Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Joe Martin

Not a chance.
« on: January 21, 2013, 09:55:26 am »
Space heater working very well in the lock up,no frozen issues till we went out, freezing on the glass and did a 360 in the van narrowly missing a car. Back in the shed try tomorrow.

dazmond

Re: Not a chance.
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2013, 10:17:20 am »
full marks for trying joe! ;D ;D

sometimes its just not worth trying to work in weather like this esp with the water we carry in our vans!

i remember the deep snow we had a few years ago in jan and i didnt work hardly for 3 weeks although i did go out with a trad pole(left wfp at home!)and did a few monthly estate cleans 11am-3am some days.

luckily i always have an emergency fund to dip into during extreme weather but i try my best not to spend it if possible!!

frustrating at times but we just have to accept we cant work and enjoy the time off.

regards

dazmond
price higher/work harder!

Klean07

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2013, 10:29:25 am »

sometimes its just not worth trying to work in weather like this esp with the water we carry in our vans!

i remember the deep snow we had a few years ago in jan and i didnt work hardly for 3 weeks although i did go out with a trad pole(left wfp at home!)and did a few monthly estate cleans 11am-3am some days.

luckily i always have an emergency fund to dip into during extreme weather but i try my best not to spend it if possible!!

frustrating at times but we just have to accept we cant work and enjoy the time off.

regards

dazmond
Looks like beans on toast every day for you then Daz!!
kkleanwindowcleaning.co.uk

SB Cleaning

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2013, 10:41:52 am »

regards

dazmond
Are you working today klean ? As I know your west mids too!

Halfadaylee

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2013, 10:51:36 am »

regards

dazmond
Are you working today klean ? As I know your west mids too!

I'm in Sutton, not a chance

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2013, 05:23:55 pm »
Space heater working very well in the lock up,no frozen issues till we went out, freezing on the glass and did a 360 in the van narrowly missing a car. Back in the shed try tomorrow.

Hot system and driving slower should sort you out.  :D 360 in a van, really? How fast were you going mate, I've driven on pure ice today without any problems.   :o

Alex Wingrove

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2013, 09:26:52 am »

I always go out in my van and car a lose control. I like to know what I feels like, so that when it happens for real, I dont panic.

It has saved me three times now

tompoole

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2013, 09:43:17 am »
Sat waiting for coffee shop that I'm cleaning to open.
Front done and staff not showed up yet!

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2013, 10:46:57 am »

I always go out in my van and car a lose control. I like to know what I feels like, so that when it happens for real, I dont panic.

Same, but a 360 on the public road?! I think I'll pass.  :o  ;D

Has your transit got rear wheel drive? If so that must be a lot of fun.

Mike #1

« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2013, 11:31:06 am »
Having a great day 2 degrees trudging through 1ft of snow in gardens at times but making money oh I love it. Mike

Jackal

« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2013, 12:09:25 pm »
iv done 8 days work since the 21st of december  :o had xmas off started back on the 2nd of jan and had all last week and this week off up 2 now im trad so not risking it with needing to climb on roofs was going try today until i woke up 2 another covering of snow! not having a driving  licence doesnt help either  but it will get better soon hopefully and il start earning some pennies agen!

Alex Wingrove

« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2013, 01:06:17 pm »

Same, but a 360 on the public road?! I think I'll pass.  :o  ;D

Has your transit got rear wheel drive? If so that must be a lot of fun.

No unfortunately not. That would be fun, however the rear is tail happy in this weather