This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Fin Clearview

How often to change ro filters?
« on: December 19, 2012, 11:03:34 pm »
As my 300 ro is almost 5 months old and I probably produce 2000 litres per week I was wondering when I need to change the pre filters/membranes? Water is still coming out at the normal level 0.7 and hasn't changed yet. Cheers

mark turton

Re: How often to change ro filters?
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2012, 11:36:56 pm »
hey mate

i tend to check my tds reading and when it goes up from zero to 3 i change it, if not before. usually as rule of thumb i change the pre-filters every 3 months. (carbon and sediment)
the ro im told is good for 3 years plus depending on usage. mine is around 200quid to replace so im glad its 3 years and not 3months.

i have water softener, resin, pre-filter, ro unit.
i use probably around the same 2000 litres a week

Fin Clearview

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2012, 08:58:19 am »
Cheers Mark ill get an order for the pre filters then! It sounds like my Tds should be creeping up by now though, oh well 5 months so maybe a bonus.

Nick_Thompson

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2012, 09:18:51 am »
Hi Mark!

When you say that you have, "water softener, resin, pre-filter, ro unit," I take it you don't mean in that order, do you?
Do quantum mechanics fix old transits?

And let us not forget, voyeurism is an occupational hazard that we simply must endure.

mark turton

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2012, 11:15:54 pm »
Hi Mark!

When you say that you have, "water softener, resin, pre-filter, ro unit," I take it you don't mean in that order, do you?

lol no - i forget the order as it was fitted vmount system by pure freedom. but 2 pre-filters, resin, water softner, ro unit - but on the subject of filters i am actually thinking that my waste water is higher lately compared to actual produced water - it takes longer to fill 450ltr baffled tank.