This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

ladders no more

Re: do you remember when my van and new hot system got stolen in 2010?
« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2012, 07:17:25 pm »
SteveCM had his stolen around the same time, brand new PF Hot system fitted also...

Coincidence.
Do you think some thing is fishy going on Concept  :o

ronnie paton

« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2012, 07:19:19 pm »
nope not correct that is like saying a stolen car is sold he has reciept and he owns it, the police would give this back to the owner who reported it stolen,

this item has been stolen since 2010 it has now turned up and the owner has never sold it so it clearly is still owned by the person who reported it stolen.......simple has that

CleanClear

« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2012, 07:26:18 pm »
nope not correct that is like saying a stolen car is sold he has reciept and he owns it, the police would give this back to the owner who reported it stolen,

this item has been stolen since 2010 it has now turned up and the owner has never sold it so it clearly is still owned by the person who reported it stolen.......simple has that

I'll make this short. The police are not there to adjudicate who the owner is, hence you have not had it returned. They will try to find out who stole it. If they can't then i'd pretty much guarantee you won't get given it back by the police as the new owner has (or may have) a very legitimate claim on it, just like you.
*Status*--------Currently Online---------

Steve Sed

« Reply #23 on: December 12, 2012, 07:26:39 pm »

That is my understanding too. Problem is most police are thick hence they aren't sure who owns it.

Steve Sed

« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2012, 07:30:27 pm »

I'll make this short. The police are not there to adjudicate who the owner is, hence you have not had it returned. They will try to find out who stole it. If they can't then i'd pretty much guarantee you won't get given it back by the police as the new owner has (or may have) a very legitimate claim on it, just like you.

Oh that makes a lot of sense...... Not.

So if I steal your car and sell it for £10k, as long as the police don't figure out I stole it (very likely as they are useless) the person I sell it to gets to keep it?

ladders no more

« Reply #25 on: December 12, 2012, 07:36:10 pm »

Pleased you got it back Ronnie  :) So you can resume your work, great bonus for Chistmas for you all the best for the future.

What ever means they id the systems by numbers or other means  it was yours  :)  It goes to show how honest PF are they could have just fitted it in the guys van who bought it off Ebay and said nothing. i rember some thing on here about a stolen trailer they recoverd as well, hope you get this sorted as quick as possible, im sure most on here wish you a bright future. all the best

CleanClear

« Reply #26 on: December 12, 2012, 07:37:14 pm »

Oh that makes a lot of sense...... Not.

So if I steal your car and sell it for £10k, as long as the police don't figure out I stole it (very likely as they are useless) the person I sell it to gets to keep it?

I'm not 100% certain of the hard and fast rule, but if it has gone through lets say three owners after its stolen from you then  no, you won't get it back. Thats a fact, i'm not just making it up for an argument. Sounds strange? Maybe, but thats how it works.

CleanClear

« Reply #27 on: December 12, 2012, 07:39:45 pm »

ronnie paton

« Reply #28 on: December 12, 2012, 07:40:31 pm »
nope not fact!!! it stolen goods simple it may have been bought in good faith but it was reported stolen!!

i will get it back has it is my stolen equipment and that is the fact.

CleanClear

« Reply #29 on: December 12, 2012, 07:47:24 pm »
nope not fact!!! it stolen goods simple it may have been bought in good faith but it was reported stolen!!

I hope you do. In the meantime i've just agreed or rather explained the rationale behind what the coppers told you. Lets hope the new owner isn't as determined as you not to lose money. Fingers crossed he's a wuss who just rolls over.

paul13

« Reply #30 on: December 12, 2012, 07:49:45 pm »

That makes no sense if the op has recites to prove he owned system and he reported it missing
he will get it back it might take a while he might need to wait till after investigation court case ect
but he will get it back no matter what anyone else has paid for it in-between.

second thoughts mabey insurance will get it if they paid out

ronnie paton

« Reply #31 on: December 12, 2012, 08:03:56 pm »
clean clear what you says is total rubbish, if it what you says is tue once its stolen iand sold on its gone for ever ::)

the police just what has little to do with it has possible and most dont know there arse from there elbow that is the problem

CleanClear

« Reply #32 on: December 12, 2012, 08:20:26 pm »
clean clear what you says is total rubbish, if it what you says is tue once its stolen iand sold on its gone for ever ::)

the police just what has little to do with it has possible and most dont know there arse from there elbow that is the problem

I'm trying to explain to you but you're not taking it onboard. If the guy paid a tenner for it from someone he didn't know in a pub, yeah you'd be in with a great chance. He never, according to you he's bought it from a legitimate source (Ebay) and presumably he's paid the going price. Thats problem one, for a court. The Police have yet to find the thief, thats problem two. Unless the Police can find the thief, or some sort of illegal procurement of the system by someone then they are not allowed to determine the ownership of it, thats for a court to decide. Because from what you've said someone has bought it legitimatley . And thats where you'll have to go if the Police don't find someone responsible for something. Thats my last word on it, you should understand it now.

ladders no more

« Reply #34 on: December 12, 2012, 08:49:20 pm »
Well Ronnie that sorted that out

simple Google search, how easy is that  ::) some people on here just comment on issues before they look up the facts and make themselves look  :-[ ???? put your own words in the space
most dont know diddly squat and many just want to cause a argument 

ladders no more

« Reply #36 on: December 12, 2012, 08:55:23 pm »
its all gone quiet over there hahaah

you will get it back m8t

CleanClear

« Reply #37 on: December 12, 2012, 09:15:06 pm »
Well Ronnie that sorted that out

Hi Ladders no  more, i'm not sure if your reading the same topic as me or even if English is your first language, but heres what i'm seeing......
all though the police have said i cant have it back has they need to decide who owns it?????

confused me too, i have the invoice i reported it stolen 6 days after being fitted and i have never reported it found, clearly i own it(actually RCW Cleaning Services LTD) but supposedly the person who says he bought it from ebay ::) may have rights to it

Pleased you got it back Ronnie  :) So you can resume your work, great bonus for Chistmas for you all the best for the future.
simple Google search, how easy is that  ::) some people on here just comment on issues before they look up the facts and make themselves look  :-[ ???? put your own words in the space
most dont know diddly squat and many just want to cause a argument 

But you're right some people just comment on issues before they look up the facts, or even read the facts.
I'm talking rubbish. You're on the right track congragulating him on getting it back when he hasn't and providing him a CAB link to get it back. I'm out !!

Spruce

« Reply #38 on: December 12, 2012, 09:23:06 pm »

Agreed - unless the insurance company paid you out for it. If so then it belongs to them.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

ladders no more

« Reply #39 on: December 12, 2012, 09:29:10 pm »

Agreed - unless the insurance company paid you out for it. If so then it belongs to them.
another great comment Spruce this is how discusions should be  ;D