Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Ben wood

anyone work grimsby
« on: February 11, 2013, 06:24:41 pm »
I will be getting at system fitted at purefreedom very soon as I will be waiting around for a day and live in dorset. Im willing to work for the day for free as its better than sitting in a cafe all day.

Dave Garrett

Re: anyone work grimsby
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2013, 06:42:18 pm »
Purefreedom usually send you out with a cleaner ...Must admit i didn't take up the offer spent the day walking around shopping centre etc best do what you suggest or indeed see if you can watch the installation wish i had, easier to understand system and location fuses etc ...Customer Service second to none Excelent

simon w

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2013, 08:12:17 pm »
I will be getting at system fitted at purefreedom very soon as I will be waiting around for a day and live in dorset. Im willing to work for the day for free as its better than sitting in a cafe all day.

I had a right old mission going up to PF. It was late December 2010 and one of the worst winters I can remember, getting the van there from Bristol was a mission in itself, the docks around the fishing port were frozen solid and the snow up there was a lot worse than back home, when I found PF workshops the co owner "Andy" was kind enough to drive me to the local travellodge, unfortunately it was fully booked and he drove me into the centre of Grimsby town and to a B&B he knew of, anyway it resembled faulty towers and in reality they should have paid me to stay there. The following day with nothing to do I had a wander around the Fishing Heritage Centre in Grimsby, then back to collect my van. Have a day off and do some touristy stuff, if anything you'll learn that living in Grimsby will never be an option for you and that having clean windows in that town would be the least of your worries  :)

windiewasher

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2013, 08:14:54 pm »
Im in cleethorpes m8 but out of action at the moment.backs gone on me.
Takings off all first cleans till march 7th 2014
October  total=  cleaned  extra per month
November = cleaned extra per month
Total £  so far.

windiewasher

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2013, 08:17:43 pm »
Get down to cleethorpes. Steeles corner house best fish and chips in the world.
Total £  so far.

Dave Willis

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2013, 08:18:06 pm »
I got so bored that I walked back from the town and docks to the workshop. Horrible place.

CLEANCARE WC

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2013, 08:22:13 pm »
i would go see a 2 or 3 films at the cinema assuming there is a decent size one?
WE CLEAN BY FAITH, NOT BY SIGHT WITH WATER FED POLE WHEN WORKING AT HEIGHT.

scottt24

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2013, 08:22:31 pm »
I had a custom made frame from them middle of last year
They had no problem with me hanging around to see how they went about it all
Thanks,
              Scott

windiewasher

« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2013, 08:24:44 pm »
i would go see a 2 or 3 films at the cinema assuming there is a decent size one?
Big one in cleethorpes.
Total £  so far.

simon w

« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2013, 09:03:58 pm »

Agree food was OK. "well apart from the B&B" in fact food there wasn't an option because she said atm we aren't serving it  ??? I said well shouldn't you just call yourself just a "B",  :o

I did have a great ruby murry that night and a full english the next morning.

Isn't the top guy from the FWC from Grimsby? perhaps he could show you around or perhaps put you up if your staying over night .

windiewasher

« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2013, 10:07:50 pm »

Agree food was OK. "well apart from the B&B" in fact food there wasn't an option because she said atm we aren't serving it  ??? I said well shouldn't you just call yourself just a "B",  :o

I did have a great ruby murry that night and a full english the next morning.

Isn't the top guy from the FWC from Grimsby? perhaps he could show you around or perhaps put you up if your staying over night .
Grimsby is not cleethorpes m8,you should have stopped at cleethorpes.
Total £  so far.

simon w

« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2013, 10:27:58 pm »

I did have a great ruby murry that night and a full English the next morning.

I love to travel mate and joking aside, found the industrial heritage in Grimsby fascinating, this town has without doubt played an incredibly part in fishing and industry in the UK, I found this out from the museums.

All the locals I spoke to were welcoming and friendly and I could see from the Victorian architecture that in it's day this town was jewel within the UK. If it wasn't such a short visit and the weather so extreme I'd love to have learnt more.

KS Cleaning

« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2013, 10:37:00 pm »
With hind sight,instead of walking around Grimsby,I wish I had took up PF's offer of going out to work for free for the day!

windiewasher

« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2013, 10:39:11 pm »

I did have a great ruby murry that night and a full English the next morning.

I love to travel mate and joking aside, found the industrial heritage in Grimsby fascinating, this town has without doubt played an incredibly part in fishing and industry in the UK, I found this out from the museums.

All the locals I spoke to were welcoming and friendly and I could see from the Victorian architecture that in it's day this town was jewel within the UK. If it wasn't such a short visit and the weather so extreme I'd love to have learnt more.
I agree although never been to the fishing heritage centre.
Total £  so far.

simon w

« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2013, 10:43:43 pm »
With hind sight,instead of walking around Grimsby,I wish I had took up PF's offer of going out to work for free for the day!

You taking the pee?

KS Cleaning

« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2013, 10:49:24 pm »

You taking the pee?
A wis that bored that a went to the bookies for about 3 hours :-\................and lost £60 :'(

windiewasher

« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2013, 10:54:32 pm »

You taking the pee?
A wis that bored that a went to the bookies for about 3 hours :-\................and lost £60 :'(
you should have gone to cleethorpes!
Total £  so far.

KS Cleaning

« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2013, 11:04:19 pm »
A had a 6 hour drive down and had booked into the Travelodge? at the beginning of the Ind est where PF are. Got there at 9 in the mornin and asked if they had a room ready so a could get a kip,but they wouldny check me in til 2 o clock,so a wis sleepwalking around Grimsby. A suppose it could av been worse,a could av been wide awake :D

brynley

« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2013, 07:03:10 am »
keep away from a road called springbank, a nutty woman lives there.

windiewasher

« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2013, 08:30:12 am »
keep away from a road called springbank, a nutty woman lives there.
Whys that? What did she do? Lol
Total £  so far.