This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Dean Taberner

School's career's teacher
« on: December 19, 2012, 06:52:02 pm »
Hi Guys,

I do know my high school careers teacher pretty well so I'm maybe exempt from this.

I spoke to him earlier this week and he said that he always got the impression that I wasnt a normal person and that I would eventually find my own path in life, which he was right. He also said that as a whole I'm probably one of his most successful students and he isn't ashamed to admit it. Which was nice.

Can any of you guys remember your teachers thoughts on yourselves and have you caught up with them since?

If not, what would they say if you told them that you were a window cleaner? And what would you answer in their response?

Dean.
Operations manager at J.V Price Ltd

http://www.thepricegroup.co.uk

james peters

Re: School's career's teacher
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2012, 07:01:33 pm »
I told my careers  teacher that I was going to clean windows  to support myself and be a full time evanguliser :o

he thought I was nuts....and he was right....

although, I do enjoy my job ...its the other part that made me nuts ;D

Gav Camm lammy 283

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2012, 07:02:39 pm »
most on ere would say
i earn 50 quid an hour !!!
LET YOUR PANES BE MY PLEASURE

"If CALSBERG did WINDOW CLEANING
 it would be C.C.C  Probably the best WINDOW CLEANERS IN THE WORLD ..........."

Halfadaylee

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2012, 07:05:15 pm »
most on ere would say

Let it go Gavlar, let it go

james peters

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2012, 07:09:22 pm »
most on ere would say

Let it go Gavlar, let it go

as smithy once said....gavalaaaaar ;D

roundbuilder

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2012, 07:46:13 pm »
I clean my old english teachers windows and he respects me for having my own business even though it is just window cleaning.

brynley

« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2012, 08:48:00 pm »
i clean the windows of my old religeous education teacher, he's just happy i do a good job.

my son is a teacher, don't like to tell him i earn more than he does, took him 11 years to get his degree (long story) 

Frankybadboy

« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2012, 09:23:23 pm »
i didnt goto school,i bullied a fat kid to do all my school work,

;D ;D ;D

AuRavelling79

« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2012, 09:41:17 pm »
I told my careers  teacher that I was going to clean windows  to support myself and be a full time evanguliser :o

90 hrs a month back then eh Pete? Not like the namby-pamby 70 hour merchants of today!  ;D
It's a game of three halves!

« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2012, 09:51:01 pm »
Until I left secondary school, I thought my name was Shutup.

stuart mc

« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2012, 09:53:12 pm »
I clean my old rectors house, he was a mean sod at school and suspended me ;D we had to call him sir, he now calls me sir and is the nicest customer you could have, funny old world

Carl@Cwc

« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2012, 09:54:07 pm »
Told me I would amount to nothing!!
They were bang on the money though ;D

gavinb

« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2012, 10:04:24 pm »
I used to clean the late sir jimmy savilles house he was a right dirty bugger.

G Griffin

« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2012, 10:18:02 pm »
Hi Guys,

I do know my high school careers teacher pretty well so I'm maybe exempt from this.

I spoke to him earlier this week and he said that he always got the impression that I wasnt a normal person and that I would eventually find my own path in life, which he was right. He also said that as a whole I'm probably one of his most successful students and he isn't ashamed to admit it. Which was nice.

Can any of you guys remember your teachers thoughts on yourselves and have you caught up with them since?

If not, what would they say if you told them that you were a window cleaner? And what would you answer in their response?

Dean.

So you didn't nick him, then?  :D
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2012, 10:20:24 pm »
Frank

was it Hydro ?

Frankybadboy

« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2012, 10:22:00 pm »
Frank

was it Hydro ?
:P :P :P :P what fat and ginger ;D ;D ;D

« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2012, 11:04:01 pm »
My teachers were going berserk when I said I was going to do window cleaning. They pushed me hard for college and uni, but I resisted, much to their annoyance!

I went back a few years later. My old tutor of five years and some other teachers let me in the staff room during a break time and asked how I had got on.  I got great joy telling them about skills I had learned. I told the I was Head of accounts, purchasing, sales, marketing, PR and HR, all at the same firm.  When they asked which firm, I said "Mine!"  I have been going for 16 years since school and my profit has increased every single year.

I now earn more than many of those teachers who were telling me to get a 'proper job', and I am proud of it. 

Jack Harris

« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2012, 12:52:56 am »
I finished school a year early without and quals, and clean at least 5 of my old teachers windows now and they cant believe i have my own business lol

ascjim

« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2012, 10:01:27 am »
urm..... Teachers used to say to my younger brother that "You don't want to end up like your brother" I did smoke alot of rastafari old holborn back then and was a metal freak, so I had the long dirty hair and the Metallica hoddie :) Despite all this I passed all 11 of my GCSE's and got two A's. For a couple years after school I did mess around with all sorts but I did keep down a job and paid the bills.

Anyway I got a job at for TC cleaning Contractors cleaning for Tescos as a GA. I ended up having 30 staff working under me, constantly breaking targets and looking after multiple stores. I was only 20 when all this happened and left after a few years as I wanted more of a life then to constantly be working. So I joined a big window cleaning firm in Devon as a "Stop gap" job. Ended up going on my own and earning more then my old teachers did / do ;)

I'm now 26 and have my own business, new van, 2 part-timers and many people from the old firm that are always willing to help me with work on the weekends if I need them. I don't smoke, don't drink and I also do some charity work and i'm running half marathon next year to rise as much as I can. I believe in giving without the exception of receiving anything in return. This is a result of studying Buddhism and the dharma (not everyone's cup of tea)

Shows what teachers know.

EandM

« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2012, 10:04:14 am »

90 hrs a month back then eh Pete? Not like the namby-pamby 70 hour merchants of today!  ;D

You mean it's not 100 any more?  My, how times have changed.  :)

100 hours really is going back a bit !