This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

dazmond

re-vamping my poles.
« on: February 13, 2013, 11:16:24 am »
day off today.snowing heavy here so ive been thinking about my pole set up.hoses,flow control,brushes,etc.

so ive ordered 30m of orange aqua-daptor hose which i think is the best pole hose ive ever used,pole taps,connectors,brushes from gardiners.

so my 3 pole set up will be

22FT CLX with flipfast angle adaptor,AD pole hose,push fit tap,medium mixed  XTREME brush

25FT SLX with carbon gooseneck,AD pole hose,push fit tap,medium mixed XTREME brush

40FT SUPERMAX with carbon gooseneck,AD pole hose,push fit tap,soft RADIUS SILL brush

im going to take all the sections apart of all 3 poles and give them a good clean,renew joint stop tape and re assemble.

i have a few spare standard SL brushes for the clx if needed,spare  carbon gooseneck with med SILL brush on the SLX quick release for conny roofs,etc.

as i use the first 25ft off my supermax as a 25ft slx now and my 25ft slx is part of my 40ft pole now im going to put the insulated base section from the slx back onto the 25ft pole.

i love most gardiner products like most of you guys. their poles,brushes and service are second to none but i really do think their hoses supplied with their poles are just not up to the job.

their push fit taps fit great on aqua-daptor pole hose with no problems but the hose supplied with my SUPERMAX just keeps popping out of the tap!i know you can get a fitting to fit inside but i just dont like the hose in general so im replacing it.

so what are you guys doing to fill your downtime? ;D ;D

im off for a swim soon down at the local baths! ;) ;D ;D ;D

best wishes to you all

dazmond
price higher/work harder!

Flash..

Re: re-vamping my poles.
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2013, 01:00:27 pm »
I have just spent the morning servicing my slx first time in the year I have had it, I took it apart renewed the stop tapes and put a new tape on the bottom of each section as per Alex's top tip and gave the inside of each section a good clean, replaced a couple of barrel nuts and gave it all a spray with silicone.  I have also treated myself to a new  superlight sill brush.  The pole is now running like new I cant belive the difference it has made and I have promised myself to do this much more often to save struggling at work.

A morning well spent in the warm drinking coffee I recomend it to you all.

Jack Harris

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2013, 01:10:45 pm »
Think i'm going to do the same to my clx 22 dazmond,

wheres the best place to get new stop tape from mate?

dazmond

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2013, 02:01:37 pm »
jack just use normal black insulation tape mate.im gonna do my slx pole this afternoon and my clx and replace brushes and pole hose on my supermax another day when the goods arrive. ;) ;D ;D

regards

dazmond

dazmond

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2013, 06:12:47 pm »
all done!this afternoon i took all sections off all 3 poles and gave them a good flush out with water and sprayed em with ptfe spray. ive put the insulated base section off my slx onto my sections of the supermax to make up my 25ft main pole.

just waiting on delivery now and ill replace the pole hose on my supermax with aqua-daptor hose and fit a pole tap and fit a pole tap to my clx and fit new xtreme brushes! ;D ;D

i find it good to make the most of my downtime!

i didnt bother replacing the joint stop tape as most of it is still pretty much intact on all 3 poles!!

best wishes to all you guys

dazmond

Avo

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2013, 06:32:04 pm »
all done!this afternoon i took all sections off all 3 poles and gave them a good flush out with water and sprayed em with ptfe spray. ive put the insulated base section off my slx onto my sections of the supermax to make up my 25ft main pole.

just waiting on delivery now and ill replace the pole hose on my supermax with aqua-daptor hose and fit a pole tap and fit a pole tap to my clx and fit new xtreme brushes! ;D ;D

i find it good to make the most of my downtime!

i didnt bother replacing the joint stop tape as most of it is still pretty much intact on all 3 poles!!

best wishes to all you guys

dazmond
I gave my slx a good clean down and re tape the stops last week and now it feels like new again "amazing difference " hey daz what's the med mixed xtreme brush like?? Got one coming tomorrow  ;D

Nick_Thompson

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2013, 06:32:34 pm »
Hi, Dazmond! Would you say that there are any differences between the A.D pole hose and the normal clear pole hose?

Nick
Do quantum mechanics fix old transits?

And let us not forget, voyeurism is an occupational hazard that we simply must endure.

deeege

« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2013, 06:34:55 pm »
I reckon your using the weather as an excuse cos you couldn't be bothered going out tbh daz  ;D. I'm about 10 miles away and got a good 6 hours in without any probs.
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

lee_dewing

« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2013, 08:04:08 pm »
Daz,  you given up on aquadapter then?

Heard your a hose pincher now :D

where you fitting tap? at brush head, then pinch hose if pole extended.

Have you noticed much more water usage since outting aqua-dapter.

Was thinking of getting the new improved lighter adapter soon. :)

Hope you enjoyed your day off.
Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work.     - Aristotle

dazmond

« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2013, 08:17:57 pm »
weather was "orrible all day here deege!! ;D ;D

no way was i going out in strong wind,snow,sleet,and rain! ;D ;D ;D

i do work in most weather but im not stupid and wont go out when its this bad!! :) :)

hi nic ive never tried the clear hose but tried a few others,gardiners,streamline lite-5,brodex etc and for me anyway the aqua-daptor hose is far superior in every way.it has a "memory" and coils up nicely when putting back in the van,its very tough and lasts ages and very importantly it fits the push fit pole taps perfectly with no leaks.you can also "nip" the hose and turn the flow off between windows easily.

avo ive not tried the medium mixed xtreme brushes yet mate.only ordered them this morning.heard good reviews of them though.

