This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Caleb Morley

Easy Money....Try it
« on: December 13, 2012, 01:13:16 am »
Evening All,

I had a few spare slots this week so decided to send out a marketing text message to my existing customer base offering internal window cleaning. I have had 4 customers respond so far and all are booked in for this week. Total value is £126.

It cost me nothing apart from 20 minutes of typing in customer's mobile numbers, as I have free text messaging with my monthly phone plan.

Why not try it yourself?

Feel free to use the text I sent, which is below:

Dear Customer, due to popular demand we will be running a limited number of internal window cleaning days before Christmas to get homes in magic shape for the visit of family member on the 25th! For free pricing or to book a place for your home please respond to this message. Regards, Caleb.

I hope this will work for you and bring you in some extra money.

Cheers,

Caleb

PurefectWindowCleaning

Re: Easy Money....Try it
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2012, 07:46:35 am »
Simple but effective. Nice idea if you have the spare time.  ;)

From a personal point of view, 1: I dont have the spare time and 2: I cant stand cleaning inside windows  ;D

lozsing

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2012, 08:00:31 am »
would rather stick pins in my eyes that do insides lol

lee_dewing

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2012, 08:35:45 am »
Caleb, great idea ;)

What do you charge for inside I chage same or 1.5 times outside but I really feel it is worth x2.

Don't know if people would swallow that especially if your trying to nudge'em into it.

Great idea will remember if i ever run out.

Doesn't happen at the mo, must get quicker, but would want day off to enjoy as only days i get off is it is pi55ing down.

But maybe your idea could be used for that by slight chage "not working outdoors today due to heavy rain, blah blah, are you intrested in inside clean" if not why not? ;D
Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work.     - Aristotle

Caleb Morley

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2012, 08:59:59 am »
I also hate doing insides but I also know what I need to earn on a weekly basis and this week was looking a bit short so i thought - better to do a paid job even if i dislike it rather than not earn what i need to earn.

I used it on guttering 2 weeks ago aswell. Got £200 worth of work out of it.

Cheers,

Caleb

L.U.K.E

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2012, 09:17:21 am »
Great idea if you have the time and a good way to
earn extra money and you will be in the warm.

Does this mean you will be investing in one of those
Super Deluxe Karcher Vac style window cleaning
tools that I've seen advertised on various shopping
channels? LOL

:)

Spruce

« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2012, 09:19:29 am »

;D ;D

Internals always sounds a good idea - clean them when the weather is bad etc. In reality we have found that appointment day ends up to be good external window cleaning weather.

We still do internal cleans, but don't advertise it any longer. If someone remarks about it being a pity we can't clean the insides with that (WFP) I usually agree and leave it at that. At one time I would have jumped to the occassion and offered our internal clean service.

We charge twice the external rate but mostly find that its not enough, especially when customers have used 'Windowlene' on them before. We have found that it does go quicker once you've done it a few times.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

ben M

« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2012, 09:25:21 am »
  ;D me too!

Spruce

« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2012, 09:28:29 am »
Great idea if you have the time and a good way to
earn extra money and you will be in the warm.

Does this mean you will be investing in one of those
Super Deluxe Karcher Vac style window cleaning
tools that I've seen advertised on various shopping
channels? LOL

:)

Did an internal conservatory clean last week when the weather was freezing outside and we couldn't work. Although the conservatory was warmish with a radiator, the condensation off my breath was fogging all the windows up, even when I opened a window. It was a pain but when we did the externals a few days later they were clean.

Was it worth 2 trips to do the clean - no not really, although it did get the internals out of the way and allowed us to get on with normal work the day we did the externals.

I've heard good reports about that Karcher. Downside is that it takes too long to recharge the batteries, so it isn't a commercial proposition for us I don't believe.
Its like anything, customers want to see you putting in effort. I'm not sure that Karcher 'sends that message'.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

lee_dewing

« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2012, 09:44:58 am »
Also regards to Karcher, give the custie the idea to get one and not have you I know this would only really affect the odd inside bit i'm sure you'd get a few idiots say just do upstairs i can do outside downs myself ;D
Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work.     - Aristotle

jimiwindows

« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2012, 10:07:09 am »
i dont think most wfp boys can clean inside windows they dont know how to clean windows.

evo

« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2012, 03:48:54 pm »
i dont think most wfp boys can clean inside windows they dont know how to clean windows.

here we go

johnny bravo

« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2012, 08:22:27 pm »
theyd probably take their hose and pole into house and wfp the windows  LOL ;D

keyser soze

« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2012, 09:31:20 pm »
theyd probably take their hose and pole into house and wfp the windows  LOL ;D

;D ;D

Total shine cleaning services

« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2012, 12:49:59 am »
I do inside cleans on a regular basis and quite enjoy the change, I also pole with wagtails as much as poss as nice to keep skill levels up, I can get around most houses in 10-15 so I only throw a couple of pounds extra on, think its important to practise as comes in handy for the odd commercial job

graham

Mike #1

« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2012, 06:58:07 am »
Good idea caleb it is all about the money . Mike

ascjim

« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2012, 12:30:06 pm »
Evening All,

I had a few spare slots this week so decided to send out a marketing text message to my existing customer base offering internal window cleaning. I have had 4 customers respond so far and all are booked in for this week. Total value is £126.

It cost me nothing apart from 20 minutes of typing in customer's mobile numbers, as I have free text messaging with my monthly phone plan.

Why not try it yourself?

Dear Customer, due to popular demand we will be running a limited number of internal window cleaning days before Christmas to get homes in magic shape for the visit of family member on the 25th! For free pricing or to book a place for your home please respond to this message. Regards, Caleb.

Cheers,

Caleb

Great idea mate. I may text the big / conny houses if im free next year ;)

Dani J

« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2012, 01:33:42 pm »
Evening All,

Why not try it yourself?

i have been doing it for years, but forgot to mention it on here  ;) :)

Cheers,

Caleb