Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Blacky

Re: Thinking of selling ?
« Reply #40 on: February 08, 2013, 07:53:11 pm »
Phil,
You're already at the top of page one, the problem with your site is what it says, solve that problem, which would cost you nothing and you might start getting more enquiries. If you went out leafleting all day every day, you would get work at very little cost. Your problems revolve around not looking at the problems you've got and trying to solve them by identifying them and making changes to how you perceive and do things within your business.

Simon

We both know that trudging the streets with leaflets is not going to produce the fruit. It has to be done on a truly massive scale to keep a one man band relatively busy.

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #41 on: February 08, 2013, 07:55:10 pm »
Yes, but it is a whole lot better than sitting on your arse waiting for the phone to ring and spending the day moaning about how little work you've got.

Simon

Blacky

« Reply #42 on: February 08, 2013, 08:05:06 pm »
I disagree. The time your out doing this fruitless task your not earning one single penny for your time. If you are lucky enough to get a job that has to cover the cost of not only doing the job but the waste of a day finding it.

He and new starters would be more wealthy if they worked in supermarkets.

*Hector*

« Reply #43 on: February 08, 2013, 08:18:05 pm »

He and new starters would be more wealthy if they worked in supermarkets.

And building a client base slowly but surely, and getting referrals etc..

Try to talk sense Blacky  ;)
Everyday this forum slips further from God.  :'(

Phil @ Extreme Clean

« Reply #44 on: February 08, 2013, 08:49:20 pm »
I'm not good at the nitty gritty side keeping lists finding commercial contacts letters etc i'm better on the job grafting and as for doubling my prices i don't think that is the answer i did 2 bedrooms today £24 each i even knocked off £3 so £45 the 2 took me an hour that to me is good money especially in my area.
Extreme Clean
Carpets to DRY For!!!!!

www.bookaquote.co.uk

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #45 on: February 08, 2013, 08:54:48 pm »
I'm not good at the nitty gritty side keeping lists finding commercial contacts letters etc i'm better on the job grafting and as for doubling my prices i don't think that is the answer i did 2 bedrooms today £24 each i even knocked off £3 so £45 the 2 took me an hour that to me is good money especially in my area.
Well then you're wasting your time in this business because you've got to be good at so many things, especially the the things you don't like doing.

Simon

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #46 on: February 08, 2013, 10:02:09 pm »
Why knock off £3?

That's your petrol money (or part of it)

Shaun

davep

« Reply #47 on: February 08, 2013, 10:22:43 pm »
You keep rattling on about not getting prices in your area. So travel a little, surely there's a richer area within a few miles. BUT in my experience the richer they are the less they want to pay!

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #48 on: February 09, 2013, 08:25:18 am »
Phil,
At the very least try something new. Take your prices off your website so that people have to call you for a price and get it out of your head that price is the only reason people book you, trust me, it is not. Make your home page more appealing by researching other people's site who do df and see if you can generate more calls. Progress is about change and trial and error. If you do nothing, nothing will change and youll be in the same situation in a years time.

Simon

L.Doubtfire - The Blade Runner

« Reply #49 on: February 09, 2013, 08:47:54 am »
Simon,your advice to Phil is absolutely `spot on`.
This `thread`has been as good as any day spent
At a marketing and advertising course.
Phil`s always had problems on this `score`.
I personally think Phil has`nt got what it takes thru`
Perhaps no fault of his own.
I think he`s as well out of it if whats being written
Is anything to go by.

Lewis  Doubtfire
L. Doubtfire
Window Cleaner

Phil @ Extreme Clean

« Reply #50 on: February 09, 2013, 09:47:59 am »
Thanks for all advice gonna have a play with my website today doe's anybody have a survey form i could use or were i could get from Thankyou.
Extreme Clean
Carpets to DRY For!!!!!

www.bookaquote.co.uk

Deep Cleaning Solutions

« Reply #51 on: February 09, 2013, 10:11:53 am »
As i have said before, you are in a gold mine of an area when it comes to carpet cleaning.

I have just searched " carpet cleaning fleetwood " and you are at the top of google on page one as Simon mentions, but their is one problem.

You are not showing on page one on the local places listing, looking at who is there, most of them are based in Blackpool ect. There is no one from fleetwood on A to G, you could easily get on the A listing if you got your local listing sorted out. Have you registered your local places business listing??? ..... It does not look like it, i can't find you anywhere when i search you on maps!!! You NEED to sort this out, go to https://accounts.google.com/ServiceLogin?service=lbc&continue=https://www.google.com/local/add%3Fservice%3Dlbc

If you do this, i GUARANTEE you will get more calls, a lot more, customers are far more likley to call you if your address is showing, especially as you should be the only one with a Fleetwood address. If you do this you will also have two listings on page one of google, i have three listings on the first page of google for my favourite keyphrase search term.
David.
Owner of Deep Cleaning Solutions.
Expert in Web Design & SEO
www.rocketwebsitedesigners.co.uk

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #52 on: February 09, 2013, 10:14:39 am »
Thanks for all advice gonna have a play with my website today doe's anybody have a survey form i could use or were i could get from Thankyou.
Take note of what Gary said in his post which I thought was excellent.
Pretty much everything in this world is bought through emotion, not logic. If you compare your site to my "correct-office" one in my signature you'll see two very different approaches - yet we are using exactly the same kit.

