!! :D :D ;D ;D

regards

dazmond
i have a wife for that! ;D

Ian101

« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2013, 12:18:20 pm »
Ideal time for 1st cleans and conny roofs etc I will be dropping leaflets and canvassing every weekend from late Feb to end of June as want to grow quite a bit this year as missus job looking dodgier as weeks go by.

gavinb

« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2013, 12:55:53 pm »
I only work 1 sat every 4 weeks but im still growing so plenty time for more but my wife is starting a job
In the next few weeks doing 2 x 12hr shifts so I gotta look after the little ens .

cgh window cleaning

« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2013, 01:11:34 pm »
I work some Saturdays but only on commercial,been out today to do some buildings above shops in a town centre and cleaned an office block.saturdays are good as the towns are quite early and the car parks are empty at the offices so no access problems.job and knock get in get out.

mgba_78

« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2013, 01:51:11 pm »
We have made a promise to ourselves to do more Saturdays!

Worked last Saturday on residential, if we're out we're out, so its always a full day till 4pm when we do work.
Always a good thing for working on a Saturday for 2 things, getting paid as you see customers you dont normally see so can get paid straight away and getting new customers as again more people are around at home and see you working.

If you have the work and always running a bit behind like us its well worth working, if you do 1 Saturday a month above what you normally work it works out quite a lot of dosh over the year  8)
Oooooo that is shiny!!

Neil Jones

« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2013, 05:38:37 pm »
I don't do window cleaning but from the carpet cleaning side and do a bit of valeting, I have worked Saturdays till  about 1-2pm for the last ten years, less traffic, happy customers and means I get an afternoon or day off during the week which I like.

Richard60

« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2013, 05:43:03 pm »
when i worked in the mines n steelworks ( here we go again )i used to work sat n sun reguler .what a fool i was i missed so much time with the kids .moneys not every thing

C o z y

« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2013, 05:43:46 pm »
I don't do window cleaning but from the carpet cleaning side and do a bit of valeting, I have worked Saturdays till  about 1-2pm for the last ten years, less traffic, happy customers and means I get an afternoon or day off during the week which I like.

Good points
No still don't understand, I must be thick

lee andrew

« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2013, 06:44:44 pm »
So today was better than expected, i picked up 2 new jobs and a first clean finished around 3, not ideal but i earnt double what i would in my full time job, must say im bloody nakered, but its days like this that give me the kick up the behind and start turning window cleaning in to my full time business. i sick of people thinking im doing this for a few quid extra i take pride in my work and take my work seriously. i have been doing a job for the last 16 years with no thanks or end product, i get a lot of satisfaction from this job