This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Klean07

I've had my 04 Connect for 6 years. Cost me £4,000 off Fleabay! It was an ex rental so was regulary serviced etc! I've had a cambelt change which cost me £100 including parts. Its been serviced every two years but other than that its only cost me a few tyres and odd bulbs here and there! So it owes me nothing as Bros would say!
kkleanwindowcleaning.co.uk

davids3511

Re: How long have you had your van/car that you use for your business?
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2013, 06:46:29 pm »
Ive got an 06 transit 280 since september. Before that a 00 scudo for 4 years. Was a pile of crap when I bought it but only had 1500 at the time. Went for scrap when I was finished with it.

Michael Peterson

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2013, 06:47:22 pm »
i wish i was that luck my friend, when i was trad i had six cars in a year, then i brought a fiat scudo for 1400 which i had a week, so i bought a rover 400 which surprisingly never went wrong in a year after costing £400 (gave it away to get wfp) got a doblo of here, great buy 56 with 40,000 fully fittted serviced etc then a month ago with 50,000 on the clock gthe timing chain snapped and sent a piston through the engine its having another top part of the engine put on ! i have a transit swb at the moment a 56 with 100,000 on which i worry every day will break down :-) hasnt yet... but it is the one thing in this business that fills me with dread, next time if the van blows up im gunna get one for 1000-1500 and just last it a year and buy another

Michael Peterson

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2013, 06:48:22 pm »
you do realise after you have posted that, your van will develop a serious problem :-)

Klean07

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2013, 06:58:51 pm »
Thats what I thought too!
kkleanwindowcleaning.co.uk

chez

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2013, 07:20:18 pm »
Vw transporter for four years. Great van. Only spent on a few tyres, 2 batteries as I run the pumps from them and clutch needed replacing. Due to have new discs and cam belt done at next mot. .

mgba_78

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2013, 07:30:27 pm »
We have an 2008 vivaro since brand new  ;D
Only had tyres and brakes oh and the power steering pump went last week.

5 years of hassle free motoring really well chuffed.
Probably chopping it in this year and getting another new van not sure what though maybe a Transit ST  8)
Oooooo that is shiny!!

Neil Jones

« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2013, 07:37:47 pm »
mgba, '5 years of trouble free motoring with a vivaro, prob going to get a new one soon, a transit'  ???

Deangsi

« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2013, 07:38:27 pm »
Fiat scudo 2000 plate cost 250 with a nackered head gasket. Spent 700 on a 90k engine cambelt kit clutch gear cables all fitted heater plugs fan belt at 70 fitted disks and pads. Had it a year and a half now goes well but its got a few dinks now lol

mgba_78

« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2013, 08:15:05 pm »
mgba, '5 years of trouble free motoring with a vivaro, prob going to get a new one soon, a transit'  ???

Yup, weve done 75k it so far as well, it really has been amazing, i'd rather pay for a new van than be paying a big tax bill.
Them Tranny STs look smart!
Oooooo that is shiny!!

king marko

« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2013, 08:19:19 pm »
O2 plate expert - had it 2years now but not without a few probs but overall a decent van
Might be able to afford to upgrade next year  ;D

Jista

« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2013, 09:03:37 pm »
I have a Mercedes sprinter 2008 had it 5 years and its ******* crap its cost me around £7000.

It will be going in June

PLEASE STAY AWAY FROM THESE

Johnny B

« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2013, 11:24:57 pm »
I have a '99 Fiesta van. I bought it for £995 in March 2010, and after sorting a few gremlins out initially is a great little van.   

My previous van was an '88 Fiesta Mk2, £50 off ebay. Ran it for 3 years on a shoestring, and only let it go when my local MOT garage refused to test it because of the patchwork quilt floor.

John
Being diplomatic is being able to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Window Washers

« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2013, 04:23:21 am »

Yup, weve done 75k it so far as well, it really has been amazing, i'd rather pay for a new van than be paying a big tax bill.

looked at a couple of these today my boy racer put a side its not needed, goi going back next week to go over one that came in today pre reg
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

AuRavelling79

« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2013, 10:45:08 am »
Got a brand new 1.3 Doblo on a 2006 '56 plate.

Runs fine; had a 400L in it as a "one man" then I towed a trailer with an extra 200L for six months "as a two man" and now it is my "second van" and gets an easy life. Just being used for odd gutter vac or conny jobs.

Probs: Minor stuff - starter motor replaced under warranty; side door lock jammed and replaced at 3 years; drivers leccy window "cradle" replaced at 4 years.

Only done 33,000 miles

Then just in March last year ago I got a Hyundai iload and with a 5 year warranty and as expected no probs yet but I have given it a few irritating dings and small scratches (posts, grit bins, my own trip cone(!!) )

But that's only got 5000 miles on it!
It's a game of three halves!

chanster00

« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2013, 11:27:26 am »
got "BETTY" a 02 plate transit 280 2 litre with a 1000 litre tank, (never been filled to the top) does 30 - 35 mpg

had it for 4 years, egr pipe blew open on it fixed for £40 (NOT REPLACED JUST REPAIRED), sailed threw every MOT

GREAT VAN! GOT 150,000 MILES ON THE CLOCK,

THINK I,LL MANAGE A YEAR OUT OF HER PLUS she was involved in a crash last month!

Stu Wallace

« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2013, 12:30:52 pm »
mgba, '5 years of trouble free motoring with a vivaro, prob going to get a new one soon, a transit'  ???

looked at a couple of these today my boy racer put a side its not needed, goi going back next week to go over one that came in today pre reg

Don't buy one of these!!

Very light payload

Bodykits are really easy to get off and get nicked all the time £1500 to replace!

The wheels are really soft and bend easily loads of £'s to replace.

Gordon_Taylor

« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2013, 06:29:46 pm »
I have a 96 Berlingo and apart from tyres, new head light and general servicing it runs fine, if it wenjt pop tomrrow I'd get the new shape berlingo with the three seats in it.

Gordon
Quality is doing it right, even when no-one is looking.

gary999

« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2013, 07:48:07 pm »
a 22 yr old passat estate carries 200litres and pack with ease

beat that one for age ;D

robertphil

« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2013, 08:21:54 pm »
i got my 02 Berlingo last April off Ebay. serviced  twice since then plus cambelt/2tyres and suspension bits .   fitted a Fiat rear seat in it for workers but will be getting a proper crewvan ,maybe brand new, in April