This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Crystal-clear

Re: split relay need to buy one best place
« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2012, 07:22:48 pm »
alright well ill order that one from ebay then ill give it a crack , might harras my local mechanic to give me a hand

concept

« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2012, 07:23:57 pm »
alright well ill order that one from ebay then ill give it a crack , might harras my local mechanic to give me a hand

Just ring Raw Components...even I managed to wire it in.

R.C Property

« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2012, 08:01:10 pm »

Shame ur not closer, i would of offered to help you with it

R.C Property

« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2012, 08:32:08 pm »
Richard you can help me with mine ;)

thats ture, your only just down the road, well a few miles away anyway!

R.C Property

« Reply #24 on: December 14, 2012, 08:51:50 pm »
Yeah bedfordshire. Bedford.

Gotta wire in mine in my new van. Not looking forward to it lmao.

its easy! no need to worry! when you got to do it?

R.C Property

« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2012, 09:17:46 pm »
I finish work on the 21st and go back mid jan lol. So lots of time to set fire to
Stuff haha

If you need any help let me know,

Crystal-clear

« Reply #26 on: December 15, 2012, 03:21:52 pm »

i might take you up on that rich, im going way up north for Christmas and going back south around 28th-30th so will be on the m1 ofc now i dont know what your plans are!  ;D

even if i have to come up on a separate day the estimated fuel costs are £30 not a big price to pay ,id rather someone who knows what they are doing help rather then me ado it then blowing the battery's up lol

R.C Property

« Reply #27 on: December 15, 2012, 03:26:40 pm »

i might take you up on that rich, im going way up north for Christmas and going back south around 28th-30th so will be on the m1 ofc now i dont know what your plans are!  ;D

even if i have to come up on a separate day the estimated fuel costs are £30 not a big price to pay ,id rather someone who knows what they are doing help rather then me ado it then blowing the battery's up lol

You will be going through my town on the m1 then!

I'm heading up Lincoln way for new year with parents, but think I would be in northampton those dates. Text me if you want 07751208172

geefree

« Reply #28 on: December 15, 2012, 05:53:20 pm »
halfords.... camping section ... £20... they are the proper ones.

R.C Property

« Reply #29 on: December 15, 2012, 06:15:48 pm »
halfords.... camping section ... £20... they are the proper ones.

Does that come with all the wire and fuses too? If not the one I posted is a lot better for the price.

ascjim

« Reply #30 on: December 16, 2012, 12:22:55 pm »
i have this one fitted into my van.

easy to fit its just one wire from the battery, even my misses could fit it!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/12V-30AMP-SPLIT-CHARGE-RELAY-KIT-SELF-SWITCHING-/181044273983?pt=UK_Campervan_Caravan_Accessories&hash=item2a2714633f

I got this one here, it doesn't seem to be charging. I may have wired it up wrong. Just waiting for my voltmeter to come trough the post to test it ....

R.C Property

« Reply #31 on: December 16, 2012, 12:26:09 pm »

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/12V-30AMP-SPLIT-CHARGE-RELAY-KIT-SELF-SWITCHING-/181044273983?pt=UK_Campervan_Caravan_Accessories&hash=item2a2714633f

I got this one here, it doesn't seem to be charging. I may have wired it up wrong. Just waiting for my voltmeter to come trough the post to test it ....

Did u wire it up like the diagram showed? Mine never sounds like it charging, it's been on for a year now and battery has never gone flat!

Ian Sheppard

« Reply #32 on: December 16, 2012, 01:01:51 pm »
There is also this

http://www.cleanitup.co.uk/smf/index.php?topic=156936.0

Split relay,voltmeter and flow regulator all in one

V16 Is Here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AhbZirSlpI&t=8s
Polarity Protect technology

R.C Property

« Reply #33 on: December 16, 2012, 01:15:46 pm »
There is also this

http://www.cleanitup.co.uk/smf/index.php?topic=156936.0

Split relay,voltmeter and flow regulator all in one

Looks good, but bet it costs more than £40! That's what it cost me for my split charger and volt meter and pump controller. All separate items, if one goes down my system still works.

ascjim

« Reply #34 on: December 17, 2012, 05:25:50 pm »

Did u wire it up like the diagram showed? Mine never sounds like it charging, it's been on for a year now and battery has never gone flat!

Yeah I followed the diagram and I believe i wired it up correctly. I hear the "click" when i turn the ignition, so there's power going to it.

I'm starting to believe that the crank battery my be faulty. I've only had this van for a few weeks and ever since i got it the radio normally goes in to "economy mode" only after 10 mins of being on. I may get it tested

R.C Property

« Reply #35 on: December 17, 2012, 05:27:06 pm »

Yeah I followed the diagram and I believe i wired it up correctly. I hear the "click" when i turn the ignition, so there's power going to it.

I'm starting to believe that the crank battery my be faulty. I've only had this van for a few weeks and ever since i got it the radio normally goes in to "economy mode" only after 10 mins of being on. I may get it tested

it it clicking then its working, so they say, best bet is to get the main battery checked just to see if thats working ok.

ascjim

« Reply #36 on: December 17, 2012, 05:30:59 pm »
Yeah its the best bet. Bloody typical eh? Cheers

R.C Property

« Reply #37 on: December 17, 2012, 05:32:57 pm »
Yeah its the best bet. Bloody typical eh? Cheers

always the way! thats what happens this time of year, my van has had a new battery year ago now, but in the cold weather had to charge it up twice now! think it hates the cold!