Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Moderator David@stives

Scott Young
« on: January 23, 2013, 08:43:25 pm »
Has anyone got a link to any info about Scot Young travelling around the Uk in a taxi promoting the Squeegee

Alex Gardiner

Re: Scott Young
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2013, 09:02:30 pm »
Has anyone got a link to any info about Scot Young travelling around the Uk in a taxi promoting the Squeegee

Was only reading about this earlier in the week - cannot for the life of me remember where!

trevor perry

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2013, 09:14:04 pm »
in manchester my dad said it was unger that travelled about demonstrating the squeegee and remembers him demonstrating it on a thirty foot pole.
better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove any doubt

stuart mc

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2013, 09:15:11 pm »
I can remember where alex here ;) Ian lancaster wrote a bit about it

andyM

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2013, 09:16:25 pm »
http://www.syrclean.com/aboutus.html

Don't mention much but shows a picture of him standing by what looks like a taxi with squeegee in hand.
One of the Plebs

A-W-C

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2013, 09:20:48 pm »
Here is a link scroll down to Ian Lancasters reply

http://www.cleanitup.co.uk/smf/index.php?topic=61905.0

A-W-C

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2013, 09:31:04 pm »

Ian Lancaster

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2013, 11:36:20 pm »
There was an article about it in the FWC magazine several years ago (might even have been back in the days of the National Federation of Master Window and General Cleaners)

I attended a NFW&GC exhibition in London when Scot Young gave his address regarding this, so got it direct from the horses mouth ;D  He described it as:  "We're in a war here, they've got bows and arrows and I've got a machine gun but they can't see my weapon is better than theirs" then went on to describe how he hired the taxi etc.  This was in the mid 90's - Scot was an old man by then and made a point of telling us that when people asked him what he did he always said he was a window cleaner, even though by that time his company was a multi-national and he himself a millionaire.

As he was himself the 'Phantom Window Cleaner' I've no reason to doubt the truth of the story.  As he told it he only drove around London.  I'm sure this way pre-dated Unger, when I started the only squeegees available were Ettore.

bobplum

« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2013, 11:56:38 pm »
whats a squeegee ???

robertphil

« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2013, 07:49:19 am »
syr tiger sleeve is absolutely the tops of tops .   but you have to wash it a few times first

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2013, 08:13:31 am »
I can remember where alex here ;) Ian lancaster wrote a bit about it

Shows how quickly I forget!