This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Alex Gardiner

Re: BRODEX
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2013, 09:46:53 pm »
i must admit the clamps on my gardiners are very awkward i seem to be constantly adjusting them , maybe its just me because everyone else swears by them , but i cant seem to get mine right , again this is just my opinion

Hi Paul

I have sent you a detailed email so that we can sort this for you as they should not need to be 'constantly adjusted'.

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2013, 09:50:15 pm »
i must admit the clamps on my gardiners are very awkward i seem to be constantly adjusting them , maybe its just me because everyone else swears by them , but i cant seem to get mine right , again this is just my opinion

Probably the nut on the clamp has worn. You can either replace the clamp lever, add some thread lock to the bolt, or the most simple and easy fix is to put a few windings of teflon tape on the bolt. That should solve the problem, unless your pole has worn.

Stephen Fox

« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2013, 10:36:06 pm »
As far as I'm concerned every window cleaner on here should invest in a Gardiner's Xtreme pole.
Forget about Ionics, Facelift, Brodex poles or every other pole out there.

Yes it's expensive, but you will earn the difference back in no time. You will work faster, you will be less fatigued, you will earn more money a day. Look after it and it will serve you well. Let's say it will last 3 years. Multiply that by your yearly turnover. A pole doesn't cost much at all compared to what it will earn you. There really is no competition. Look at some of the users on here, how many poles they have bought before seeing sense and going with a Gardiners pole. They have the best product, and they have the best service.

Tim, this is a little bit of a blinkered view. To say to 'forget other poles' is somebody's opinion who hasn't actually used other poles available. Pole technology is developing nicely and there are some faster and easier options available which it looks like you haven't yet tried.

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2013, 07:22:45 am »
Tim, this is a little bit of a blinkered view. To say to 'forget other poles' is somebody's opinion who hasn't actually used other poles available. Pole technology is developing nicely and there are some faster and easier options available which it looks like you haven't yet tried.

Don't get me wrong Stephen, I'm not suggesting pole manufacturers should stop making poles to try and make the best pole yet, but at this point in time, the manufacturers can't beat the Xtreme. Hence my comment to forget about any other pole, brodex or other.

I'm well aware of the latest incarnations of poles out there. I'm afraid they are not easier and not faster then an Xtreme. They are in fact nowhere near being as good as the Xtreme. The Xtreme is the best pole on the market and will remain that way for quite some time to come. This isn't a blinkered view, it's a well informed fact. It's the best pole, with the best service on the market.

Before I buy a pole I consider and where I can try every alternative, from every manufacturer. I don't just buy a pole and then wait for the surprise, pleasant or unpleasant.

Mike @ Facelift

« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2013, 04:02:40 pm »
I disagree Tim. The extreme has its place in the market but that place is very small. Almost a niche.

Lee GLS

« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2013, 04:27:15 pm »
I disagree Tim. The extreme has its place in the market but that place is very small. Almost a niche.

How is that? If its the lightest, most ridged pole and comes in a variety of lengths, then it has to be the best pole. I don't have one, but I would love to.

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2013, 05:25:16 pm »

My point was that the Xtreme is the best pole out there. Which it is.

Whether the Facelift pole might be in a niche (opinions on that may vary) doesn't take that fact away.

You should buy the lightest, most rigid pole that is still the most user friendly. The Xtreme is that pole. Yes it's more expensive, but I explained the reasoning why you should still buy one on the first page. I do more in a day now, having more energy at the end of the day. No other pole on the market can match the Xtreme.

Pete Thompson

« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2013, 06:03:14 pm »
How much are they, for say a 30 footer?

And whats the closed up length (including the brush head)?

ben M

« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2013, 08:07:12 pm »
How much are they, for say a 30 footer?

And whats the closed up length (including the brush head)?
you mean brodex pole? nobody cares  ;D ;D ;D

Pete Thompson

« Reply #29 on: February 15, 2013, 08:19:33 pm »
you mean brodex pole? nobody cares   ;D  ;D  ;D

No, ha ha.

This gardiner extreme that everyone thinks is life-changing.  Also what is the weight of the 30 footer?

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2013, 09:23:52 pm »
www.gardinerpolesystems.co.uk, then go to poles, then pole specifications.

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #31 on: February 15, 2013, 09:44:29 pm »

Don't get me wrong Stephen, I'm not suggesting pole manufacturers should stop making poles to try and make the best pole yet, but at this point in time, the manufacturers can't beat the Xtreme. Hence my comment to forget about any other pole, brodex or other.