i have a medium xtreme and im very happy with the way it performs for such a light brush.i just think the medium mixed will be better for the leaded windows on my round.it should glide a bit easier with having the softer inner bristles.its also slightly lighter than the normal xtreme(unbelievable i know!) ;D ;D

regards

dazmond

LBWCS

« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2013, 08:27:49 pm »
day off today.snowing heavy here so ive been thinking about my pole set up.hoses,flow control,brushes,etc.

so ive ordered 30m of orange aqua-daptor hose which i think is the best pole hose ive ever used,pole taps,connectors,brushes from gardiners.

so my 3 pole set up will be

22FT CLX with flipfast angle adaptor,AD pole hose,push fit tap,medium mixed  XTREME brush

25FT SLX with carbon gooseneck,AD pole hose,push fit tap,medium mixed XTREME brush

40FT SUPERMAX with carbon gooseneck,AD pole hose,push fit tap,soft RADIUS SILL brush

im going to take all the sections apart of all 3 poles and give them a good clean,renew joint stop tape and re assemble.

i have a few spare standard SL brushes for the clx if needed,spare  carbon gooseneck with med SILL brush on the SLX quick release for conny roofs,etc.

as i use the first 25ft off my supermax as a 25ft slx now and my 25ft slx is part of my 40ft pole now im going to put the insulated base section from the slx back onto the 25ft pole.

i love most gardiner products like most of you guys. their poles,brushes and service are second to none but i really do think their hoses supplied with their poles are just not up to the job.

their push fit taps fit great on aqua-daptor pole hose with no problems but the hose supplied with my SUPERMAX just keeps popping out of the tap!i know you can get a fitting to fit inside but i just dont like the hose in general so im replacing it.

so what are you guys doing to fill your downtime? ;D ;D

im off for a swim soon down at the local baths! ;) ;D ;D ;D

best wishes to you all

dazmond

Daz can you post a pic of your push fit tap please im having issues

deeege

« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2013, 08:34:26 pm »
I was half joking really Daz because you said the other week that people were using the weather as an excuse to stay at home.  ;D

It was sleet and snow here aswell today, if I was on domestics I probably wouldn't have bothered myself but was on commercial all day do just cracked on with it.
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

dazmond

« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2013, 08:36:20 pm »
hi lee yes ive given up on  aqua-daptors mate.

with having such light poles i find it makes one hell of a difference not having one on the end of my poles.awkward windows are so much easier,hardly any bend at full stretch and generally i find the poles better balanced.aqua-daptor pole hose is fantastic though.horses for courses.

ive put a push fit pole tap about a metre and half from the end of my pole hose on my main pole(SLX)and ill be doing this with both my supermax and clx when they arrive.

no lee ive not noticed anymore water usage just nipping the hose.i have been using more water but thats mainly due to using a mega high flow as i can work so much faster! :D :D

most of the time i nip the hose in between windows and turn off with the tap when i customer comes out to pay me or im tradding ground floor windows etc.having a tap allows me to keep my pole hose connected to the microbore and is generally less messy.

regards

dazmond

dazmond

« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2013, 08:42:14 pm »
rhine my pole tap is the gardiners push fit one for under a tenner.

whats happening with yours?does it keep popping off the end of the hose?i had this problem with gardiners hose but no problem with aqua-daptor hose.its a nice snug fit with no leaks or anything.great stuff.

Total shine cleaning services

« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2013, 08:56:10 am »
hi guys- when renewing the stop tape on clx/slx what's the best way of taking the clamps off and putting back on etc,,,?

graham

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2013, 09:10:39 am »
hi guys- when renewing the stop tape on clx/slx what's the best way of taking the clamps off and putting back on etc,,,?

graham

Hi Graham

There is no need to remove the clamps. It is explained how to remove sections in this short video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VeXQaNUb8-4&sns=em

ben M

« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2013, 03:00:51 pm »
weather was "orrible all day here deege!! ;D ;D

no way was i going out in strong wind,snow,sleet,and rain! ;D ;D ;D

i do work in most weather but im not stupid and wont go out when its this bad!! :) :)

hi nic ive never tried the clear hose but tried a few others,gardiners,streamline lite-5,brodex etc and for me anyway the aqua-daptor hose is far superior in every way.it has a "memory" and coils up nicely when putting back in the van,its very tough and lasts ages and very importantly it fits the push fit pole taps perfectly with no leaks.you can also "nip" the hose and turn the flow off between windows easily.

avo ive not tried the medium mixed xtreme brushes yet mate.only ordered them this morning.heard good reviews of them though.

i have a medium xtreme and im very happy with the way it performs for such a light brush.i just think the medium mixed will be better for the leaded windows on my round.it should glide a bit easier with having the softer inner bristles.its also slightly lighter than the normal xtreme(unbelievable i know!) ;D ;D

regards

dazmond
how do you do Daz? i bought the orange pole hose from aqua dapter a month ago and it is a nightmare! the hose always twists! worse than gardiners pole hose ( yes it is possible! ;D)

dazmond

« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2013, 03:28:33 pm »
hi ben i love the aqua-daptor pole hose.mine very rarely kinks or twists.each to their own! ;) ;D ;D

brushes have arrived although i havent had chance to fit them yet.ill be doing that tomorrow afternoon after ive finished some work i have left to do.hopefully the aqua-daptor hose with arrive today or tomorrow morning. :) :)

Total shine cleaning services

« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2013, 01:56:47 am »
thanks Alex

Graham

Cliff perkins

« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2013, 03:07:15 pm »
Do you have a link to the spray you used as mine could do with it.
Regards
Www.1stglasswindowcleaning.co.uk