This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

king marko

Free clean anyone?
« on: January 22, 2013, 01:56:42 pm »
Just found this on Gumtree

http://www.gumtree.com/p/business-services/budget-window-cleaning-services--first-clean-free-of-charge/1007585582

Anyone else offer free 1st cleans?
I hate doing them so can't imagine doing them for nowt

davids3511

Re: Free clean anyone?
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2013, 02:09:04 pm »
Hi name is Strah! Is that foreign or a misspelling?

Jim Waugh(Albright & Shiny)

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2013, 02:19:39 pm »
Call me cynical but wont he get swamped by one off's?

landy2

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2013, 02:35:59 pm »
we all know that we charge a bit extra for one offs and first cleans  , as  % of cleans pack it in after first clean , so realy buissness suicide . ???

dave0123

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2013, 02:43:13 pm »
Most people will probably think there's a catch anyway.. as the saying goes you dont get anything for free!
Dave.

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2013, 02:49:14 pm »
A foon born every day.I don`t think anyone offing a first clean free had enough brains to clean windows.

landy2

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2013, 03:01:39 pm »
do you think if i gave him a list he would do a days work and then i could go and collect , would be a great day off  ;D ;D ;D

robbo333

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2013, 03:02:28 pm »
I'd be interested to know the figures, how many became good custys! I bet not a lot...if any!
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

Ian101

« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2013, 03:14:01 pm »
He may just clean 1 pane of glass and go "What do yer think of that Missus bet you never had anything so clean and shiny in yer life" ... ......................  then charge her £20 to do the rest  ;D

He may even do a Gav Camm and say "you got any hot water?". "you have !fantastic tea with 2 sugars me old duck"

;D

WGB

« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2013, 03:14:54 pm »
In window cleaning u lose and gain work all of the time so he could end up doing an endless line of free work. :(

andyM

« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2013, 03:23:30 pm »
I think the poor chap is probably dead from the neck up.
One of the Plebs

dazmond

« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2013, 04:57:27 pm »
ive seen a window cleaning company near me flyposting on telegraph poles "FIRST CLEAN FREE!"

why would anybody do a first clean for free?? ??? ???

nowt as queer as folk!! ;D ;D ;D ;D

the mind boggles!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

dazmond
price higher/work harder!

SB Cleaning

« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2013, 05:10:58 pm »
 ;D ;D What a goon!!

Nick_Thompson

« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2013, 06:39:20 pm »
Twelve years ago I took voluntary redundancy and started window cleaning fulltime. I bought a couple of small rounds to make ends meet but still found that I had a lot of time on my hands. As a consequence, every now and then, whilst engaged in conversation with neighbours of existing customers I would casually ask them if they would like their windows cleaned por-gratis.

In my experience, and i appresiate that this is somewhat isolated, not only did these individuals feel it incumbent apon them to insist on payment after my labour, but I still have them to this day.

As a direct result of these encounters, I have often considered swollowing the inevitable exploitation,  and just give it a go in the roads of present customers.

Nick
Do quantum mechanics fix old transits?

And let us not forget, voyeurism is an occupational hazard that we simply must endure.

SPE

« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2013, 09:11:08 pm »
;D ;D What a goon!!
Yep definately, what a goon !
He's in Surrey too,
does'nt he know you can earn £400 a day cleaning windows even in the snow
and ice ?
What a plonker   :P
 :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

roundbuilder

« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2013, 09:21:28 pm »
Still a lot cheaper than paying x2 to a canvasser. I used to offer 2nd clean half price but found with experiance you dont need to offer anything, they either want a window cleaner or they dont.

Gav Camm lammy 283

« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2013, 09:35:51 pm »
He may just clean 1 pane of glass and go "What do yer think of that Missus bet you never had anything so clean and shiny in yer life" ... ......................  then charge her £20 to do the rest  ;D

He may even do a Gav Camm and say "you got any hot water?". "you have !fantastic tea with 2 sugars me old duck"

;D

Tea no m8 coffee for me
Spot on with the sugars m8 lol
LET YOUR PANES BE MY PLEASURE

"If CALSBERG did WINDOW CLEANING
 it would be C.C.C  Probably the best WINDOW CLEANERS IN THE WORLD ..........."

pdale

« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2013, 09:48:28 am »
To be fair it doesn't say the first clean is free, it maybe the third or fourth?

My brother used to offer a free clean every 12 months, providing that they had the windows cleaned every month for 11 months. It always caused issues to those who would skip a month for some reason who felt he was being unfair, in the end he dropped it.
Where am I knocking today?

lee_dewing

« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2013, 10:11:23 am »
Nick Thompsom, not critiscising  as i thought of doing something like this, but offering to clean one window for Free (labelled as say free demo!)

As wfp, is still Alien to alot of people.

But giving something for free in a road i already have existing custies worries me it might cause issues (jealousy)

But I salute you Nick if it gets you to wear you want to be quicker and if it doesn't cause problems; as mention if your gonna pay x3 to buy a round then maybe this could work.

But as said if think the word demonstration and 1 window free need to be used.
Lee
Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work.     - Aristotle

king marko

« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2013, 04:33:27 pm »
To be fair it doesn't say the first clean is free, it maybe the third or fourth?

My brother used to offer a free clean every 12 months, providing that they had the windows cleaned every month for 11 months. It always caused issues to those who would skip a month for some reason who felt he was being unfair, in the end he dropped it.
It does say first clean free mate - read the ad again - it's in the title  ;D