This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

edd

BATTERY??
« on: December 17, 2012, 10:19:39 pm »
hi all whats the best battery that you have used for the pumps and a heater ???mine seem to just die after 20 mins and its ,,,,,me off big time  ,ive got a split charge too which charges up as me move about but its 2 years old now and time for a new bsttery im thinking

Mr.G

Re: BATTERY??
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2012, 10:57:54 pm »
Hi, i have to replace my battery once a year, as they're worn out by then, hope that helps.

edd

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2012, 11:00:51 pm »
not really fella i just need a name of a good batt im using an american deep cycle cherry picker batt at the mo which is 2 years old  just wonderd if anyone has used the odassey batts ??or  optima

edd

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2012, 11:04:09 pm »
forgot to mention any thats got a heater will know they kill the battery really fast you know 2 pumps and heater = flat batt really fast .all i want is the name of a tried a tested good batt cheers guys

bobplum

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2012, 11:06:50 pm »
any will do
some go for leisure battery some like me get a car battery,£30.00 ish

R.C Property

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2012, 11:18:23 pm »
i can reccomend this battery for running 2 pumps off, i have had it in my van for a year now, never had to charge it up. but cant say about what it would be like with heater on it tho.

http://www.batteries4leisure.co.uk/battery/Lucas-Dual-Purpose-Leisure-Battery-110Ah-LX31MF/51/

Mr.G

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2012, 11:55:04 pm »
Lucas and Yuasa are good batteries.
I had a Ritar brand one recently, it was knackered in 6 months

Roy Harding

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2012, 03:47:35 pm »

ascjim

« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2012, 04:47:10 pm »
Im using an AVON leisure battery. Had it for a couple of years now.

thermoclean

« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2012, 09:55:21 pm »
Try using seperate battery's for pumps and heater. Small 22ah battery's on eBay for £27 charge them daily this puts less strain on the big battery that fires you heater.

glen parva

« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2012, 10:02:57 pm »
we use these batteries never had a problem
http://www.multicell.co.uk/sfl-batteries.html

Spruce

« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2012, 10:19:39 pm »
Try using seperate battery's for pumps and heater. Small 22ah battery's on eBay for £27 charge them daily this puts less strain on the big battery that fires you heater.

You are on the right track but a 22 amp battery wouldn't be big enough to drive 2 Shurflo pumps pulling 4 amps an hour each for a full days work.

If my memory serves me V8edd has a diesel heater. If he does then that draws 'mega' current when starting (up to 12 amps) which is getting out of the Leisure battery league and into the starter battery league. However, the heater draws about 2.5 amps under full heat and around 2 amps on half burn which a leisure battery would be happy with. However running 2 pumps and a diesel heater off the same battery is pushing the leisure battery too far, and would be the reason why it isn't lasting.

I don't know how many times the heater cycles on and off a day, but if it was me and my round, I would be tempted to try the diesel heater off the van battery and the pumps off the leisure battery.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

R.C Property

« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2012, 10:22:54 pm »

You are on the right track but a 22 amp battery wouldn't be big enough to drive 2 Shurflo pumps pulling 4 amps an hour each for a full days work.

If my memory serves me V8edd has a diesel heater. If he does then that draws 'mega' current when starting (up to 12 amps) which is getting out of the Leisure battery league and into the starter battery league. However, the heater draws about 2.5 amps under full heat and around 2 amps on half burn which a leisure battery would be happy with. However running 2 pumps and a diesel heater off the same battery is pushing the leisure battery too far, and would be the reason why it isn't lasting.

I don't know how many times the heater cycles on and off a day, but if it was me and my round, I would be tempted to try the diesel heater off the van battery and the pumps off the leisure battery.

We had a 17ah battery powering one shurflo 100psi pumps and that lasted a couple of days.

Spruce

« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2012, 08:50:53 am »

We had a 17ah battery powering one shurflo 100psi pumps and that lasted a couple of days.

Its all down to pump running time in the end and how much current the pump is drawing. During an 8 hour day my pump may actually only pump water for 3 hours at a guess although I have always tried to play safe with 5 hours in any calculations. If that is so then a 22 amp battery should just make it for 2 days.

I've always had a big battery (110 amp) so your experience has got me thinking. How much time do we actually spend cleaning and rinsing and how much time do we spend doing other things?

Two of us used to do a couple of blocks of flats (27 flats) together off my van. Incorporated into this day were other big residential jobs including a couple of large conservatories. Full day from 8.30 to 5, just one stop for a coffee/milk shake at McDonalds. During that day we used around 550 litres of water on a reduced flow rate of about 1.5 lpm. I had all the juliet balconies to do (18 in all) and I did waste water while feeding the brush inbetween the bars. During the course of the day the 2 of us only spent 6 hours at most actually pumping water as we came home with about 100 litres still in the tank. To me this is quite an eye opener as my gut feel was that we spent a lot longer than this actually 'on the glass'.

If our pumps were drawing 3.5 amps at that slightly reduced flow rate, then we would have used 21 amps. A bit close for comfort to be honest for me, although the split charge relay would have put a little back into the battery during that day that may have covered the use of the remaining 100 litres had we needed to use it.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

R.C Property

« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2012, 08:57:16 am »
Yer I have a 110ah battery fitted in my van, got split charger and a solar panel fitted so there is always a little charge goin in to the battery.