Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

home6442

Re: Solar panel cleaning
« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2012, 02:20:05 pm »
Is it possible to get an electric shock when cleaning solar panals
using wfp ?
If so how do you avoid it?

Halfadaylee

« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2012, 03:24:55 pm »
We are doing it A LOT!  Priced up a 17,000 panel installation this week. We market it as a premium service.  Loads of people can clean windows, but not all can clean solar panels, no matter what they say.  Don't undersell the service.  We make more on solar jobs per hour than any of our other services.

A clean every 6 months is perfect for the customer and you.
I just checked out your website. Brilliant. Answered all my questions straight away. I've added it to my services as I'm seeing more and more solar panels appearing where I live.
I'm sure more & more people will be installing them in the future so I'm sure this can be quite lucrative for all window cleaners that have the correct knowledge & equipment.   Thanks

I would be interested to get some feedback here as it seems a more professional forum, rather than a place to bash other people!

Are you new here Steve? Welcome :-)

« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2012, 04:08:57 pm »
Is it possible to get an electric shock when cleaning solar panals
using wfp ?
If so how do you avoid it?
Yes, it is possible.  If the panel is cracked, if there are loose wires or the panel frame is live, you will get shocked.  

« Reply #23 on: December 12, 2012, 04:09:29 pm »
We are doing it A LOT!  Priced up a 17,000 panel installation this week. We market it as a premium service.  Loads of people can clean windows, but not all can clean solar panels, no matter what they say.  Don't undersell the service.  We make more on solar jobs per hour than any of our other services.

A clean every 6 months is perfect for the customer and you.
I just checked out your website. Brilliant. Answered all my questions straight away. I've added it to my services as I'm seeing more and more solar panels appearing where I live.
I'm sure more & more people will be installing them in the future so I'm sure this can be quite lucrative for all window cleaners that have the correct knowledge & equipment.   Thanks

I would be interested to get some feedback here as it seems a more professional forum, rather than a place to bash other people!

Are you new here Steve? Welcome :-)
Thanks joe.   :D

gewindows

« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2012, 04:56:47 pm »
There was a 240 panel solar installation down the road from me. I do the windows on their place, its a farm. The whole lot went up about 6 months ago, last I heard it was either kids or electrical fault that caused it.

If theres a likelihood to get a shock from these things what are we talking here? Big or just a tingle? Big I'd imagine  :(

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #25 on: December 12, 2012, 05:09:13 pm »
By the way, all the material and photos on the website are copyrighted, but if anyone wants to copy and paste something onto their website, please contact me.

I don't mind, so long as there is a line to say something like :"windscreen illustration provided courtesy of www.solar-panel-cleaners.com", and a link going to our website.  That is only an example.

Without the link, we will ask for the material to be removed.

I will probably get grief again for mentioning that, however, we do have window cleaners who have done exactly that and who are enjoying good results and getting profitable enquiries. It builds customer confidence.

Any chance of seeing your copyright?

« Reply #26 on: December 12, 2012, 07:01:16 pm »
By the way, all the material and photos on the website are copyrighted, but if anyone wants to copy and paste something onto their website, please contact me.

I don't mind, so long as there is a line to say something like :"windscreen illustration provided courtesy of www.solar-panel-cleaners.com", and a link going to our website.  That is only an example.

I will probably get grief again for mentioning that, however, we do have window cleaners who have done exactly that and who are enjoying good results and getting profitable enquiries. It builds customer confidence.

Internet copyright laws state that any material authored by an individual on their website is their intellectual property.  It is different to printed matter. I have already had one website removed from the Internet due to copyright issues and have had other copy text and or images and these have been removed too. 

Therefore, you cannot see anyone's copyright, but all material on a website, authored by an individual is copyrighted.  Hope that answers the question.

« Reply #27 on: December 12, 2012, 07:02:00 pm »
There was a 240 panel solar installation down the road from me. I do the windows on their place, its a farm. The whole lot went up about 6 months ago, last I heard it was either kids or electrical fault that caused it.

If theres a likelihood to get a shock from these things what are we talking here? Big or just a tingle? Big I'd imagine  :(
Big enough to hurt! :o :o :o

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #28 on: December 12, 2012, 07:07:42 pm »

Internet copyright laws state that any material authored by an individual on their website is their intellectual property.  It is different to printed matter. I have already had one website removed from the Internet due to copyright issues and have had other copy text and or images and these have been removed too. 

Therefore, you cannot see anyone's copyright, but all material on a website, authored by an individual is copyrighted.  Hope that answers the question.

Cool. 8)

keyser soze

« Reply #29 on: December 12, 2012, 07:22:06 pm »
could you get a fatal shock

« Reply #30 on: December 12, 2012, 07:24:09 pm »
could you get a fatal shock
It depends how badly damaged the array is, but yes, I believe so.

Dave Willis

« Reply #31 on: December 12, 2012, 08:09:36 pm »
University sounds exciting  :o

elite mike

« Reply #32 on: December 13, 2012, 07:55:02 pm »
if anyone uses gardiner poles they will be protected , as the base section is insulated.

home6442

« Reply #33 on: December 13, 2012, 08:01:19 pm »
Not if the pole gets wet.

elite mike

« Reply #34 on: December 13, 2012, 08:07:46 pm »

why would it  get wet ?and i am sure alex will respond to this post .

« Reply #35 on: December 13, 2012, 08:36:22 pm »

The question should be, how can you work wfp on solar all day WITHOUT your pole getting wet? :-\

stuart mc

« Reply #36 on: December 13, 2012, 08:43:31 pm »

The question should be, how can you work wfp on solar all day WITHOUT your pole getting wet? :-\

that is easy, put the brush at correct angle

elite mike

« Reply #37 on: December 13, 2012, 08:45:23 pm »

hooray  ;)

« Reply #38 on: December 13, 2012, 08:53:35 pm »

hooray  ;)
Maybe, but I would not like a dry pole to be my only protection from electrocution!  ;D

elite mike

« Reply #39 on: December 13, 2012, 09:01:01 pm »

hooray  ;)
Maybe, but I would not like a dry pole to be my only protection from electrocution!  ;D

two words rubber soles  ;)