Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

[GQC] Tim

Very happy with today's work.
« on: January 22, 2013, 05:56:08 pm »
Managed to do quite a bit of work today on my own, very pleased. Shows that with a little preparation, you can still do quite a bit.  :)

Went out to the van at 9, -3, to fire up the hotwash to get some water through the hose reel, only to find that my float valve/solenoid somehow didn't shut off until the tank just over flowed, little puddle in van, and even though fan heater was in the van all night, frozen over.

So only got out at 9:45, and got back in at 16:55. About 1:45 hours total worth of travel time today, so nothing record breaking turnover wise, but considering the conditions today (-3 when I left, and +3 when I came home), not too bad at all. Have been ankle deep in snow in basically every customer's garden, and only the main roads were doable. Back roads and private drives weren't very good at all. And that's here in Surrey.

Had time for 20 min tea/toilet break as well, and 15 min lunch, so extremely pleased with the daily average.

14 jobs, total : £397

£13, £27, £24, £17, £18, £13, £10, £18, £72, £15, £55, £19, £72, £23. (£1 tip)

Probably taking the day off tomorrow only because I came in too late from work yesterday, and when the RO was done filling, the feed and drain pipes were already frozen, so couldn't blow out the water. When I came home today they were still frozen. Shame, might just have enough water to do some work, but not a full day.

Little video I took from a back road, completely iced over. Fun.

http://tinyurl.com/ama36ny

Dave Willis

Re: Very happy with today's work.
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2013, 06:05:24 pm »
Do you find vat a nuisance when you go over 100k?

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2013, 06:07:42 pm »
Do you find vat a nuisance when you go over 100k?

lol, I don't work like that every single day mate, besides I don't have enough work for that to begin with. To do that every single day, 5 days a week would take some doing and would probably drive me mad. More important things then work anyway. Not to mention the days you can't work or take off.  :)

Dave Willis

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2013, 06:11:49 pm »
Yes, I have to finish early most days just to stay out of the supertax bracket. Bloody nuisance really.

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2013, 06:15:42 pm »
Yes, I have to finish early most days just to stay out of the supertax bracket. Bloody nuisance really.

I'm sure it is.  ;D

dazmond

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2013, 06:21:12 pm »
ive never earned £400 in a day window cleaning!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D

you must of cut a few corners today!! ;D ;D ;D ;D
price higher/work harder!

Klean07

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2013, 06:21:23 pm »
Managed to do quite a bit of work today on my own, very pleased. Shows that with a little preparation, you can still do quite a bit.  :)

Went out to the van at 9, -3, to fire up the hotwash to get some water through the hose reel, only to find that my float valve/solenoid somehow didn't shut off until the tank just over flowed, little puddle in van, and even though fan heater was in the van all night, frozen over.

So only got out at 9:45, and got back in at 16:55. About 1:45 hours total worth of travel time today, so nothing record breaking turnover wise, but considering the conditions today (-3 when I left, and +3 when I came home), not too bad. Have been ankle deep in snow in basically every customer's garden, and only the main roads were doable. Back roads and private drives weren't very good at all. And that's here in Surrey.

Had time for 20 min tea/toilet break as well, and 15 min lunch, so quite pleased with the daily average.

Probably taking the day off tomorrow only because I came in too late from work yesterday, and when the RO was done filling, the feed and drain pipes were already frozen, so couldn't blow out the water. When I came home today they were still frozen. Shame, might just have enough water to do some work, but not a full day.

All together now ...... "Didn't he do well"....... ::)
kkleanwindowcleaning.co.uk

Klean07

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2013, 06:22:35 pm »
ive never earned £400 in a day window cleaning!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D

you must of cut a few corners today!! ;D ;D ;D ;D

Pmsl!! ;D
kkleanwindowcleaning.co.uk

richywilts

« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2013, 06:26:42 pm »
what was the £72 job tim
Richard Wiltshire
Window Clean Direct

richardwiltshire36@yahoo.co.uk
www.windowcleandirect.co.uk

evo

« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2013, 06:33:22 pm »

So only got out at 9:45, and got back in at 16:55. About 1:45 hours total worth of travel time today, so nothing record breaking turnover wise, but considering the conditions today (-3 when I left, and +3 when I came home), not too bad at all. Have been ankle deep in snow in basically every customer's garden, and only the main roads were doable. Back roads and private drives weren't very good at all. And that's here in Surrey.

