This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

colin purewater

Advertising blunders ??
« on: January 22, 2013, 08:33:28 pm »
I'm interested who wasted there money
On a bad bit if advertising and what it was?

I'm currently exchanging heated email with
A company that I took some letter box advertising
With in a tesco store in a posh area.  They told
Me 30,000 people walk past it every day which after checking
They do, prime location next to exit, great art work
Ect..

After going to the store and finding it, there's a big fat
Security guard sat I'm front of it so no one could take a leaflet
 So complete waste of money and I'm trying my best
To get it back!

Comon then who's had worse??

Many thanks

Colin
keep it simple

richywilts

Re: Advertising blunders ??
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2013, 08:45:08 pm »
1)

company called thingyular blagged me to advertise in mollington banastre golf club brochure i was hesisitant coz my friend was in advertising but i went with it signed the email confirmation thing then held back payment it was all a bit dodgy next minut golf club went bust etc i witheld payment for ages had slanging matches with there so called director getting nasty and heated and in began to get solicitors letter over it low n behold i never got any phonecalls from it

2)

i did two page spread in local magazine in all there publications i.e heswal,neston,chester ellesmere port bout 7 in total due to the response id had from classified ads in there hardly got a thing to be fair

3)

did a back page advert on local free paper got 2 council estate jobs that was it from first edition ran it for 8 weeks got jack sh*t

4)

did an advert in my mates schools magazines which got sent out to loadsa school again jack sh*t

Richard Wiltshire
Window Clean Direct

richardwiltshire36@yahoo.co.uk
www.windowcleandirect.co.uk

deeege

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2013, 08:46:05 pm »
Funny story that col. Maybe you should give the security guard a load of flyers to hand out to passing folk.

In my previous life running a office furniture company, before the internet is what it is now, I used to spend between £2k - £3k a year advertising with Yellow pages. They faxed over the confirmation which detailed the advertisement and all was correct so I signed and faxed back.

A couple of months later a copy of the yellow pages landed on my desk and my adverts were nowhere to be seen. I contacted Yellow pages and was told that my 2 adverts were indeed in the new new book on pages 138 and 192.

They had only gone and put my adverts in 2 completely random sections, if I remember correctly the sections were agricultural equipment supplies and rental cars.

Needless to say i got a full refund and havnt advertised with them since. :)
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

wpclean

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2013, 10:25:33 pm »
Yellow pages for me a few years ago . . . . the salesman I dealt with was brilliant ( he asked if could cope with all the customers that would be flooding in before I signed up )  I spent a few hundred pounds in exchange  for one customer.

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2013, 11:02:09 pm »
Too long a story to explain fully, but got scammed out of £385 recently by a company called bluetech media. I qualified for a government grant to fund a percentage of seo work on my websites. They took my money and not answered a single call since. Ripped off big time.

It's easy to sit there reading this and think how was he so gullible, but I am shrewd with this sort of thing and not easily tricked. Still they got me. I'm obviously not shrewd enough.

Window Washers

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2013, 11:30:48 pm »
Too long a story to explain fully, but got scammed out of £385 recently by a company called bluetech media. I qualified for a government grant to fund a percentage of seo work on my websites. They took my money and not answered a single call since. Ripped off big time.

It's easy to sit there reading this and think how was he so gullible, but I am shrewd with this sort of thing and not easily tricked. Still they got me. I'm obviously not shrewd enough.
wow that's one I've never heard of :0
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)