Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

lisa123

Re: starting out in domestic cleaning need advice plz
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2006, 10:46:03 am »
hi ray,
i know what its like to not be taken seriously. I'm just 28 but still can get on the bus as a child!!!
my younger cousins who are 17 and 18 look older than me, and they can get into nightclubs and pubs no trouble, but i have to show ID.
How sad is that.
Also i do get a lot of people who do enquire about my cleaning services and then they ask me if they can speak to my manager, cheeky beggars. I say I am the proprietor and manager, now how can i help  ::) some people!

Good luck, Lisa

CMS

« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2006, 11:53:45 am »
That guy's got his head screwed on.

Good luck Ray.

Where in Essex are you?

keen2clean

« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2006, 01:37:19 pm »
Im based in hornchurch but am looking for work in sorrounding areas such as chelmsford, brentwood, billericay, southend occasionaly. I am trying to promote my company with an honesty policy because i feel trust is a big issue when you go into peoples houses, offices.
I felt like this would be a good time to start the biz as i am young and dont have many running costs in life mortgage etc.
Lisa i bet so many women envy you its a good thing looking young isnt it? lol
I tried shell live wire they provide software to formulate a business plan and they allow you to have a meeting with someone that can give you advise nice guys.
Thanks for your encouragement guys has boosted my confidence a lot.
thanks ray

D woods

« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2006, 02:22:18 pm »
Hi Ray
I live in Hornchurch , and my janitorial business is in Rainham we often
get people in the shop asking for domestic cleaning services ,so you can
leave some flyers with your details on if you want to.

keen2clean

« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2006, 03:17:17 pm »
Hi Ray
I live in Hornchurch , and my janitorial business is in Rainham we often
get people in the shop asking for domestic cleaning services ,so you can
leave some flyers with your details on if you want to.
Dave that would be fantastic help, can i have your company address and i will pop some into you if thats okay. Have you got any fliers i could give out for you if i do janitorial cleaning?  I still cant beleive how helpfull every one is being thanks again.
Ray

D woods

« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2006, 03:24:57 pm »
Hi Ray
Our janitorial business is at 125 New Road Rainham Essex RM13 8ES
www.allcleangroup.co.uk

CMS

« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2006, 03:48:29 pm »
Wow, this takes me back about 10 years. I first went to Essex in 1992 to manage the contract at Ford for NES Limited. I had been Site Manager at Rover in Birmingham. I was living in a company house at Hutton (Nr. Brentwood) until I bought one in Epping.

I left NES and went on to be a Director of one of the 'Franchise Companies' operating in the South East (can't say which one unfortunately - but went to work in Ilford and Kingston every day).

As I've said in other posts that side of the business is a rip off and I wasn't comfortable doing it. I then went to work for We Are Cleaning (GB) Limited as Regional Manager for London and the SE. Based at Staples Corner I looked after everything from Margate to Reading and Bournmouth to Luton (£4million portfolio). Left there when they were sold and moved back to the Midlands to start CMS Limited.

Oh............memories! (Hollywood in Romford, Epping Forest Country Club, Furzehill Country Club).....hic, hic.

D woods

« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2006, 04:14:57 pm »
Hi CMS
I think Hampton Environmental Services clean Fords at Dagenham now(what's
left of it, as most has now been shut down).

Many years ago, we sub-contracted the Window Cleaning at Fords of Enfield for them.

Hollywoods Night Club is going to be turned into flats. Epping Forest Country Club is (I think) now a Health Club.

Bet you are glad you started up on your own as CMS , how many years ago was that?

CMS

« Reply #28 on: February 13, 2006, 04:20:37 pm »
4 years ago as 'CMS' and 1 year ago as 'CMS Limited'

D woods

« Reply #29 on: February 13, 2006, 04:31:20 pm »
Did the companies you worked for give you sales training or did you just
teach yourself ?

CMS

« Reply #30 on: February 13, 2006, 04:39:14 pm »
A bit of both in the early years (don't forget, I'd been in the industry 12 years BEFORE I went to Essex) but at that time I was giving the sales training.

keen2clean

« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2006, 05:47:22 pm »
Thanks dave if i get the leaflets printed in time i will be round to give them to you them before the end of the week.

CMS you really are an experienced pro, i used to go to school in hutton lots of my freinds lived there must have been doing very well for yourself living there houses look stunning.

Has anyone noticed any real potential downfalls in this line of work ive spotted some and allowed for them but just want to check im not going to make a sily mistake.
may thanks ray

« Reply #32 on: February 14, 2006, 04:50:10 pm »
..... im not going to make a sily mistake.
may thanks ray

Ray,

The silly mistake would be to do something without a business plan.

Best of luck,
Arthur