This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

wightsurf

Android App
« on: January 21, 2013, 01:34:03 pm »
What it can do ,as the list of what it cant is too long  ;D

Add worksheets > Add Jobs > Mantain Job and payment
basic account > total earned by payment type by selected Dates(option of chosen worksheet or all)
Debts > shows list of Debts in chosen worksheet,and take payments
Backup and restore to SD card or email
Now the App basics are there any update can be made.
I will upload some pics latter if i can make time

wightsurf

Re: Android App
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2013, 06:51:15 pm »
I now have a 24hr version,so anyone who would like to play and give me feed back i would be most greatfull.Its only to give a idea of what should be done next.or ill bin it.

Email wightsurf@hotmail.com heading worksheet app for a copy ill try and get it locked for 4 weeks as i think this would be better.

wightsurf

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2013, 07:52:25 pm »
Just to confirm it will be a 4 week trial to play with.

I will send them out tomorrow.

wightsurf

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2013, 01:31:48 pm »
Anyone know how to print screen on Android keyboard layout?

I have sent Emails with basics info of how it worksto those who asked for it.

paul saunders

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2013, 02:13:03 pm »
Not got my email yet.  :'( :'(
I can remember when waking up stiff in the morning was a good thing.

paul saunders

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2013, 02:23:19 pm »
Can't you email the screenshot to yourself and the view it on a PC and then send it to your printer?

wightsurf

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2013, 02:34:01 pm »
Paul

Whats the beging of your email ?
Its getting the screen shot that im not sure how to do,on the pc keyboard its got (prt Sc) cant find it on the Android ?

Im having to send out 24hr Trail of which people can then update to the 1 month as the developer needs to sort a bug in the 1 month version.It should be done today.

wightsurf

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2013, 02:42:44 pm »
Paul just found you in the Junk  ;D

wazzz

« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2013, 02:44:57 pm »
Screen shot method depends on which android phone you have and which os  version you have and. If its a Samsung then home button and power button at same time , its fiddly ! Its supposed to be built into jelly been but i dont have that so don't know the method.

wightsurf

« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2013, 03:01:38 pm »
The app works from OS  2.3

Just tried it on my ice cream phone and it looks just the same as on my Tablet also running ice cream.

The home/back tab is the WSM in a circle in the Top left corner.

Thanks for the feedback,and can anyone trailing it let me know what you used and OS version please.

paul saunders

« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2013, 03:53:33 pm »
In jellybean you have to tick the screen shot box in settings, it then puts an icon in the menu bar.

Wightsurf, I'm having problems downloading the apk file. In the email you sent there is no option to save the attachment.  :'(

wightsurf

« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2013, 06:32:00 pm »
I will send it again ,this is the 1 month version of which i have only just got back.
Hada quick look and looks bug free,so here goes.

A & J Owen Window Cleaning

« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2013, 07:30:55 pm »
invoice2go is a good app from playstore free for a bit then £7 full app.

wightsurf

« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2013, 07:38:29 pm »
invoice2go is a good app from playstore free for a bit then £7 full app.

Its another Cloud based program.This is what i was trying to get away from.
The App i have started is all on the Device you own ,not on someone elses server.

paul saunders

« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2013, 08:27:43 pm »
I've had a little play. I love the scrolling calendar, I think that some of the text needs to be larger and bolder so that us with with ageing eye syndrome will be able to see it clearer. Also with the scrolling calendar is there really any need for the calendar on the right.

I don't think that when you finalize a job the payment box should be ticked as standard, if there is no one in to pay or payment left if you forget to un tick the box the job won't get added to the debts list.

The due date and last visit date aren't right for me either, I would prefer D/M/Y as opposed to M/D/Y.

Perhaps a tools menu so that users can modify things to suit themselves.

In worksheet , under customer details, what does H- M- mean?

Please don't view this as criticism, just honest feed back.

wightsurf

« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2013, 08:56:28 pm »
H >  home phone number
M > Mobile phone number
you can tap a date on the calender also ,its quicker.
The clalender on the right gives you a better idea  of the month (you can see what days and dates or) this is needed when adding new jobs or changing a customer due dates.

A tools menu i will note , thanks.
Text size is all to do with small screen mobiles.On this version it is set to GO Large for Tablets but set up the same for mobiles.This can be change if i go furtherwith the app.

As i said at the start ,this is to give a back bone to what it could be.Theres alot that could come of this if the Market is there.

Thanks for the FeedBack

wazzz

« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2013, 09:08:54 pm »
Hi wightsurf

Thank you for the trial . Please note my comments are not ment to be negative but constructive .

Paul has said most of what I was going to say  . Just to agree with him on date format
Uk formate Would be preferred .

I also wondered about h m ?

Under DEBTS ,  no option to select all worksheets as there is in ACCOUNTS . I think that option should be included.

When entering customer details I don't like be forced to enter city and county if I don't want to ........ But saying that you only do it once , so may be just my laziness , but choice would be good . And less screen space take up in worksheet view when on phone screen

The biggest draw back for me ...... And this is just how I work , I have to enter each customers record in order to do anything . Currently I use  numbers on the ipad , so I can do block changes , or get to any field in any record right away . BUT THAT'S ME .... not a criticism of your way . I like a spread sheet view option , where all data is at hand .

This is just first impressions after a quick try . I am realy glad you have got this app and will try it more , I am sure the method will grow on me .

Things I liked ....... If due date has pasted .... And you have not finalised ... It shows up red ..... Very easy to see and knw that you have to update it .

The use of customer ID .... Like that ...

Being able to set frequency of job ... And allowing the app to set the next due date .

Great work and thanks agin for the effort you put in

Ps .. Samsung galaxy s2 running ics. Version 4.0.3  . Very stable , look clean and clear .

paul saunders

« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2013, 09:12:31 pm »
Phone numbers doh why didn't I think of that.  ;D

I've installed it on a 10" tablet and some of the text seems small so I thought that it would be even smaller on a phone screen.

I think it's a good start and would like to see it go further, but as you said, if there isn't enough demand it won't be viable.

wightsurf

« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2013, 09:18:54 pm »
Thanks Wazzz

Quote > Under DEBTS ,  no option to select all worksheets as there is in ACCOUNTS . I think that option should be included.

This was my first idea,but the Developer pointed out that on mobiles if there is too
much Debts (all Debts) this will make the mobile phone Hang.This would be a big draw back so we went with keeping data pera screen to a min to keep the speed up.

Thanks Again let me know of any other issues.

Paul

I have tried it on a phone and it reads ok, i wear glasses for reading so know what you mean.

paul saunders

« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2013, 09:36:48 pm »
What phone have you tried it on, the reason I ask is because I don't have an android phone and I wouldn't want to be carrying a tablet around with me. If this did go further I would consider buying a cheap phone.