Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

mark mids

CLX Problems??
« on: February 15, 2013, 04:40:59 pm »
Hi Guys

Have any of you had problems with your clx clamps? Plus some of the poles dont seem to slide out as good as the others, you have to twist them to come out, the clamps arnt to tight, and to top it off the quick relese clamp on the goose just went on me today half way through a job!! thank god for me old trad gear in the van!!
Nice light pole, but its a pain in the butt to extend!!

Alex Gardiner

Re: CLX Problems??
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2013, 04:47:27 pm »
Hi Guys

Have any of you had problems with your clx clamps? Plus some of the poles dont seem to slide out as good as the others, you have to twist them to come out, the clamps arnt to tight, and to top it off the quick relese clamp on the goose just went on me today half way through a job!! thank god for me old trad gear in the van!!
Nice light pole, but its a pain in the butt to extend!!

Hi Mark

Have you given our Customer Service Team  a call on 01726 66400 they are trained to help you with any issues that you may have with any of our products. Any items can of course be replaced, if found to be faulty - dependent on the age of the item.

steven ainger

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2013, 04:48:08 pm »
Sounds like the positive stop tape is chewed up ??

mark mids

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2013, 04:50:43 pm »
Yeah Cheers Alex, Only Had it 2 months, will call them on Monday. its mainly the 3rd section down, very tight to extend.

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2013, 04:55:32 pm »
Yeah Cheers Alex, Only Had it 2 months, will call them on Monday. its mainly the 3rd section down, very tight to extend.

Hi Mark

It may be worth over the weekend, as Steven says, to check that nothing is jamming inside the over lap. To do so follow this video and it will show you how to remove the section to check - http://youtu.be/VeXQaNUb8-4

I have arranged for a replacement Resi-Neck to be sent out to you today.

A & J Owen Window Cleaning

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2013, 07:26:40 pm »
its the same on mine the crap that comes out of the pole. the clamps get bunged up with it. so give it a good wash down and free the clamps off you will be amazed when you have done it. undo the clamps and put same insulaion tape at the bottom of the pole sections this will stop the section sliding off.

PoleKing

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2013, 07:35:24 pm »
We don't use Gardiner but on the Ionic poles the sections are very close.
Have you tried taking a action off, rinsing down it, twisting the section, with water to wash any grit out, repeat on all sections then a little spray of WD40 along the length of the pole, wipe it off or it goes gunky the WD40 the clamps.
Ionic are now saying to do that weekly...
www.LanesWindowCleaning.com

It's just the internet. Try not to worry.