This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

sham33

Home made flyers vs professional flyers
« on: January 22, 2013, 11:56:50 am »
Which do you think gets the best results? Any body whose tried using both what was the success rate of both? I've seen people on here before say that its makes no difference or professional flyers make you look more expensive (which I am  :P) but I'm tempted to print some of my own and give it a try.

Dominic Carnell

Re: Home made flyers vs professional flyers
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2013, 12:28:59 pm »
Horses for courses imo. If you're a big company then home made flyers are going to look crap. If on the other hand you're a local window cleaner, then I think people don't have a problem with home made flyers because they want to take on someone local who they can trust, and a home made flyer is more personal in that case.

sham33

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2013, 12:38:32 pm »
I'm not a big company I work by myself most of the time.

SherwoodCleaningSe

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2013, 12:50:27 pm »
The big difference is in quantity, the more leaflets you put out the better the results. If you get a nice full colour design and then get say 5000 printed professionally probably under a £100 it works out far cheaper than printing up just say 1000 at home. So you win both ways, you get better quality and much cheaper too. The big thing is do the artwork yourself at home and email it to who ever you.

Simon.

Window Washers

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2013, 12:55:20 pm »
Which do you think gets the best results? Any body whose tried using both what was the success rate of both? I've seen people on here before say that its makes no difference or professional flyers make you look more expensive (which I am  :P) but I'm tempted to print some of my own and give it a try.
printing your own tends to cost more money
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

shina

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2013, 02:20:32 pm »
So what is the best company to use then? Vista? there has to be better ones out there ar is it best just to pop down to your local small time printer and get them done there as you will not pay p&p?

combat1

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2013, 02:23:19 pm »
I had some professional ones done, result very poor.
Put together a flyer on the computer with the relevant facts and got the local printer to photocopy them, not expensive and a far better result. Use my own all the time now.

wpclean

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2013, 02:23:44 pm »
If you want better paid jobs then go for the professional look.

R.C Property

« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2013, 03:25:47 pm »
i've used both and for me i get more results with the diy black and white on a5 paper that i print myself than i did with full colour thicker paper ones.

« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2013, 03:41:18 pm »
All the above is true but you will know what market you are targeting then make up your mind and go for it.Its very difficult to say what will work in your case.

SherwoodCleaningSe

« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2013, 03:57:50 pm »
I've used these a few times before they have been very good, just knock up a PDF that you are happy with and email it to them. They are cheaper than local printers from my experience.

www.stressfreeprint.co.uk

Simon.

Steve Sed

« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2013, 04:10:17 pm »
I get them printed now on glossy paper, but home printed brought in a better return.