This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Stu Wallace

How Many Miles Per Gallon?
« on: February 13, 2013, 08:14:00 pm »
Hi

Just wandering how many MPG do other window cleaners get in their vans/cars.

I get about 30miles per gallon from my Transit that is mainly driving in town and villages.

Thanks

windiewasher

Re: How Many Miles Per Gallon?
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2013, 08:20:58 pm »
Not enough from my scudo however its getting converted to run on water and diesel and supposed to get you minimum 30 % more mpg.
Takings off all first cleans till march 7th 2014
October  total=  cleaned  extra per month
November = cleaned extra per month
Total £  so far.

Spruce

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2013, 08:32:39 pm »
Hi

I get about 30miles per gallon from my Transit that is mainly driving in town and villages.

Thanks

What Transit have you got? My Citroen Relay Hdi swb does around 22 - 28 depending on fuel stop start. Mainly work within about 8 mile radius of home. Take it easy as well.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

James chapman

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2013, 08:33:42 pm »
45-50 in my berlingo its only the 75bhp 1.6. But does me for speed although I blast through my water by half 2 so looking to get the newer 850 model

DeLuce

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2013, 09:10:09 pm »
I've got the t230 connect which gives me around 40 mpg, it's on a 54 plate. I don't think that's too bad really, I usually thrash the nuts off it too.  ;D ;D

Nick_Thompson

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2013, 09:16:43 pm »
Yeh, my transit 300 averages 28 mpg with 1000 litres onboard.

I only do 2500 miles per annum, so that's just £11 a week, cool huh!
Do quantum mechanics fix old transits?

And let us not forget, voyeurism is an occupational hazard that we simply must endure.

Stu Wallace

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2013, 09:20:47 pm »
Hi

Thanks

What Transit have you got? My Citroen Relay Hdi swb does around 22 - 28 depending on fuel stop start. Mainly work within about 8 mile radius of home. Take it easy as well.

I've got a Transit 280 125bhp 6speed 1 year old

500 ltr tank which is filled up every morning

My radius is about 12 miles tops

robertphil

« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2013, 10:02:55 pm »
40 odd in my berlingo 1.9, crackin engine 

Lee GLS

« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2013, 10:16:56 pm »
do you all actually work out your MPG or just estimate it by how many mile you get to say £10?

Stu Wallace

« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2013, 10:19:55 pm »
do you all actually work out your MPG or just estimate it by how many mile you get to say £10?

I just go on what the dash board says on my Transit

I have checked manually tho to compare using MPG calculators websites.

Spruce

« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2013, 11:02:35 pm »

Good question lee. The only way you can get an idea is from fillup to fillup. The electronic gauge on the dash usually over reads and so does the odometer.

My trusty 1988 2.0l Ford Sierra (petrol) GLE in South Africa was an eye opener. Not only did the speedometer over read by 10% but so did the odometer on a measured 1 km. (there was a section of road in Johannesburg not far from us where this was measured and marked.)

This meant that not only was our fuel consumption 10% better than it actually was, but also meant that when the car had done 100k it actually had only done 90k. It also meant that Ford (if main dealer was the chosen service agent) got another service out of it - like the difference between monthly and 4 weekly cleans.

But it gives an idea of whats happening. Both our Hdi vans use more diesel on cheap supermarket fuel when compared to Esso and Shell. I can also tell exactly what fuel is in the tank when I come up Saltburn bank with a fullish tank of water.

Tyres are also another factor. HGV drivers get their truck's speed limiter recalibrated with 'bald' tyres, so when they fit new ones they can go fractionally faster.

Nick_Thompson

« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2013, 11:11:20 pm »
Spruce, what an eye opener!  Good post man.
Do quantum mechanics fix old transits?

And let us not forget, voyeurism is an occupational hazard that we simply must endure.

Lee GLS

« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2013, 11:11:53 pm »

Good question lee. The only way you can get an idea is from fillup to fillup. The electronic gauge on the dash usually over reads and so does the odometer.

My trusty 1988 2.0l Ford Sierra (petrol) GLE in South Africa was an eye opener. Not only did the speedometer over read by 10% but so did the odometer on a measured 1 km. (there was a section of road in Johannesburg not far from us where this was measured and marked.)

This meant that not only was our fuel consumption 10% better than it actually was, but also meant that when the car had done 100k it actually had only done 90k. It also meant that Ford (if main dealer was the chosen service agent) got another service out of it - like the difference between monthly and 4 weekly cleans.

But it gives an idea of whats happening. Both our Hdi vans use more diesel on cheap supermarket fuel when compared to Esso and Shell. I can also tell exactly what fuel is in the tank when I come up Saltburn bank with a fullish tank of water.

Tyres are also another factor. HGV drivers get their truck's speed limiter recalibrated with 'bald' tyres, so when they fit new ones they can go fractionally faster.

Yes that is how I work mine out, we'll actually the app on my iPhone does  ;D. I asked because before I buy a new car/van I always go on forums to see what people are getting from the vehicle I am looking at getting, and 8/10 people's mpg figures are always alot higher that the actual mpg that I get from the vehicle. Like for instance someone posted in here they get 40mpg from their connect, the best I have ever got from mine is 33mpg. Then others say they get 45 mpg from their van when will be stop start journeys, I have a 2.0 tdci cmax, and regularly do 50 mile round trip on dual carriage ways, and average 250 miles a week with not much stop start, and average 43mpg. I don't drive fast, and I'm not saying people are making up their mpg, but do people actually work it out properly, or guesstimate.

tompoole

« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2013, 06:53:49 am »

Wallace windows Aylesbury ?

tompoole

« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2013, 06:55:13 am »
Transit Swb low roof 85ps 500 litre tank
32mpg average since I bought it.

gswainyboy

« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2013, 07:13:38 am »

Spruce. only a question but were you being chased  :-\

AuRavelling79

« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2013, 07:23:45 am »
Doblo 1.3 jtd diesel  40mpg
Hyundai 2.5 diesel 28 mpg
It's a game of three halves!

Stu Wallace

« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2013, 07:43:04 am »

Wallace windows Aylesbury ?

That would be telling  :)

Spruce

« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2013, 08:34:56 am »

Spruce. only a question but were you being chased  :-\

;D If I understand you right - no.

When I was in the motor trade Fiat had much better fuel consumption figures for their Scudo van than Peugeot and Citroen. The only difference between the vans was that they had different badges.

It turned out that in Italy they were allowed to evaluate fuel consumption on a rolling road, where the French regulations required the fuel use to be evaluated on a measured road in opposite directions within a specified time limit.

The unfair thing was that Fiat marketed their brand on the better fuel economy and overall cheaper life time running costs.

tompoole

« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2013, 08:52:03 am »
Thought it was, you haven't paid me ?
If you gonna work on my patch its £10 per day fella!
Pmsl