Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Jack Harris

Internal Window Cleaning
« on: January 22, 2013, 09:43:48 pm »
Hi lads has anyone used this and can give me some feedback?

http://www.gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/acatalog/vikan-easyshine-kit.html

R.C Property

Re: Internal Window Cleaning
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2013, 09:54:36 pm »
yer i have one that i use on inside window of a wedding dress shop, work great, you do use a few pads tho, but when there is £10,000+ worth of dresses in the window im happy at using a few pads to make sure i dont get any splashes on them

not as easy when first using it, but comes to you quickly. its like using a wagtail. 

Jack Harris

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2013, 10:09:33 pm »
Wicked ill order it then as got alot of insides to do as from next month, cheers for the feedback on it rich :)

R.C Property

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2013, 10:12:25 pm »
If you are using it a lot in one day I use one pad per 6ft x 6ft window, then it gets a bit to damp to use and a few smers can  appear. Think there are 5 in the pack.

Jack Harris

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2013, 10:15:50 pm »
ill have to get a load of pads then lol nice one mate :)

ronnie paton

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2013, 10:20:18 pm »
over priced mate and that pole is about 2 foot fully extended.

its alot more when you get the bigger pole.

you can get a big unger pole and unger pads for the same priceish

R.C Property

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2013, 10:22:38 pm »
over priced mate and that pole is about 2 foot fully extended.

its alot more when you get the bigger pole.

you can get a big unger pole and unger pads for the same priceish

For £8 you can get an adapter that will make it fit onto any pole you have,

home6442

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2013, 10:35:55 pm »
Sureclean sell one at £25+vat
I have both and its just as good as the vikan. [surecleansystems.com]
No use on domestic homes with smokers.

abilol

« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2013, 11:20:09 pm »
Have a look on cleaning spot site I bought a unger one last week they got loads different one on there cheers laurie

Steve Sed

« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2013, 06:08:20 am »
What's wrong with a squeegee?

Smudger

« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2013, 07:07:34 am »
Access i would say.

these are ok and if like a wagtail then i wouldn't buy a wagtail  :-\

usually double clean on a first clean to get a decent finish.  like RC says buy the adaptor for high work and
stick it onto your WFP

Darran
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

Rob Knapman

« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2013, 07:19:19 am »
My thoughts exactly.....why overcomplicate things? If there is something in the way, get them to move it back...simple!!
Knapman Cleaning services, washing glass since 1945

R.C Property

« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2013, 07:40:18 am »
My thoughts exactly.....why overcomplicate things? If there is something in the way, get them to move it back...simple!!

not so easy on some shop display's. by the time you have moved everything out the way, with this kit you could of cleaned the window, plus its good customer service too!
its not over complicating things, all it is is spray pure water on window and wipe off, less complicated than adaptor and squeege and detailing.
wfp came out to make things easier for cleaning extertal windows, if anything wfp is over complicating things.  at the end of the day its all tools of the trade.
before anything is said im 98%wfp and wouldnt do outside windows trad, unless its shops.

Mike_G

« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2013, 03:52:26 pm »
They are rubbish, if you cant squeegee learn, it will be easier. Those things are only any use if there is no other way of cleaning the window, and really only work on windows that are fairly clean to start with. If I was doing a shop with expensive dresses I would either scrim the windows or just leave them until the change the diplay, its just not worth the risk

R.C Property

« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2013, 04:16:19 pm »
They are rubbish, if you cant squeegee learn, it will be easier. Those things are only any use if there is no other way of cleaning the window, and really only work on windows that are fairly clean to start with. If I was doing a shop with expensive dresses I would either scrim the windows or just leave them until the change the diplay, its just not worth the risk

just cloth the windows??? are you joking?? thats worse than using one of these, plus it dont look pro either and you cant get ladders in to reach top so you got to use pole!!!!
its a weekly job for me, and has to be done each week,

these are very good when you use the right. they are a lot easier than squeege, like i said before by the time you have put the addaptor across the the window, with this bit of kit you have already finished the window.

Mike_G

« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2013, 04:59:08 pm »

just cloth the windows??? are you joking?? thats worse than using one of these, plus it dont look pro either and you cant get ladders in to reach top so you got to use pole!!!!

these are very good when you use the right. they are a lot easier than squeege, like i said before by the time you have put the addaptor across the the window, with this bit of kit you have already finished the window.

So you admit using the Vikan is not great or else you would not say using a cloth is "worse than a Vikan"  Suggesting the vikan is not ideal?

How could using a scrim be worse than the Vikan kit? All the Vikan kit is, is a pole and a cloth stuck together with a bit of velcro for the bargain price of £70. Its not really any different than a scrim. If you cant get a ladder into the tops then I suppose they are fine, as I said they are really only any good if you have no other way of cleaning the windows. I stick with my first comment though, those things are rubbish.

R.C Property

« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2013, 06:48:10 pm »

So you admit using the Vikan is not great or else you would not say using a cloth is "worse than a Vikan"  Suggesting the vikan is not ideal?

How could using a scrim be worse than the Vikan kit? All the Vikan kit is, is a pole and a cloth stuck together with a bit of velcro for the bargain price of £70. Its not really any different than a scrim. If you cant get a ladder into the tops then I suppose they are fine, as I said they are really only any good if you have no other way of cleaning the windows. I stick with my first comment though, those things are rubbish.

no the vikan kit is good bit of kit and works well. if the dresses etc wasnt in the way i would squeege them.
squeege is always better for internal work.

the vikin kit isnt just a cloth on velcro. its like saying wfp is just a brush on a pole! i agree its not worth the £70 that they charge for it, if you can get a cheaper one or second hand one its better, i paid £20 for mine, its worth it. doing that job once paid for it, 

Mike_G

« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2013, 06:55:39 pm »

no the vikan kit is good bit of kit and works well. if the dresses etc wasnt in the way i would squeege them.

the vikin kit isnt just a cloth on velcro. its like saying wfp is just a brush on a pole! i agree its not worth the £70 that they charge for it, if you can get a cheaper one or second hand one its better, i paid £20 for mine, its worth it. doing that job once paid for it, 

Water fed pole is a brush on a pole ;)

For £20 the vikan is ok, but why was the bloke flogging it? Probably because its poop! Only messing, I just dont like them. I use mine for balastrad glass I cant reach any other way, and to be fair they are minging and the Vikan just cant clean them up, and boy have I tried. I think they would be fine on windows that are fairly clean but thats about it.

R.C Property

« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2013, 06:59:09 pm »

Water fed pole is a brush on a pole ;)

For £20 the vikan is ok, but why was the bloke flogging it? Probably because its poop! Only messing, I just dont like them. I use mine for balastrad glass I cant reach any other way, and to be fair they are minging and the Vikan just cant clean them up, and boy have I tried. I think they would be fine on windows that are fairly clean but thats about it.

lol
he sold it because he had 2 of them and the dragonfly system, wasnt even used so pad was nice and clean.
yer i use it fro them and for the large windows. do you just use pure water or do you use glass cleaner in the spray??

Mike_G

« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2013, 05:26:28 pm »
Spray, but the cloths just get wet far to fast for my liking, and to be honest the windows I got the kit for are really filthy and it just cant clean them. I think it would be fine if it was just for taking dust of the glass but not much more than that.