Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

jvincent

sub contract
« on: February 13, 2013, 01:18:03 pm »
We are looking to work with a reliable individual, preferably from the Kent area, to work with us on a long term basis; to cover work on our rounds. It would would be preferable to have your own WFP system, but we can work with those that do not. Typical earnings are £85, based on a completed batch of work (equating to 1 day of work). If you do not currently have a vehicle and equipment then we can offer use of one of our pool vans. We are an established company of over 10 years and have a good history of working with self employed individuals. Contact jvincent@ezy-clean.co.uk if interested. Please put some details about yourself and history in the email. Thanks.

Silver Surfer

Re: sub contract
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2013, 02:19:17 pm »
Would you not be better getting some more franchisee's on board?

jvincent

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2013, 02:27:11 pm »
Why?

James chapman

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2013, 02:32:11 pm »
£85 seriously?????

Ben wood

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2013, 02:36:30 pm »
Wow I think your going to be flooded with enquiries for 85  a day mate  lol

Silver Surfer

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2013, 02:38:32 pm »

jvincent

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2013, 02:40:17 pm »
Ok - I'm only trying to solve a problem - you don't have to apply! You might consider those out there - and there are many whose rounds or businesses aren't full with work and that have spare days each month or week to fill. This is an opportunity for them to do that. Surely £85 for a day is better than nothing? Or maybe I am wrong....?

Mike #1

« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2013, 02:44:54 pm »
£85 for a 8 hrs work minus fuel etc = minimum wage   ??? ???.

Money is money at the end of the day though for somebody just starting out it could be worth while for someone but for someone established you need to double it and a bit more . Mike

Silver Surfer

« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2013, 02:47:24 pm »
Ok - I'm only trying to solve a problem - you don't have to apply! You might consider those out there - and there are many whose rounds or businesses aren't full with work and that have spare days each month or week to fill. This is an opportunity for them to do that. Surely £85 for a day is better than nothing? Or maybe I am wrong....?

seeing as you've putting like that...fair doo's ;)

Joe Martin

« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2013, 06:06:26 pm »
£85.00 per day mate your get a Muppet.
More like £185.00 per day minimum.

deeege

« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2013, 06:10:10 pm »

Yes because earning £185.00 per day doing basically unskilled work is certainly the norm.   ::)roll
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

Joe Martin

« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2013, 06:13:07 pm »

Yes because earning £185.00 per day doing basically unskilled work is certainly the norm.   ::)roll
Absolutely. Pay peanuts get Monkeys.

deeege

« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2013, 06:16:04 pm »
There are employed window cleaners up and down the country earning less, much less, than £85 per day.

If you think £185 is the reality for a self employed window cleaner with the work supplied then you sir, are deluded.
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

Joe Martin

« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2013, 06:47:25 pm »
There are employed window cleaners up and down the country earning less, much less, than £85 per day.

If you think £185 is the reality for a self employed window cleaner with the work supplied then you sir, are deluded.
All depends on your quality of work, for example very high end luxury houses and blue chip commercial work and what sort of reputation you want to portray and what part of the country you live?
Not having a dig at you mate sorry if offended.

Gav Camm lammy 283

« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2013, 06:50:49 pm »
Many a firm in the n/west of England
Pay there window cleaners less than
£85 a day
Most cards in window cleaners
£300 a week
Ocs used to pay approx £40 a day
They do pay per job but if day rate
Then £40 would be what yr booked as !!!
LET YOUR PANES BE MY PLEASURE

"If CALSBERG did WINDOW CLEANING
 it would be C.C.C  Probably the best WINDOW CLEANERS IN THE WORLD ..........."

Richard60

« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2013, 06:56:25 pm »
to be fair £85 .no outlay is not to bad .

jvincent

« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2013, 07:07:24 pm »
ok chaps i  wasnt placing this on for debate but it seems everyone has had their 10 pence worth. thanks those that put in a reasoned argument. we have had great arrangements with several people in the past and i am well aware of the going rate. in this case i have been let down by someone who has been subcontracting on said rate for us for 6 months. completely out of the blue. anyone interested fire me an email.

deeege

« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2013, 07:07:49 pm »

All depends on your quality of work, for example very high end luxury houses and blue chip commercial work and what sort of reputation you want to portray and what part of the country you live?
Not having a dig at you mate sorry if offended.

No offence taken.

I do live in the real world however and as Gav says £50 a day is more like the going rate up here. If anything paying £185 per day came up I'd be applying for it myself. :)

Richard60

« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2013, 07:20:22 pm »
same here up the valleys .deeege.

roundbuilder

« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2013, 07:32:23 pm »
We are looking to work with a reliable individual, preferably from the Kent area, to work with us on a long term basis; to cover work on our rounds. It would would be preferable to have your own WFP system, but we can work with those that do not. Typical earnings are £85, based on a completed batch of work (equating to 1 day of work). If you do not currently have a vehicle and equipment then we can offer use of one of our pool vans. We are an established company of over 10 years and have a good history of working with self employed individuals. Contact jvincent@ezy-clean.co.uk if interested. Please put some details about yourself and history in the email. Thanks.

I see your guys working and chat to them all the time. They tell me they get a lot less than £85 a day though and must clean £260 min a day for you and are on trackers and get grief if they finish too early. 1 moaned that they work all week doing £260 a day but only earning £260 for the week themselfs. Your lucky though coz he said he knows its a job for life and appreciates it. Why dont you get your lads hose reels too??? Lugging the trolleys to every job is a nightmare. Just saying like ...