This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

colin bird

what do you make of this re canvassing
« on: February 14, 2013, 05:01:50 pm »
hi guys just been out canvassing for two hours spoke to 50 people,only quoted one regular window cleaning job which i got and also picked up one off conservatory roof clean.
most said thay have a window cleaner and several said there window cleaner called today.
i went dressed smart armed with glossy A5 leaflets.,sign written van.
im a normal guy ie one head two arms and legs.
do you feel ive just chosen the wrong area ?
back out tommorow to follow up on the ones not home.
any posotive feed back is much appreciated
thanks

Michael Peterson

Re: what do you make of this re canvassing
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2013, 05:08:30 pm »
nah some days are like this, you have done ok, tommorow you may get 5, perhaps a bad area but i think you need to speak to more than 50 to judge, go back tommorow and again and again, its all a numbers game

colin bird

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2013, 05:10:40 pm »
yes back tommorow and agreed it is a numbers game.
thanks

richywilts

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2013, 05:54:44 pm »
thinks of the positives you have now alerted 50 different people to your services

you may not have picked up much today but they may call you if this window cleaner fails to show up
Richard Wiltshire
Window Clean Direct

richardwiltshire36@yahoo.co.uk
www.windowcleandirect.co.uk

scottt24

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2013, 06:16:02 pm »
It's swings and roundabouts mate
The best and worst I've had are 1 1/2 hours Saturday morning got six jobs all between £16 and £22
Once spent five straight days knocking eight hours a day and got one £10 job
You just have to keep plodding and it'll come good
Thanks,
              Scott

wpclean

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2013, 06:37:00 pm »
The key to selling is to keep going when others pack in.        As said before the more doors you knock, the more customers you will find.   You have to commit to a do a minimum hourly quota each week, and stick to it whatever results you get, keep doing it for at least a couple of months, and you will hit the jackpot.

sean mcc

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2013, 06:42:20 pm »
Yes,dont get down hearted about it,just keep going like a robot,keep knocking,keep your emotions out of it,im sure you will get there. :)

colin bird

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2013, 07:10:07 pm »
thinks of the positives you have now alerted 50 different people to your services

you may not have picked up much today but they may call you if this window cleaner fails to show up
yes agreed but when did a lot of canvasing a few years ago,i would pick up a few in one outing,i guess things have changed

colin bird

« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2013, 07:13:57 pm »
It's swings and roundabouts mate
The best and worst I've had are 1 1/2 hours Saturday morning got six jobs all between £16 and £22
Once spent five straight days knocking eight hours a day and got one £10 job
You just have to keep plodding and it'll come good

yes mate wil keep at it ,trying to add another hundred customers in the next few months,thanks for the feedback

colin bird

« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2013, 07:16:20 pm »
The key to selling is to keep going when others pack in.        As said before the more doors you knock, the more customers you will find.   You have to commit to a do a minimum hourly quota each week, and stick to it whatever results you get, keep doing it for at least a couple of months, and you will hit the jackpot.
ok thanks for that ive got the bit between my teeth and wont let go

Johnny B

« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2013, 10:33:02 pm »
You never know what success you will have. You got one customer from 50 houses. That's good, because once you are seen cleaning that house, others will be sure to follow.

I did a first clean today on a small estate (28 houses) which I canvassed last year. From that one clean I got 3 others that I also did today, and was asked by a neighbour to do his next time, plus his mother's and also he said he would be asking his neighbours on my behalf.

John
Being diplomatic is being able to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

colin bird

« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2013, 06:12:51 pm »
You never know what success you will have. You got one customer from 50 houses. That's good, because once you are seen cleaning that house, others will be sure to follow.

I did a first clean today on a small estate (28 houses) which I canvassed last year. From that one clean I got 3 others that I also did today, and was asked by a neighbour to do his next time, plus his mother's and also he said he would be asking his neighbours on my behalf.

John
thaks for the encouragement much apprecated

A & J Owen Window Cleaning

« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2013, 07:17:29 pm »
its the weather mate went out wednesday for a hr. got one custie but knocked 30 hses. the weather was bad so i will try and canvass tommrrow when its brighter. might get a good hit rate.

colin bird

« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2013, 02:50:12 pm »
its the weather mate went out wednesday for a hr. got one custie but knocked 30 hses. the weather was bad so i will try and canvass tommrrow when its brighter. might get a good hit rate.
yes think the weather doesnt help,if there is no answer at a house do you call back the next day ? or just keep moving on to different roads

A & J Owen Window Cleaning

« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2013, 03:02:15 pm »
yes think the weather doesnt help,if there is no answer at a house do you call back the next day ? or just keep moving on to different roads

If the windows are dirty then keep a note and call back when next in the area

colin bird

« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2013, 03:50:45 pm »
thanks for that,i get the feel that im hitting a bad area as when knocking,most windows are clean or being told they have a window cleaner,but i wont give up as i know its a numbers game,how many customers do you have ? have most been gained from canvassing ? i have leaflets but as we all know the retunr on them is low and that canvassing is the way to go