Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Pro-Poler

Re: How do you fill a backpack if you haven't got a van mounted system
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2013, 02:21:39 pm »
Or Both ;)
can't too good a worker much better than the cowboys on here ;D

lee_dewing

« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2013, 03:42:48 pm »
Sorry I shouldn't of said that; i know what it's like with the knee's  :(
Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work.     - Aristotle

lee_dewing

« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2013, 03:48:02 pm »
Enrique,

forgot to say Jouk45 posted a youtube vid must be 2yrs ago.

He used the big water containers you see on water machine at say doctors, where you get plastic cups.

He got these water containers from one of the suppliers for free i think.

Basically he would turn water container upside down and put neck of container in backpack took about 15-20 secs to fill.

lee_dewing

robbo333

« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2013, 05:24:28 pm »
Saying that, whats wrong with picking a barrel up and decanting it into the backpack without a submersible pump?
everything if a lady that happens to have arthritis in both knees who works with me wants to refil the barrell. ::)

Surely this lady with bad knees isn't going to be carrying a backpack around!
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2013, 05:29:57 pm »
Maybe its time to go back to your singing career and skip this window cleaning lark.

andyM

« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2013, 05:34:25 pm »
Saying that, whats wrong with picking a barrel up and decanting it into the backpack without a submersible pump?

It's for mongs.............apparently!  ;D
One of the Plebs

Pro-Poler

« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2013, 05:42:31 pm »
everything if a lady that happens to have arthritis in both knees who works with me wants to refil the barrell. ::)

No you are right the back pack is going on a lightweight collapsable trolley

Nick_Thompson

« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2013, 05:50:35 pm »
Lee, how long have you displayed such equanimity? You come over as a damn nice bloke.
Do quantum mechanics fix old transits?

And let us not forget, voyeurism is an occupational hazard that we simply must endure.

robbo333

« Reply #29 on: January 24, 2013, 05:51:03 pm »

Mmmm! Still quite a lot to pull around for a lady with bad knees, especially when going up steps, lifting in and out van etc. That does put some serious strain on back and knees! Why not run 50 metres of 6mm pole hose from your trolley (for the lady) and you can hump the backpack? Just a thought.
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!

Pro-Poler

« Reply #30 on: January 24, 2013, 05:58:40 pm »
Found it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bT1V5pYJam8
thanks lee at last a sensible response instead of just "empty a container into a container" I was looking for efficiency, for a moment I thought I was on the "other side", I work with a trolley and of course I just get another 25l barrell out when needed, I wanted to get the lady a backpack so she could do some "through the house stuff" or jobs where the back of properties are in alley ways while I do the fronts, I would just get 8m of hose attached to the pole so she wouldn't need a reel, if she runs out of water she could just go back to the van and refill, that water container re-filling idea is a good one I'll have a look round in the meantime if you know where I can get some I would be greatfull if you would let me know, thanks ;D      

andyM

« Reply #31 on: January 24, 2013, 05:59:38 pm »

The Tennis Elbow don't make things easy for her either!  ;D
I think Enrique should be her Hero and fill the backpack for her.
One of the Plebs

Pro-Poler

« Reply #32 on: January 24, 2013, 06:09:31 pm »

Mmmm! Still quite a lot to pull around for a lady with bad knees, especially when going up steps, lifting in and out van etc. That does put some serious strain on back and knees! Why not run 50 metres of 6mm pole hose from your trolley (for the lady) and you can hump the backpack? Just a thought.
My trolley is a damn site heavier than a 3.5 kilo ali trolley and a backpack with 15 litres of water in :o 

Pro-Poler

« Reply #33 on: January 24, 2013, 06:13:08 pm »

She's got some arthritis in the knees she's not an invalid, she's fitter than me I might give her the donkey work with the trolley after all

robbo333

« Reply #34 on: January 24, 2013, 06:13:43 pm »

My trolley is a damn site heavier than a 3.5 kilo ali trolley and a backpack with 15 litres of water in :o 

The idea is the trolley STAYS in the van and used as a van mount. You run 50m of 6mm off it (easy to pull around for the lady)...job done!

andyM

« Reply #35 on: January 24, 2013, 06:21:12 pm »

She's got some arthritis in the knees she's not an invalid, she's fitter than me I might give her the donkey work with the trolley after all
I think that one went over your head mate.
Enrique Inglesias/Anna Kournikova (tennis player)............ :D

I'll get me coat.............
One of the Plebs

Pro-Poler

« Reply #36 on: January 24, 2013, 07:18:30 pm »

I think that one went over your head mate.
Enrique Inglesias/Anna Kournikova (tennis player)............ :D

I'll get me coat.............
Sorry it did go over my head, I know naff all about his music his old man was better