This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Mike #1

Re: "The back of the van is dangerous son..."
« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2012, 05:58:42 am »
It's explained in the video I think, I could always make another to explain it if you like.

Not having a go mate , Yes the tank is well strapped down with two 5 ton ratchet straps because of suggestions as you say,  But in a 30 mph crash their is a good chance that if you are fully loaded you could end up crushed .

And i am sure no one on here wants anybody to have an accident that is all anybody is pointing out .

I used to carry 10 containers = 250 ltrs of water plus a PF trolley in the back of a suzuki ignis and then in the back of a grand vitara for over 3 yrs so i cant really preach . Mike

Dave Willis

« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2012, 07:38:31 am »
Makes me laugh to be honest. Not having a go at anyone in particular, but they have these training courses where you learn how to switch a gutter vac on, how to put a ladder up, how to wiggle a squeegie, how to cordon an area off, how you must not stand on a flat roof, how to do a risk assessment etc etc and yet you can drive a death trap of your own making and put your employees in it if you wish. Madness

Window Washers

« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2012, 10:52:09 am »
Makes me laugh to be honest. Not having a go at anyone in particular, but they have these training courses where you learn how to switch a gutter vac on, how to put a ladder up, how to wiggle a squeegie, how to cordon an area off, how you must not stand on a flat roof, how to do a risk assessment etc etc and yet you can drive a death trap of your own making and put your employees in it if you wish. Madness
dave on some of the training courses they go over this very subject and explain it to people. some people just don't think which is very worrying, You would would be very socked at some of the vans and systems I get to see.
At the end of the day if these courses prevent just one life changing/ending accident they are worth it. Of course that's IMO and I have a bias I know this post was not aimed at me.
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

Dave Willis

« Reply #23 on: December 16, 2012, 12:19:11 pm »
Like I said it's not aimed at anyone, but of all the dangers related to wfp (hardly any) this one stands out like a sore thumb to me and yet seems completely overlooked by health and safety etc. Even the insurance companies would rather penalise someone for being safe than reduce their premium for bolting the weight down. Nuts  ???