Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

matty72

varistream problem, any help appreciated
« on: February 13, 2013, 03:18:30 pm »
Hi, my digital varistream works ok, then all of a sudden goes to the letter 'u' and cuts out, I turn on engine for a few mins and all seems to be ok, thing is battery power seems to be ok, any ideas.

Small but perfectley formed

Re: varistream problem, any help appreciated
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2013, 04:14:35 pm »
Your battery may be on the way out,  try charging the battery with a charger until fully charged then try the varistream.
Spit and polish

Dave Willis

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2013, 04:15:18 pm »
U = undervoltage. Battery knackered most likely, starting the engine tops it up just enough to fire the controller back up again. Could be the cold weather or simply not driving enough to recharge it fully of course.

Ian Sheppard

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2013, 04:16:08 pm »
Even with a split charge relay you will still need to charge the battery now and then, Also check your cables and connectors for damage or loose connections.
V16 Is Here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AhbZirSlpI&t=8s
Polarity Protect technology

matty72

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2013, 05:33:46 pm »
ok thanks guys, will try all those things.

Spruce

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2013, 08:41:39 pm »
Does it run properly with the engine running?

The engine's alternator will supply more than enough current to run your pump. If it still doesn't then check the fuse to the split charge relay as well as the other one from the relay to your leisure battery.

If that works fine then try what the others have said - either flat (needs recharging manually) or shot battery or faulty connections somewhere.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

matty72

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2013, 09:42:26 pm »
cheers mate

Spruce

« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2013, 10:40:26 pm »
Hi
another question. Is it actually a Varistream or another controller? (Hoover applies to all makes of vacuum cleaners.)  If it is a Varistream, then is it the latest one with the 3 bars fully charged indicator?

If it is then you need to fit an isolator switch between the Varistream and the leisure battery on the positive side and switch it off at night.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

Fin Clearview

« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2013, 10:54:45 pm »
Even with a split charge relay you will still need to charge the battery now and then, Also check your cables and connectors for damage or loose connections.

I had exactly the same symptoms and depending on your time spend driving you'll need to follow Ian's advice, I trickle charge once a week now due to me having a compact round. I also fitted the isolator switch to conserve more.