Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Steve Sed

People!
« on: January 23, 2013, 02:08:49 pm »
I parked in a cul de sac this morning. I have 8 or 9 to do there dotted around and so I park, drag the hose to the furthest point and work around the van. About half way through, a car drives along and parks close to the hose. I note the male passenger look at the wheel when he got out. The woman driver, from the look of her face is clearly "spiritually sick", but seeing from about 10 metres that she is close to the hose I enquire, "you're not on the hose are you?" in a pleasant manner. Her reply is "dunno". I then ask her male passenger the same question, to which he replies "I don't think so". I ask her again and he says " I don't think so". They go into their house.

I had a wander up when I finished the house I was on and sure enough they were parked on the hose. I bang on the front door and Miss Smiley emerges. I say that you are on the hose and you need to move. To which there is a torrent of rhetoric from which I picked up that she only had half hour for lunch and that my hose shouldn't be in the road. To which I say, you shouldn't have parked on the hose. She screams "why not?". I point out that common courtesy is the reason. Anyway, she moved her car. And I gave her a super cheery thank you.

Some people.

formb

Re: People!
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2013, 02:21:02 pm »
I give those a smile as I'm leaving and say;

C U Next Tuesday!

That always gets a puzzled look.

Ste M

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2013, 02:22:51 pm »
Why didn't you check as soon as they pulled up? Also why didnt your flow go off? And I think you will find that she was right with what she said about you not having the hose everywhere, if I do this than I make sure the hose is tidy up against the kerb, if she had got out and tripped over the hose immediately then you,d have a claim against you, each to their own in how you work but I or my lads wouldn't of done what you did

Tomboler

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2013, 02:45:50 pm »
I give those a smile as I'm leaving and say;

C U Next Tuesday!

That always gets a puzzled look.

made me laugh

A & J Owen Window Cleaning

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2013, 02:46:56 pm »
should have blocked her in with ya car ;D laugh at that miss  smiley pants ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Steve Sed

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2013, 03:28:00 pm »
Why didn't you check as soon as they pulled up? Also why didnt your flow go off? And I think you will find that she was right with what she said about you not having the hose everywhere, if I do this than I make sure the hose is tidy up against the kerb, if she had got out and tripped over the hose immediately then you,d have a claim against you, each to their own in how you work but I or my lads wouldn't of done what you did

It was against the kerb at that moment hence when she parked she was on it. It didn't go off because it was pinched I guess along an edge and I didn't check immediately because I had a pole extended.

So calm down and try not to sound so angry. I'm sure your "lads" would appreciate it.

peter1983

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2013, 03:39:43 pm »
To be fair she was right its up to you to keep a eye on your tools h&s

Ste M

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2013, 03:44:43 pm »

It was against the kerb at that moment hence when she parked she was on it. It didn't go off because it was pinched I guess along an edge and I didn't check immediately because I had a pole extended.

So calm down and try not to sound so angry. I'm sure your "lads" would appreciate it.

Who's angry? Your the one who went banging on someone's door. You say it never went off but you also say you went back to finish the house ? You sure your not bugging your story up as your bored and not working due to the snow? My 'lads' appreciate me yes, what's the point in you saying that?

wightsurf

« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2013, 04:24:47 pm »
Had this happen a few yrs back. For some reason I had my trolley jack,should of seen there faces when I jacked up there car   ;D

SPE

« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2013, 05:21:13 pm »
I say that you are on the hose and you need to move
Did you not say please ?  :D
I tend to lose my temper pretty quick when people tell me I need to do something instead of politely requesting  ;D

Steve Sed

« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2013, 05:29:07 pm »
I tend to lose my temper pretty quick when people tell me I need to do something instead of politely requesting  ;D
I did. She was an angry person and more or less deliberately parked on the hose. Perhaps that didn't come across.  ::)

SPE

« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2013, 07:25:43 pm »
I did. She was an angry person and more or less deliberately parked on the hose. Perhaps that didn't come across.  ::)
theres always one !
I've had people kick my warning cone out of their way and tutt  on many occasions,
 ;D

dave0123

« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2013, 07:44:54 pm »
It doesn't always go off when someone parks on the hose, had it a while back someone parked on it i was around the back flow slowed slightly did wonder why  ;D come back round couldn't wheel it back in lol
Dave.

Dora Jarr

« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2013, 08:05:45 pm »
Please don't forget that we are the scum of the earth to some people.

Once you get your head around this, you will achieve nirvana, I'm sure.

Lesson 344.993B, Corinthians etc.

Mike #1

« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2013, 08:36:24 pm »
To be fair she was right its up to you to keep a eye on your tools h&s

Health & Safety you are having a laugh how about Specsavers if they cant see 100 meters of bright yellow or orange hose across the road and are unable not to park on it they should not be driving .

I have had hose running along the road up to the kerb and people have parked on hose and must have been fully aware they had done so but still got out of car and went in the house . DINGBATS   . Mike

scud

« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2013, 09:04:13 pm »
  In my last job as a warehouse manager we had a factory next deoor who parked all over the place.
  One day some idiot had parked on a corner and we couldn't get a lorry round to get load3ed, the bloke refused to move it until his shift finished at 10pm. He must of had a shock when he came out as I got the big forklift out and lifted it out of the way and put it down on top of the railway bank opposite.
 3 days later he parked it in the same place, when the next lorry couldn't get through and the driver (mental trev) got ped off as he was running out of time he just bulldozed his way past and dragged the trailer over its bonnet.

Nobody ever parked on that corner again!

Mike #1

« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2013, 10:14:13 pm »
Lmao , my wife works in care home and the access road is a nightmare they are warned that if they obstruct the road and an emergency vehicle will smash its way through cant wait to see that, Mike