This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Paul H

Ibc static tank cleaning
« on: February 15, 2013, 05:36:11 pm »
I'm looking to start using one of these for static set in my garage.

A friend can kindly get his hands on one and rinse / jet wash it out before giving it to me

He's saying they have been previously been used for fabric softener storage

Will I be able to use it following this cleaning or will I have to maybe rinse it out with some pure ?

I also aim to use my existing submersible pump and transfer hose kit and hoping this will drop into the tank through the lid ....

If not what / how do you fellas do it from an IBc

Thanks
Psul

Joe Martin

Re: Ibc static tank cleaning
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2013, 06:00:08 pm »
Wash it out and wash it out again then fill it and put about 50lts of Milton sterilizing fluid, leave for 24 hours and repeat wash out and re fill with Milton leave for 24 hours and then fill with pure water. Don't use it just run it through and then  re fill with pure water.

PoleKing

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2013, 07:09:36 pm »
What Joe said.
I bought a submersible but it didn't fit through the hole, ended up ebay ing it.
Got one from Machine Mart that sits outside-1' bore. Think it was £80odd.
www.LanesWindowCleaning.com

It's just the internet. Try not to worry.

DaveG

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2013, 07:33:35 pm »
Wash it out and wash it out again then fill it and put about 50lts of Milton sterilizing fluid, leave for 24 hours and repeat wash out and re fill with Milton leave for 24 hours and the fill with pure water. Don't use it just run it through and then  re fill with pure water.

^^^ What he said.

As regards the submersible pump, if it does'nt fit through hole in the top of the tank, use a hacksaw blade and cut some slots away from the lid (in a "H" shape) and "bend" the plastic up. Drill a 2" hole in the IBC lid, put the pump in the tank, bend the plastic back down, put the lid on (with the pump hose through it!) and put the lid back on...jobs a good un!
You can't polish a turd

Mike #1

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2013, 09:07:29 pm »
Hi Paul hope your well mate might be more straight froward and cheaper to buy 2 green water butts , Thats what i use far easier. Mike

Paul H

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2013, 10:10:42 pm »
Thanks for the feedback chaps appreciated and some good pointers

50lts of steriliser ??????:o x2 for repeat process ££££££

Mike I'm well mate you? Do you have your water butts linked together mate ?

PoleKing

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2013, 10:47:52 pm »
fairy liquid and a pressure washer on pure.
disgard first tank-you'll be fine.
Mine had olive oil in (walkers crisps in Leicester) and after the above hit 0000 on tank 2.
www.LanesWindowCleaning.com

It's just the internet. Try not to worry.

king marko

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2013, 11:14:00 pm »
I'm looking to start using one of these for static set in my garage.

A friend can kindly get his hands on one and rinse / jet wash it out before giving it to me

He's saying they have been previously been used for fabric softener storage

Will I be able to use it following this cleaning or will I have to maybe rinse it out with some pure ?

I also aim to use my existing submersible pump and transfer hose kit and hoping this will drop into the tank through the lid ....

If not what / how do you fellas do it from an IBc

Thanks
Psul
If you use a float valve to auto stop your water when full then just cut a hole in the top of the tank, drop your pump in, then secure the hole with a bigger bit of poly or plastic with tek bolts - mines like this and is fine

Mike #1

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2013, 08:03:40 am »
Thanks for the feedback chaps appreciated and some good pointers

50lts of steriliser ??????:o x2 for repeat process ££££££

Mike I'm well mate you? Do you have your water butts linked together mate ?

Sorry for the late reply been busy , Kitchen is almost finished house is almost back to normal,  I only use 1 water butt but you could use a a link kit which you can get when you buy water butts .

With water butts you dont have to worry about covering static tank to avoid algae growing in tank . Mike