Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

ronnie paton

Re: who will insure a tank in back on van.
« Reply #40 on: January 22, 2013, 11:33:45 pm »
i forget this window cleaning forum is about spelling!!! doesnt matter if you can clean windows or know about window cleaning if you cant spell your doomed!!!

im sure all insurance company work with in the same perimitors all though most dont ask the question is your van modified has it is up to the company getting insured

i could show you examples of companies who have fell short by not being insured properly but i dont care, i know i am and all though it cost more my company can afford it!!
excuse the spelling mr pro im not a english teacher just run  succesfull cleaning business

KS Cleaning

« Reply #41 on: January 22, 2013, 11:44:58 pm »
dont you just love these know it alls that know knothing about anyting!!

You can't even spell the tripe you write Ronald!! ;D
Maybe he's from southern Ireland :P

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #43 on: January 23, 2013, 07:44:33 am »
i forget this window cleaning forum is about spelling!!! doesnt matter if you can clean windows or know about window cleaning if you cant spell your doomed!!!

im sure all insurance company work with in the same perimitors all though most dont ask the question is your van modified has it is up to the company getting insured

i could show you examples of companies who have fell short by not being insured properly but i dont care, i know i am and all though it cost more my company can afford it!!
excuse the spelling mr pro im not a english teacher just run  succesfull cleaning business

But you obviously DO Roland, sorry, Ronald! Every time this issue comes up you post the same stuff, over & over. So, it must really, if you're honest, p*** you off big time handing those large premiums over? ;D

ronnie paton

« Reply #44 on: January 23, 2013, 10:14:43 am »
I don't hand them over the company does! I have piece of mind that I fully covered and not cutting corners!

The company wouldn't be able to pay it if it wasn't doing well ::)

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #45 on: January 23, 2013, 04:38:37 pm »
I don't hand them over the company does! I have piece of mind that I fully covered and not cutting corners!

The company wouldn't be able to pay it if it wasn't doing well ::)

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Classic!

Panorama

« Reply #46 on: January 23, 2013, 06:27:33 pm »
Just had my quote through off Alexandra swan ,£442

dave0123

« Reply #47 on: January 23, 2013, 07:00:26 pm »
had a ok quote off More than, u can do it online under modifications > accsesories > water tank fitted
Dave.

EandM

« Reply #48 on: January 24, 2013, 12:13:12 am »
Tried many insurers at last renewal and the tank in the back has become a sticking point. Many classed it as a modification, with a few including Gladiator, determining that a modification was ANYTHING that the van / truck didn't leave the factory with, even going so far as to add that they wouldn't pay out ANYTHING for a van that had racking fitted - unless it was a factory fit option.
They argued that if a tank in a pick up was secured it was a modification. I asked, What if it were not secured ? They replied that it was then an unsecured load and they wouldn't cover that either. I asked what the difference between an unsecured tank and a wheelbarrow were? They replied that a wheelbarrow was exempt as it was cargo and could be removed at the other end. I argued that a 25 litre barrel could be removed so was that cargo ? We went round and round for some time with them being pedantic and myself pointing out that I could see why a tank should be secured in a van as it was a risk to the occupants and the only way around this would be to have  a series of bulkheads fitted, to which they agreed. I then pointed out that a pick up would therefore be exempt as it has two bulkheads in place already - they went quiet.
Finally I asked Adrian Flux and they said - £440, 2002 Ford Ranger Fully Comp, tank no problem.

dave0123

« Reply #49 on: January 24, 2013, 01:04:43 am »
adrian flux was about 1100 for me paying monthly.  More than quoted 645 online if i was to pay in full with modification and water tank fitted, they don't seem that bothered either. aviva wont insure it full stop
Dave.

CF Facilities

« Reply #50 on: January 24, 2013, 07:27:29 am »
Direct line have just started van insurance and underwriters would not even quote because they won't cover water tanks. They were not even interested in me carrying barrels.