This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

brianbarber

Snow......a working title...
« on: January 20, 2013, 09:40:03 am »
I've a busy week scheduled for next week....and it's started heavily snowing in Kent.

If like me you work in rain etc, and keep customers up to date, would you rather just miss out a clean and re schedule rather than getting behind with the work?
Although re scheduling will hit you in the pocket!

I'm up for working, I think sometimes it's the perception of angry custys that can hold you back, but for me it's the necessity of paying a big mortgage that drives me forward...

Your thoughts

Mr B
If in doubt.....Leave it out !!

dazmond

Re: Snow......a working title...
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2013, 09:54:52 am »
hi brian i never "miss out" a clean due to weather,sickness,holidays etc.

i simply start where i left off.i work my round roughly from A-Z in the same order all year round.

im a few weeks behind due to xmas,flu and bad weather.

ill be preparing for a 10am start tomorrow and will crack on and get a reasonably good weeks work cleaned as long as we get no more snow or blizzards.

if its impossible to work then i enjoy my time off and dip into my emergency fund that ive build up throughout the year if i need to.

this is all you can do really.

its very rare when you cant do any work for weeks at a time.although it has happened on occasions.

best wishes

dazmond
price higher/work harder!

dazmond

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2013, 10:05:50 am »
also i never "second guess" what customers think of me working in all weathers.

i just turn up and start cleaning.if they come out and say they dont want them cleaning(which is very rare!)then i just skip them until next clean and move on to my next job.

most customers just come out and pay me regardless of the weather if their in when im cleaning.

its as simple as that for me.

i very rarely have any problems!! ;D ;D ;D

regards

dazmond

dazmond

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2013, 08:38:45 pm »
so who "misses out a clean" until next month/time so you dont get behind on other work? ??? ???

ive never done that in 18 years of window cleaning!! ??? ???

CLEANCARE WC

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2013, 09:34:49 pm »
so who "misses out a clean" until next month/time so you dont get behind on other work? ??? ???

ive never done that in 18 years of window cleaning!! ??? ???

iI must admit I used to do that if there was only a little bit of work left from the previous week, but now do it your way A-Z
WE CLEAN BY FAITH, NOT BY SIGHT WITH WATER FED POLE WHEN WORKING AT HEIGHT.

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2013, 09:39:20 pm »
Pick up where you left off, always. That said, the snow is about 3-4 inches here now so will be fine for wfp tomorrow. No chance of ice forming.  If anyone questions me, which I doubt they will cos they will be at work, I will tell them that I am there because I didn't want to let them down, plus I have a wife and two kids under 5 to feed!  ;D Never had any issues...

brianbarber

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2013, 09:50:30 pm »
As an example, the cleans that were due on dec 25,26.27 etc, I leave a letter and explain next clean due end jan, which is exactly 4 weeks from the date that the xmas clean was due.

It works for me because I have other commitments so like to keep work shedules very tight.
This method is not for everyone because ultimately you will be out of pocket.

Mr B

CLEANCARE WC

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2013, 09:55:02 pm »
Pick up where you left off, always. That said, the snow is about 3-4 inches here now so will be fine for wfp tomorrow. No chance of ice forming.  If anyone questions me, which I doubt they will cos they will be at work, I will tell them that I am there because I didn't want to let them down, plus I have a wife and two kids under 5 to feed!  ;D Never had any issues...

Yeh.."I hope you dont mind me calling today,my children like to eat in winter too!"  ;D
WE CLEAN BY FAITH, NOT BY SIGHT WITH WATER FED POLE WHEN WORKING AT HEIGHT.

brianbarber

« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2013, 10:08:37 pm »

Yeh.."I hope you dont mind me calling today,my children like to eat in winter too!"  ;D

It never ceases to amaze me how custies think they can cancel at a moments notice when raining etc,they must think we all have some kind of other employment that we can just do on a rainy day....jeez

James archell

« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2013, 10:14:17 pm »
I've a busy week scheduled for next week....and it's started heavily snowing in Kent.

If like me you work in rain etc, and keep customers up to date, would you rather just miss out a clean and re schedule rather than getting behind with the work?
Although re scheduling will hit you in the pocket!

I'm up for working, I think sometimes it's the perception of angry custys that can hold you back, but for me it's the necessity of paying a big mortgage that drives me forward...

Your thoughts

Mr B

I never can get my head round that thinking. You dont want to be behind so you re-schedule. Well, those that are re-scheduled, I assume for a months time or so, well arent they behind then?

Am I missing something with these guys and the way they work their round?

lee_dewing

« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2013, 11:11:51 pm »
pick up where i left off.

I do jigg my work about a bit sometimes as when i pick up new jobs try them with different parts of my round til i find which fits best.

Cutting texts down to min.
The less you involve the custie the better.

Dazmond how many times do you let a custie give you a not today (do you sack em if they say leave more than twice in a year say?)

Daz thanks for ski pants tip, Sports direct have some good deals on em if you've not looked £20 ive seen.
also didn't realise you had issues waiting for cleaning spot to deliver pumpbox last  year.

I got a pumpbox from daqua, £232 all in, has pump strainer too, that inc delivery.(next  day)
http://www.daqua.co.uk/pumps_controllers.htm
Incase you need spare.

I was gonna build spare from odd bits (nows a good time ;D)
Lee
Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work.     - Aristotle

dazmond

« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2013, 09:58:58 am »
cheers lee i might just buy a spare pumpbox as back up! ;) :) :)

as for dumping customers if they are a 2 monthly job and give me a not today for no reason i dump them first time.if its because of building work etc i keep them on.

on monthly estate work thats very compact i will offer them 2 monthly at a higher price if they give me a not today say twice in a year.

best wishes

dazmond

Klean07

« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2013, 10:22:02 am »
also i never "second guess" what customers think of me working in all weathers.

i just turn up and start cleaning.if they come out and say they dont want them cleaning(which is very rare!)then i just skip them until next clean and move on to my next job.

most customers just come out and pay me regardless of the weather if their in when im cleaning.

its as simple as that for me.

i very rarely have any problems!! ;D ;D ;D

regards

dazmond

I'm presuming because your showing as online that the weather has stopped you working today Daz?
kkleanwindowcleaning.co.uk

dazmond

« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2013, 10:45:53 am »
yep no work for me today klean07!

i do work in most weather but im not stupid!!its simply too bad to venture out in a van full of water on compacted ice and snow!! ;D ;D ;D

I will try tomorrow though if we get no more snow! ;) :) :)

lee_dewing

« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2013, 11:10:08 am »
Thanks for that Daz.

I'm looking to go out weds as long as we don't get loads more snow, let everyone else beat a good path through it ;)

Lee.
Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work.     - Aristotle

wfp master

« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2013, 12:18:07 pm »
Custies wont expect you to be out cleaning in the snow up here anyway.
Side roads dont get cleared right away main roads are priority.
So no chance getting in plus iam not standing in a foot of snow cleaning windows when its snowing the custie would chase me.