This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Fin Clearview

How to price wfp cladding job?
« on: February 13, 2013, 10:20:07 pm »
I've been asked to price the above on a domestic. As a former vintage tradder I have no probs with price but now I'm on the pole it's an unknown. I'm worried about under pricing as there maybe a considerable amount of time rinsing due to algae build upon the bottom edges of each strip and the brush getting under these making rinsing even more time consuming.

Any help greatly apprieciated lads... ;)

KLEENAWAY

Re: How to price wfp cladding job?
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2013, 10:25:47 pm »
WFP'ing should be a lot quicker than trading it mate. If water run marks are a problem once you have cleaned just turn the water off and wipe the marks with the brush with the water turned off.

Danny

steven ainger

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2013, 10:30:56 pm »
Is the cladding upvc, wood or fibre board material.
Upvc is normally easy but other materials can get ingrained with dirt and be a bitch to clean.

Fin Clearview

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2013, 10:45:08 pm »
UPVC. The face of each board isn't that bad, it's just the algae build up on the bottom edge on each strip. Maybe I'll try a small section with pole first and see how it goes.

richywilts

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2013, 12:37:20 am »
sometimes the shiplap cladding can be a pain the type of cladding with strips which are about 4 inches deep

the other type of cladding which is used is soffit board which is quite easy to clean

the shiplap cladding does have a bit of a pain area to clean as where they join its a quite deep joint sometimes you will find the brush doesnt quite get into the joint and you may have to ladder it with sponge or cloth

this is shiplap
https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=upvc+shiplap+cladding&hl=en&client=firefox-a&hs=bQT&tbo=d&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=FjAcUf2kLonb0QX3-oDgAg&ved=0CAoQ_AUoAQ&biw=1252&bih=546

soffit board
http://www.pvc-warehouse.co.uk/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=31&zenid=dc823fe2425d9c08572342f9300f63ea
Richard Wiltshire
Window Clean Direct

richardwiltshire36@yahoo.co.uk
www.windowcleandirect.co.uk

Fin Clearview

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2013, 07:37:13 am »
sometimes the shiplap cladding can be a pain the type of cladding with strips which are about 4 inches deep

the other type of cladding which is used is soffit board which is quite easy to clean

the shiplap cladding does have a bit of a pain area to clean as where they join its a quite deep joint sometimes you will find the brush doesnt quite get into the joint and you may have to ladder it with sponge or cloth

this is shiplap
https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=upvc+shiplap+cladding&hl=en&client=firefox-a&hs=bQT&tbo=d&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=FjAcUf2kLonb0QX3-oDgAg&ved=0CAoQ_AUoAQ&biw=1252&bih=546

soffit board
http://www.pvc-warehouse.co.uk/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=31&zenid=dc823fe2425d9c08572342f9300f63ea

Yes it's shiplap, done it many times on ladder which was always a doddle and usually takes no time at all. Like i said im just concerned about debris running down after rinsing. I do turn off water and brush sills off already however on door sills where there is usually more debris It can still come back over the sill after and surely this will happen on cladding. I'll give it a go as I never want to use my ladder for actual work again.

Steve Sed

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2013, 07:51:18 am »
I have cleaned it a few times with WFP. I do my best. If it's not perfect, it's not perfect. No one has ever been disappointed and I would think accept that it ain't going to be as good as new if it hasn't been cleaned in years.

mgba_78

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2013, 08:09:56 am »
We did one recently, was a right state, but this is how we do um.
Turn flow right up, soak it all properly and ideally leave for a min or 2, then give it a going over. Again keep the flow up.

TBH we slightly under priced it at £30 as 4 bed detached, just front of house, took at least 40 mins, which isnt too bad as did windows as well and next door but compared to just cleaning windows was way way harder, obv depending on the dirt content. Ive got some pics some where if i can find them
Oooooo that is shiny!!