I'm well aware of the latest incarnations of poles out there. I'm afraid they are not easier and not faster then an Xtreme. They are in fact nowhere near being as good as the Xtreme. The Xtreme is the best pole on the market and will remain that way for quite some time to come. This isn't a blinkered view, it's a well informed fact. It's the best pole, with the best service on the market.

Before I buy a pole I consider and where I can try every alternative, from every manufacturer. I don't just buy a pole and then wait for the surprise, pleasant or unpleasant.

I have to agree with young Timothy here. ;) It's like cleaning with a pencil.

AND the best news is that there is an Xtreme MKII in the pipeline!! :D :D

Dave Willis

« Reply #32 on: February 15, 2013, 09:51:07 pm »
Oooh!  8)

Joe Martin

« Reply #33 on: February 16, 2013, 01:27:59 pm »
Total rubbish your selling your own product. Tim is right, we have use most and now only use Gardiner poles and ionics Swift 65 +.
The Extreme is a better pole than swift but only just.
We haven't used your latest poles I admit but I doubt very much they are as good as Gardiner.

paul marshall

« Reply #34 on: February 16, 2013, 01:44:43 pm »
i came on this thread because its title is brodex , its where i got my first [ and so far only ] system fitted since then however i have found people on here buld there own [ d i y ] saving literaly a couple of thousand pounds , yes you read it right if danny or colin or any of my other van fest mates built me a system i would have saved about 2 grand , but if i ever need another system i will ring brodex and pay 2500 pounds , because im happy with the system , in and out in a day , 3 year guarantee it suits me, is it better than a D I Y dunno , is it better than ionics or cleaning wharehouse dunno ive never tried them , so i cant give an opinion , but i have tried the lowest priced facelift pole and the lowest priced gardiners pole , and in my opinon facelift wins because of the clamps its better than a brodex pole , and its better than a c l x in my opinion , is it better than a ionics , is it better than omnipole , dunno ive never tried them , i know most people on here love gardiners , but i just dont like the clamps ....alex it was fine for a couple of days but i just cant get the clamps right , there was another isue as well which i will discus by e mail , i t was only when someone else came on and mentioned about there clamps that i got involved , i hope you dont take it personally , i know you and your staff have had a rough time , and who makes the best pole doesnt really matter in the grand scale of things , at the end of the day its all about opinions and even though i im in the minorty i prefer the clamps on the facelift , and much to everyones disgust im a big fan of brodex systems , anyway im just going to put on my tin hat and wait for all the flak thats coming my way , but remember its only MY OPINION ,  ;D ;D and anyway we all know that both poles consist of 50 percent horse  and thats not my opinion its a FACT  ;D ;D ;D
the more flyers i post , the luckier i seem to get ...

Stephen Fox

« Reply #35 on: February 16, 2013, 09:41:08 pm »

Whether the Facelift pole might be in a niche (opinions on that may vary) doesn't take that fact away.

You should buy the lightest, most rigid pole that is still the most user friendly. The Xtreme is that pole. Yes it's more expensive, but I explained the reasoning why you should still buy one on the first page. I do more in a day now, having more energy at the end of the day. No other pole on the market can match the Xtreme.

So if there is a pole which is lighter/same weight as an Extreme and more rigid/as rigid as an Extreme but had better clamps and was fully clampable (not just in two places) - would that be a better pole than what is available?

KS Cleaning

« Reply #36 on: February 16, 2013, 09:59:20 pm »

So if there is a pole which is lighter/same weight as an Extreme and more rigid/as rigid as an Extreme but had better clamps and was fully clampable (not just in two places) - would that be a better pole than what is available?
Are you describing the Extreme Mk2? :P

keyser soze

« Reply #37 on: February 16, 2013, 10:15:09 pm »
long live  the gardiner extreme. not got one myself but test used a mates who has 1. and i just have to have one when i can afford it .  ;D facelift looks good also though.

windiewasher

« Reply #38 on: February 16, 2013, 10:39:09 pm »
i dont have a extreme  :(
but i do have a clx 22,clx 27,clx,slx 30 and sl2 modular.
i have bought some garbage poles from other manufacturers.
Now i just buy gardiners because they are the best.
Takings off all first cleans till march 7th 2014
October  total=  cleaned  extra per month
November = cleaned extra per month
Total £  so far.

Michael Peterson

« Reply #39 on: February 17, 2013, 04:29:32 pm »
i too, with the clx and the slx you get great poles and they are very affordabe