This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Richard Shepherd

Phoenix poles
« on: December 14, 2012, 04:50:55 pm »
As above,

Does anyone use them??

R.C Property

Re: Phoenix poles
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2012, 04:52:46 pm »
Not used one but have played with one. I like them some better features on them that makes the better than other poles out there.

Window Washers

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2012, 05:21:48 pm »
there is one in the training van, love the clamps
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

R.C Property

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2012, 05:26:06 pm »
there is one in the training van, love the clamps

Yer they are great! No more blood blisters lol

Dani J

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2012, 05:41:39 pm »
Yes just bought one recently, all i have to say is watch out Alex Gardiner, because this pole will be the future pole. Clamps are the best clamps , pole is nice and light and overall its the best pole i have had so far.

wightsurf

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2012, 05:45:39 pm »
I agree the clamps are great.

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2012, 06:42:31 pm »
Yes just bought one recently, all i have to say is watch out Alex Gardiner, because this pole will be the future pole. Clamps are the best clamps , pole is nice and light and overall its the best pole i have had so far.

Not as rigid or light as an SL-X let alone an Xtreme. In my opinion, the clamps are still too big and not lateral.

Scrimble

« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2012, 06:55:01 pm »
handled one and not happy with it, too heavy,

its a rip off they claim to be 100 percent carbon fibre but they have a fibreglass base section

4 section 18ft pole when 1 section is fibreglass that means your only getting a 75 percent carbon fibre pole

Mike #1

« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2012, 08:07:31 pm »
I think the fact that it is only 75% carbon is reflected in the price , But will be buying an SLX before end of tax year  ;D ;D . Mike

Spruce

« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2012, 08:14:35 pm »

its a rip off they claim to be 100 percent carbon fibre but they have a fibreglass base section

4 section 18ft pole when 1 section is fibreglass that means your only getting a 75 percent carbon fibre pole

I'm sure the reason given for the fiber glass base was to do with protecting you, the user, against electrical shock if you accidently touched power lines.

If this is the case, I would be quite happy not to have the base in CF as well, as CF is a conductor of electricity.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2012, 08:24:37 pm »
I think the only real risk is a lightning storm, but you'd have to be pretty crazy to work in that weather. Powerlines in domestic areas are I believe all shielded?

I'm sure the SL-X has a thin fibreglass coating on the base section to give some prevention against shock. But Alex would have to confirm this.

R.C Property

« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2012, 08:30:19 pm »
I think the only real risk is a lightning storm, but you'd have to be pretty crazy to work in that weather. Powerlines in domestic areas are I believe all shielded?

they are, but how many houses have you cleaned that outside lights! some houses also have electric cables going from house to shed/garage in the air to,

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2012, 08:55:55 pm »

they are, but how many houses have you cleaned that outside lights! some houses also have electric cables going from house to shed/garage in the air to,

Not sure what the question is, but I'm always cleaning very close to outside lights, and have done so for years. I actually clean the outside of them of a few. They have to be shielded against the harshest of weather by law. Quite a few of my customers have electric cables going to sheds, they are all insulated.

I never knock against them, because I don't like my pole getting snagged.

Spruce

« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2012, 09:51:05 pm »
I do the fish and chip shop and the flat above. The electric cables are 1.3m from the house and are not shielded. This is confirmed by the national grid. I have requested the chippy owner put a request in for the cables to be taken down and run under the pavement.

Here is a copy of my email.

Dear Sir/Madam,

I see from the website that the Northern Power Grid offers a temporary shrouding service for properties that are situated near to overhead power supply cables to enable building maintenance to be carried out safely. I have also noted that some shrouding that has been done appears to have been fitted permanently as it has been there for a long time, but I can’t see any reference to this service on your website.

The reason for me query is that I am ‘contracted’ to regularly clean the windows of Boosebeck Fish and Chips and the residential property above the shop. This property is situated 29 Queen Street, Boosbeck TS12 3AE which is on the corner of Queen Street and High Street, Boosbeck.

Although it’s not possible for me to measure the exact distance the overhead supply cables are from the building, a measurement at pavement level is approx 1.3 m (1300mm).

I’m obviously very aware of the dangers of working near these supply cables and would appreciate if you could please put some permanent shrouding on these cables to enable me the clean the 3 windows on the 2nd floor safely.

I thank you in advance and look forward to a positive reply.

Their reply

Hi

Thank you for your email. I can confirm that we don’t provide shrouding on a permanent basis. Shrouding is only a temporary protection measure, and it is the property owner’s or contractor’s responsibility to notify us when their works are completed so that we can arrange for it to be removed. However, if the property owner intends to have work carried out near these overhead lines regularly, they can either request a Service Alteration job to have the lines relocated or a diversion to have them put underground. Please visit our website or call our customer service centre on 0845 070 7172 for more information.

I hope this clarifies the situation. However, if you have any queries, please don’t hesitate to contact us again. Thank you.

Kind regards,

Northern Powergrid Shrouding Team

David Kent @ KentKleen

« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2012, 10:47:13 pm »
power cables are the least of your worries working up the beck spruce!!! lol
got a lot of good mates up there.  didnt realise they had electricity there yet. top house still uses candles.

Spruce

« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2012, 11:12:02 pm »
power cables are the least of your worries working up the beck spruce!!! lol
got a lot of good mates up there.  didnt realise they had electricity there yet. top house still uses candles.

I'm learning to adjust  ;D

R.C Property

« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2012, 11:25:07 pm »

Not sure what the question is, but I'm always cleaning very close to outside lights, and have done so for years. I actually clean the outside of them of a few. They have to be shielded against the harshest of weather by law. Quite a few of my customers have electric cables going to sheds, they are all insulated.

I never knock against them, because I don't like my pole getting snagged.

Yes they should be shielded, but not everyone does it, some just cable clip the wire against the walls and cable tie them to wire to them,

Stephen Fox

« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2012, 09:52:16 pm »

Not as rigid or light as an SL-X let alone an Xtreme. In my opinion, the clamps are still too big and not lateral.

Tim, have you actually used one side by side? As this seems contrary to want we have seen.

Stephen Fox

« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2012, 10:07:08 pm »

Scrimble, would be interested in seeing what too heavy is in relation to? We've looked at everything out there and would say this wasn't the case at all, but value opinions all the same.

A fibreglass base is pretty much the norm for all water fed poles for protection purposes.

« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2012, 04:26:49 am »
Don`t worry Foxy we are only talking not buying its Christmas take a break.I am sure every one knows how good your poles we have heard a lot about them.They are good poles, Rome was not built in a day. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D