This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

bobplum

fao lee gls
« on: December 16, 2012, 10:34:03 am »
how is you marey water  heater doing?
when it arrived was there additional charges to pay,taxes etc
cheers bob

Lee GLS

Re: fao lee gls
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2012, 11:15:08 am »
Hi bob. The heater works perfectly. I've been using it to heat to reels, it's got plenty of power, i have the heat setting just under half way and it will heat both reels to 40deg, so in the summer it will be able to got a lot hotter if I want it to. It's been perfectly reliable, hasn't played up 10 out of 10. Plus it has no 20 min timer. Happy days  ;D

I've got a larger refillable lpg bottle now and an external filling port on the van, so there is no messing about with swapping and replacing bottles either.

Lee GLS

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2012, 12:44:53 pm »
Oh and yes, there was VAT to pay And a royal mail handling fee, I think it was about £30 all together

spudd

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2012, 02:48:18 pm »
Lee you got a link to the marey heater you've got? Pretty sure you've put a link up before just didn't save it?

Also do you run 2 pumps to 1 heater then to 2 reels
Or
1 pump to 1 heater "split to 2 reels?

Cheers spikey

bobplum

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2012, 02:52:19 pm »
cheers
bob

Lee GLS

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2012, 05:20:40 pm »
Lee you got a link to the marey heater you've got? Pretty sure you've put a link up before just didn't save it?

Also do you run 2 pumps to 1 heater then to 2 reels
Or
1 pump to 1 heater "split to 2 reels?

Cheers spikey

I got mine off eBay, but they arnt on there any more. This place sells them, and it looks like the post to the uk as well.

http://tankless-water-heaters.ecrater.com/p/1450945/lpg-propane-gas-tankless-water

I use 1 pump into the heater then split to 2 reels.

bobplum

« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2012, 09:58:00 pm »
there ia another company in usa called excel make water heaters

Lee GLS

« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2012, 01:12:40 pm »
The excel heater looks good and does not require a flue. The only downside for me was it has a 20 minute timer.

bobplum

« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2012, 08:28:28 pm »
The excel heater looks good and does not require a flue. The only downside for me was it has a 20 minute timer.

work faster ;D
seriously i cant see it being a problem unless it needs 10 mins to reset?....how long do they need  to reset

Lee GLS

Re: fao lee gls New
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2012, 09:02:35 pm »

work faster ;D
seriously i cant see it being a problem unless it needs 10 mins to reset?....how long do they need  to reset

It only needs to flow stopping and it resets, but I have 2 reels running off one heater and regularly have the pump running constantly for 20mins or more as we turn the flow off at different times, and the flow doesnt stop instantly when you turn the tap off as the pump carrys on until the dead end or pressure switch cuts in, and that can take 10-20 seconds as the hoses are softer, and takes longer to  uild uip the pressure. with a one man setup I'm sure it wouldn't be a problem