Had time for 20 min tea/toilet break as well, and 15 min lunch, so extremely pleased with the daily average.

the only tip i would get at them prices would be not to come back

Ben wood

« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2013, 06:37:20 pm »
Daz it doesnt mean he cut corners mate. Different areas have higher prices not all will clean a 3 bed house for 6 quid. I for one charge 14 quid for 3 bed houses without connys. And before you say it its not ripping them off. They new the price before I started to clean them. I know one company that charge 22 quid for little 2 bed houses. Then another guy charges 5 quid. I value my time more than others

Steve Sed

« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2013, 06:40:47 pm »
£80 an hour. I take my hat off to you Tim.

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2013, 06:40:57 pm »
Down here in Surrey we are quite fortunate with the prices you can charge, I must admit. And even then, they are well priced houses. I didn't post it to show off, but it's surprising to see how much people are willing to pay for a reliable and regular service, and I know some even charge higher.

I did go at a fair speed, if only to keep the extremities warm. But with the Xtreme 25 you can work quite fast, coupled with high flow rate and hot water. I mean, this is years of trying to get faster on every job, without going into silly mode or cutting corners.

@ Richy, it was a quite a large house out in the sticks. The other £72 was a fairly large house as well, but not too far from here. All of them were residential.

andyM

« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2013, 06:46:18 pm »
Daz it doesnt mean he cut corners mate. Different areas have higher prices not all will clean a 3 bed house for 6 quid. I for one charge 14 quid for 3 bed houses without connys. And before you say it its not ripping them off. They new the price before I started to clean them. I know one company that charge 22 quid for little 2 bed houses. Then another guy charges 5 quid. I value my time more than others

Very true.
We are all in business to make money.

One of the Plebs

dazmond

« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2013, 06:46:33 pm »
fair play tim and im quite sure the cost of living is a lot higher in surrey than manchester!! ;D ;D ;D ;D

best wishes

dazmond

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2013, 06:48:24 pm »
fair play tim and im quite sure the cost of living is a lot higher in surrey than manchester!! ;D ;D ;D ;D

best wishes

dazmond

Thanks Daz.

But yea, renting a 1 bedroom house here has gone up to an average of £800 a month, and on top of that £134 council tax. Some houses even more. Just thinking about it makes you depressed. All the other costs I'm sure are about the same in the rest of the country. But every thing just keeps going up and up, I'm glad I've got a good job.

dazmond

« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2013, 06:59:35 pm »
tim my rent is £280 a month and my weekly fuel bill for the van is around £15.

council tax is around £800 a year!! ;D ;D

my van cost me £1400 nearly 3 years ago and its still going strong with minimum maintenance!

my brother lives in wimbledon and i sure notice the difference in the cost of food and drink as well!! ;D ;D

im happy earning £150-£200 a day for 5-6 hours work which is achievable without busting a gut every day!!

regards

dazmond

SPE

« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2013, 07:01:16 pm »
Thats an average of 16 mins per house, from pulling up to driving away,
3 of those jobs earnt you half of your takings : x2 @ £72 and x1 @£55,
How long did they take you ?
Fair play and well done if what you are saying is true. :-\ ;D

roundbuilder

« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2013, 07:22:21 pm »
Fair play tim. £72, £72, £55, £27, £24 then id have gone home. What sort of houses were the biggies??

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2013, 07:44:02 pm »
tim my rent is £280 a month and my weekly fuel bill for the van is around £15.

council tax is around £800 a year!! ;D ;D

my van cost me £1400 nearly 3 years ago and its still going strong with minimum maintenance!

my brother lives in wimbledon and i sure notice the difference in the cost of food and drink as well!! ;D ;D

im happy earning £150-£200 a day for 5-6 hours work which is achievable without busting a gut every day!!

regards

dazmond

Seems like it's much cheaper to live up there, still you are earning some good money. Good stuff.

Thats an average of 16 mins per house, from pulling up to driving away,
3 of those jobs earnt you half of your takings : x2 @ £72 and x1 @£55,
How long did they take you ?
Fair play and well done if what you are saying is true. :-\ ;D

The £55 job takes me about 35 minutes, one of the £72 ones takes me about 45 minutes tops, the other one about 60 minutes. It's the smaller ones funnily enough that you can do in no time whatsoever, as some of them are slightly more straightforward. It's mainly the driving that was taking quite a bit of time today, especially since I had to drive snail pace here and there. Thankfully, I still don't have to travel very far, but unsurprisingly, it definitely all adds up.

Coming home I realized I got all my work in and was pleased to say the least. Especially since it's snowing again now.

Fair play tim. £72, £72, £55, £27, £24 then id have gone home. What sort of houses were the biggies??

The big ones were between 6 and 9 bedroom houses, nice houses.