You are telling people all about you kit and I'm telling them how fantastic their carpets will look

Simon

Deep Cleaning Solutions

« Reply #53 on: February 09, 2013, 10:27:11 am »
I know it's not a DF but this therma-dry kit may make you re-think on the price ect of yours -

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CARPET-CLEANING-SYSTEM-CRAFTEX-THERMADRY-/261167372190?pt=UK_HomeGarden_CLV_Cleaning_CA&hash=item3ccec9d79e
David.

Phil @ Extreme Clean

« Reply #54 on: February 09, 2013, 10:28:26 am »
As i have said before, you are in a gold mine of an area when it comes to carpet cleaning.

I have just searched " carpet cleaning fleetwood " and you are at the top of google on page one as Simon mentions, but their is one problem.

You are not showing on page one on the local places listing, looking at who is there, most of them are based in Blackpool ect. There is no one from fleetwood on A to G, you could easily get on the A listing if you got your local listing sorted out. Have you registered your local places business listing??? ..... It does not look like it, i can't find you anywhere when i search you on maps!!! You NEED to sort this out, go to https://accounts.google.com/ServiceLogin?service=lbc&continue=https://www.google.com/local/add%3Fservice%3Dlbc

If you do this, i GUARANTEE you will get more calls, a lot more, customers are far more likley to call you if your address is showing, especially as you should be the only one with a Fleetwood address. If you do this you will also have two listings on page one of google, i have three listings on the first page of google for my favourite keyphrase search term.

I think i did this before i got a card and entered the number they told me too if thats the correct thing you mean ?
i have just setup again allthough i don't know how to add my business ?
Extreme Clean
Carpets to DRY For!!!!!

www.bookaquote.co.uk

Deep Cleaning Solutions

« Reply #55 on: February 09, 2013, 12:17:00 pm »
Yes, that's what i mean, some times it takes a while for them to verify it for you, it will probably say pending in your google account. Give it a few weeks, if it's still not working i will help you out with it.
David.

garry22

« Reply #56 on: February 09, 2013, 12:44:59 pm »
Simon,your advice to Phil is absolutely `spot on`.
This `thread`has been as good as any day spent
At a marketing and advertising course.
Phil`s always had problems on this `score`.
I personally think Phil has`nt got what it takes thru`
Perhaps no fault of his own.
I think he`s as well out of it if whats being written
Is anything to go by.

Lewis, Phil is at least ten times better than me when I started.

I genuinely used to feel physically sick when I had to try and get business (I came from a local gov't background and had never sold anything in
my life).

People on here are quick to suggest carpet cleaning training but the same applies to marketing training. I was lucky enough to meet David Jenkins of Fastrack fame, who convinced me that I could be a marketer if I really wanted.

I have well over a hundred copywriting / marketing books (which I have read). I was taught a few things by (allegedly) the UK's highest paid copywriter. I also spent a small fortune on internet marketing training with a top American marketer (much of which is now obsolete). In all, I reckon I have done the equivalent of two degrees in my spare time.

My point is that If I can do it anyone can. I've gone from having a horrible knotted feeling in my stomach just thinking about marketing to really enjoying it.

Phil, try these (buy as a pair on Amazon)..... "The Ultimate Marketing Plan" and "The Ultimate Sales Letter" by Dan Kennedy.

When you have finished those get "How to Sell at Prices Higher Than Your Competitors: The Complete Book on How to Make Your Prices Stick" by Larry Steinmetz

Warren Aldridge

« Reply #57 on: February 09, 2013, 12:51:24 pm »
You actually should be operating on the other end of the spectrum by being good at keeping statistics and that nitty gritty stuff first and foremost... and then do the graft on the back end of that effort.

What you need is a partner who is good at that and you do the graft

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #58 on: February 09, 2013, 01:04:53 pm »
The point about putting out your own leaflets when you are not busy is you can test leaflet and diffrent areas.

When you find what works you can then think best way to distribute in Mass

company , or organize helpers yourself see thread on leaflet distribution.

I think Sales is one of those things some can some can not. Yes you can suceed at from anybackground , You can Half suceed or you are completley useless.
Very few people become top Salespeople in Direct Selling most leave unless they are out to con the public with dubious offeres and preasure

Phil @ Extreme Clean

« Reply #59 on: February 09, 2013, 01:23:02 pm »
Yes, that's what i mean, some times it takes a while for them to verify it for you, it will probably say pending in your google account. Give it a few weeks, if it's still not working i will help you out with it.
[/quote

I got that card and registered last year  ???
Extreme Clean
Carpets to DRY For!!!!!

www.bookaquote.co.uk