Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Geoff Jewkes

HOLIDAYS!!!
« on: February 09, 2006, 09:17:15 pm »
CALLING ALL SOLE TRADERS!!!
Just some advise please!!!!! What do you guys do about phones when on holiday??? Do you divert your calls to your mobile abroad?? Leave a nice message on you answering machine and check messages hourly or divert your number to a family member to book quotes / jobs. Whats best???? Thanks in advance for any suggestions / experience, Geoff

Steve Chapman

Re: HOLIDAYS!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2006, 09:52:08 pm »
I always leave my phone with a family member and just get them to book in the jobs for me, people like someone to talk to, so much better than an answering machine, and you don't really want to be having calls while on holiday, believe me I've tried it and it's a nightmare
regards
steve 8)

homenclean

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2006, 09:59:14 pm »
I always take my phone on hols with number diverted it gives me great satisfaction to be earning while the wife is spending, mind you we do go away at least 4 times a year! i hate to think that some one else is cashing in while im away. This also keeps the lads that work for us busy and means your commercial customers can always contact you. if you are a sole trader get a mate who is in the business to cover you and you do likewise while he is away then you dont let your customers who need work doing in a rush down. at the end of the day it all makes you look good and gives customer confidence.

John

therapist

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2006, 10:43:36 pm »
Hate to admit it, but I've been taking my phone to Spain for about 5 years.

r m

gort

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2006, 11:17:54 pm »
I divert to my mobile and leave it with my sister she answers the phone and if she has to explains that I am on holiday after all we all need a holiday. But it gives her the opportunity to get e them to waite until I get home. I found diverting to my mobile abroad is seriously expensive and you may get cold callers which cost you. Plus do you really want to be bothered by people on holiday that the whole reason you go for a break. Its nice to return home to lots of enquiries.  8)

Len Gribble

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2006, 02:30:47 am »
Always on call anywhere in the world last time Tennessee 4 in the morning wife thought I was getting randy, silly old bat was trying to get to the phone.

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2006, 09:25:56 pm »
I used to put message on answering machine saying when I was away till.....

Most customers didn't listen to the message, and I would find on occasion a dozen, increasingly annoyed, messages from the same customer!

Leave mobile with a relative,  yes, much better, but what about your home phone?

Answer is BT call divert; so you can send those calls to your relative too!

Dont forget, when you get back from holiday, clean their sofa and carpets f.o.c.

Most importantly, you have worked for your holiday, now ENJOY IT  8) 8) 8)

(by the way, don't ring me after thursday for 10 days, I am off to the Caribbean!)

Liahona

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2006, 09:32:10 pm »
I get in touch with my customers and tell them when I will be back. That way its busy before I leave and when I come back. Other than that I have nothing to do with anyone to do wth cleaning when I am away. But I only work a couple of days a week so I am always away, best, Dave.

Phil Marlor

« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2006, 09:43:47 pm »

Not a good idea to leave a message on your answering machine saying you are on Holiday.

I know one bloke who came home to an empty house when he did this! >:(

Rgds
Phil
Stevenage, Herts

LUTON TOWN 3-0 SUNDERLAND

HQCS (John Kastrian)

« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2006, 10:07:10 pm »
What's a holiday  :)

« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2006, 03:26:57 am »
Not a good idea to leave a message on your answering machine saying you are on Holiday. I know one bloke who came home to an empty house when he did this! >:(

A friend of mine leaves this message....

"Sorry I am out, please leave a message. If you like to call round, the Rottweiler is in, but he can't take messages"

*Chris Browne

« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2006, 04:47:26 pm »
I make sure all our customers no that i'm going off on a well deserved break(that makes em laugh) then i get me mom to take the messges while im away cause she got a posh telephone vioce, gor bless er guvnor. ;D

chris

gwrightson

« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2006, 09:23:51 pm »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So you want a day off. Let's take a look at what you are asking for. There are 365 days per year available for work. There are 52 weeks per year in which you already have 2 days off per week, leaving 261 days available for work. Since you spend 16 hours each day away fron work, you have used up 170 days, leaving only 91 days available. You spend 30 minutes each day on coffee break which counts for 23 days each year, leaving only 68 days available. With a 1 hour lunch each day, you used up another 46 days, leaving only 22 days available for work. You normally spend 2 days per year on sick leave. This leaves you only 20 days per year available for work. We are off 5 holidays per year, so your available working time is down to 15 days. We generously give 14 days vacation per year which leaves only 1 day available for work and I'll be darned if you are going to take that day off!

Who want a holiday?
 Geoff

who ever said dont knock before u try ,i never tried dog crap but i know i wouldnt like  haha

« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2006, 05:06:35 pm »
Just going to pack. Byeeeeeeeeeee!   8)

Rousey

« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2006, 02:40:42 pm »
Just got back from the Maldives. PHONE turned OFF. Left answer phone, very nice one, had 3 jobs waiting for me when I got back! Stopped leafletting 2 weeks before I went and will start again this Tuesday.

A Holiday is a time to spend with the family, talk and laugh, but not about work!

If you have a solid business and good business acumen, then having 1/2 weeks off should not be a problem.

Next we will be phoning our clients when they are on there holiday!!!

Dennis

« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2006, 03:24:16 pm »
You might laugh, I was once recommended by one customer to another when they met on holiday in the Caribbean and realised they lived 20 miles from each other. I can't remember why or how they got talking about carpet cleaning though!  ;D

« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2006, 10:19:50 pm »
Just back from Caribbean Cruise........ I am so relaxed I don't care about work yet, must be all the "Red Stripe" Jamaican beer!

"Don't worry, be Happy" I will be happy when the ground stops moving like a ship!

Whoops.... just seen that the answering machine light is flashing away......