Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Ian101

Got a leave it today !
« on: January 24, 2013, 02:35:57 pm »
First 1 in ages ... good regular customer but they gave it "its gonna snow again - can you come back next week ?"

Said "sorry in different area next week"  ;)

no worries not going to dump and replace with 2 ... will give em a pass due to weather plus was about 12 inces of snow in her area  ;D

landy2

Re: Got a leave it today !
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2013, 02:53:54 pm »
What I don't understand why do cleaners go out when there is snow or ice one the floor if you are wfp as you are leaving water behind that will be a hazard

Mike #1

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2013, 03:03:11 pm »
Because we are real men and not shandy drinkers . Mike

lee_dewing

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2013, 03:41:12 pm »
I suppose looking at it from a positive you can't make the floor any worse and if the custy has cleared drive you could throw a bit of salt down.
Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work.     - Aristotle

matty72

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2013, 04:14:43 pm »
had two customers just before crimbo say leave it, both have done it before, both i explained i need to keep working, going to dump both this time, although i dont want to people need to understand we provide a 12 months service just like the phone,cable, water, electricty, although not as important thats how we keep going and pay bills,

Dougaldum

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2013, 04:30:09 pm »
First 1 in ages ... good regular customer but they gave it "its gonna snow again - can you come back next week ?"

Said "sorry in different area next week"  ;)

no worries not going to dump and replace with 2 ... will give em a pass due to weather plus was about 12 inces of snow in her area  ;D
only one i had 4 that said can you leave it it's not the weather for so when it's the summer ime gonna say ohh its not the weather four it ;)

lee_dewing

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2013, 04:35:39 pm »
Yep!

Matt what about hit em with a big price rise and say this is because they keep turning you away, they might argue they don't.
You could say i'l give it another try.

Or send em a letter saying it's not working out for you as they keep turning you away and as your self employed if you don't clean their windows you are recieving a pay cut.
Thankyou for your custom.

I have dumped alot over the years i've done this, and feel maybe a kind word might have won em over, in writing.

When i've dumped custie they end up confronting me or calling me and can end up a bit tense ;D

I prefer the custie to think it was their idea to dump me it's easier.

This happened recently with custie that owed me £50.
Sent her text saying I was dissapointed she hadn't paid me as said.

She sent back ar5ey text saying not to carry on.
Mind you thought i was going to have to take her to small claims court for money.

Got paid when sent invoice recorded delivery, was looking forward to sending her thomas higgins solicitors, letter before action :D

Ian101

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2013, 04:54:56 pm »
Yep!

Matt what about hit em with a big price rise and say this is because they keep turning you away, they might argue they don't.
You could say i'l give it another try.

Or send em a letter saying it's not working out for you as they keep turning you away and as your self employed if you don't clean their windows you are recieving a pay cut.
Thankyou for your custom.

I have dumped alot over the years i've done this, and feel maybe a kind word might have won em over, in writing.

When i've dumped custie they end up confronting me or calling me and can end up a bit tense ;D

I prefer the custie to think it was their idea to dump me it's easier.

This happened recently with custie that owed me £50.
Sent her text saying I was dissapointed she hadn't paid me as said.

She sent back ar5ey text saying not to carry on.
Mind you thought i was going to have to take her to small claims court for money.

Got paid when sent invoice recorded delivery, was looking forward to sending her thomas higgins solicitors, letter before action :D

For £2 you still can just for the fun of it  ;D ;D

matty72

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2013, 05:03:38 pm »
i did put one of customers price up by 25% because they kept skipping and explained it was cheap before hand,all was fine for a while then back to there old ways, going to tell them found another custie and wont have time for theirs, i dont mind the odd miss but you get a window cleaners nose, you know who is going to keep mucking you about.

lee_dewing

« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2013, 05:17:21 pm »
but you get a window cleaners nose, you know who is going to keep mucking you about.

How true! Mat.

Ian, did cross my mind "TH-letter ;D"

colin purewater

« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2013, 05:21:38 pm »
I had some one say "can you leave it coz of the
Snow"    Yesterday

I just said that snow doesn't make the
Window dirty does it?
keep it simple

G Griffin

« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2013, 06:28:12 pm »
What I don't understand why do cleaners go out when there is snow or ice one the floor if you are wfp as you are leaving water behind that will be a hazard

And you don't want to be kicked in the ribs.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

dazmond

« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2013, 06:44:36 pm »
if a monthly customer gives me a "not today" with no reason twice in a year i offer them a 2 monthly clean at a higher price.if they dont accept i dump them.

2 monthly customers who give me a "not today" without a good reason(building work etc) get dumped first time.

i had a 2 monthly custy come out before xmas and say "can your leave them because your making the dog bark!".i simply said i will have to take you off the round as itll be 4 months between cleans.she said carry on and do them then!!and paid me there and then!! ;D ;D ;D
price higher/work harder!

lee_dewing

« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2013, 07:00:52 pm »
I wonder if custie was jumping on her dogs tail Daz.

Thought she'd try and save a few quid for xmas :D
I guessing no mince pies or crimbo tip at that house.
Lee

bobplum

« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2013, 07:05:36 pm »
i never argue/debate any more i just say," ok"..........................mouse,open george,click delete,done

Ian101

« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2013, 07:09:23 pm »
i never argue/debate any more i just say," ok"..........................mouse,open george,click delete,done

ooooo your so moneysupermaket you dont even know it  ;D

dazmond

« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2013, 07:26:39 pm »
no xmas tip no lee but shes a nice old woman really.

im really  not bothered when it comes to xmas tips and just want paying for the clean on the frequency agreed!

landy ive been sweeping away standing water at customers houses all week and putting salt/grit down after getting their permission.no problems whatsoever.

it sounds to me your just looking for excuses not to work.its all in your mind mate.you can get out and make some money if you wanted to.fair play if your not up to the challenge!! ;D ;D ;D ;D

best wishes

dazmond

lee_dewing

« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2013, 08:41:06 pm »
Yep lazy bones, not broken bones  ;D

Been sorting out a few minor changes in van and tools so i'l be quicker ;)

Thanks for hose thermo tip and ski pants.

Ordered these today
http://www.sportsdirect.com/nevica-ski-jacket-mens-409005

Also got same make ski pants £24.99 can't find them on sdirect now.
Lee

landy2

« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2013, 08:46:55 pm »
hello  been out but been doing shops and odd traditional work  , just  i couldnt be bothered with the hasle of water freezing , its been one of them weeks were you just dont know were you stand with weather , will be bang at it monday wfp everything  ;D ;D ;D i think forcast is warming up next week  ??? ??? ??? well i hope ;D

dazmond

« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2013, 08:52:35 pm »
ski jacket looks good lee for the price!! ;)

the only reason i have a goretex shell jacket is i can wear it over my fleece in winter then wear it with my polo shirts in summer when its raining.im still dry then but not too hot!! ;D ;D

that ski jacket will be too hot to wear in the summer when its raining to keep you dry!!