This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Ian101

Feel guilty not working
« on: January 21, 2013, 09:19:56 am »
Send the missus out to her office job at 8am this morning but did clear her car of snow and make her lunch for her  ;D

Now looks like no work again today ... apart from cracking on with making website but not really working is it.

Sure I will make up for it during the year though.

Tom White

Re: Feel guilty not working
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2013, 09:22:35 am »
If I can't work, I enjoy the time off.  I think it's okay to work today; we're off out now, so I'll see how it goes.

Mike #1

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2013, 09:36:32 am »
Sat at home wife went to work at 6:45 am roads were not that great , I could possibly work today but she has our only vehicle .

Been out for 1 hour walk with dog in snow even main roads aint that great it is coming down that much probs had over 1" in an hour .

Might build a snow animal thinking Polar bear wife has already made a rabbit and an Owl only 2ft high might go for 4 ft high  ;D ;D ;D. Mike

richywilts

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2013, 09:52:56 am »
get out there were out cleaning
Richard Wiltshire
Window Clean Direct

richardwiltshire36@yahoo.co.uk
www.windowcleandirect.co.uk

jonboywalton75

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2013, 09:54:52 am »
hi Ian
i was planning on coming out your way maybe weds.
how deep is the snow out there?

Gav Camm lammy 283

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2013, 10:45:39 am »
hi Ian

still snowing in wrexham john
main rds ok its just the side streets which are bad
the ones we need to be in lol ;)
LET YOUR PANES BE MY PLEASURE

"If CALSBERG did WINDOW CLEANING
 it would be C.C.C  Probably the best WINDOW CLEANERS IN THE WORLD ..........."

bobplum

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2013, 10:52:02 am »
its the side roads/footpaths/gardens i feel are the problems not the snow on the windows,one slip and if your a sole trader you could loose more than you gain

Steve H

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2013, 11:10:57 am »
Im in Norfolk area fellas and its covered in snow and still -2 ish during the day. Im trad and so dont have problems with the water freezing in the system like the wfp guys. However, water is literally freezing in my bucket and not great on the windows (need to use warm water in bucket). Im also mindful of the fact that its proper slippery around peoples houses, ive put it off over the last week or so, is anyone giving it a go or would you leave it for another week or so.
I know its my choice (i can make it up over the next few weeks) but just wondering what some of you other guys are doing...
Cheers
Steve
If you reach for the stars and only reach the moon, you will have acheived more than you thought you could.

Steve Sed

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2013, 11:12:16 am »
its the side roads/footpaths/gardens i feel are the problems not the snow on the windows,one slip and if your a sole trader you could loose more than you gain

Hmmm. That was my thinking. But I worry that it is just me making excuses tbh. Catholic guilt is troublesome.

bobplum

« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2013, 11:16:03 am »

Hmmm. That was my thinking. But I worry that it is just me making excuses tbh. Catholic guilt is troublesome.

not as troubling as a sprained ankle,bruised backbone,elbow,shoulder etc

gary999

« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2013, 12:43:03 pm »
Sat at home wife went to work at 6:45 am roads were not that great , I could possibly work today but she has our only vehicle .

Been out for 1 hour walk with dog in snow even main roads aint that great it is coming down that much probs had over 1" in an hour .

Might build a snow animal thinking Polar bear wife has already made a rabbit and an Owl only 2ft high might go for 4 ft high  ;D ;D ;D. Mike

all i can say is....buy another 4x4 ;D

Ian101

« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2013, 12:47:42 pm »
get out there were out cleaning

still ok at moment as got "spare" week at end of month when in December we didnt work from 22nd to 31st as was Christmas so rekon by Wed this week will be good to go.

Ive worked in snow before but hoses freeze so waste of diesel ... yup prob making excuses but estates near me very tricky to get onto.

Ian101

« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2013, 12:48:42 pm »
hi Ian

Hi John ... think u be ok for Wednesday but dont blame me if im wrong  ;D ;D ;D

jonboywalton75

« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2013, 04:20:14 pm »
cheers Ian
ur dead if i get stuck in the snow ;D

jonboywalton75

« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2013, 04:30:11 pm »
cheers Gav as well
i would never threaten u though ::)

Dave Mills

« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2013, 04:40:20 pm »
Now looks like no work again today ... apart from cracking on with making website but not really working is it.

Itll get you customer just as much as delivering leaflets all day would (probably more) so it IS work.

Mo

« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2013, 04:41:26 pm »
NO ;D

Ian101

« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2013, 05:00:28 pm »
cheers Ian
ur dead if i get stuck in the snow ;D

giving minus 4 for tomorrow .... you have Gav's number dont you ??  ;D

wolfee101

« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2013, 05:08:53 pm »
i cleaned a bus drivers house last friday, he slipped off his ladder last year and ended up having 15 weeks off sick, with a broken leg, makes you think :-X

Ian101

« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2013, 05:13:02 pm »

Itll get you customer just as much as delivering leaflets all day would (probably more) so it IS work.

hopefully yup ... been going 3 years without anything on web so it can only help ... just takes ages to get everything right  :(