This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

stuart mc

Re: Solar panel cleaning
« Reply #40 on: December 13, 2012, 09:32:57 pm »
Not if the pole gets wet.

why would it  get wet ?and i am sure alex will respond to this post .

The question should be, how can you work wfp on solar all day WITHOUT your pole getting wet? :-\

that is easy, put the brush at correct angle

hooray  ;)
Maybe, but I would not like a dry pole to be my only protection from electrocution!  ;D

two words rubber soles  ;)

that and get the customer to turn the fooking thing off would help ;D it must be able to be isolated

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #41 on: December 13, 2012, 09:35:32 pm »
Not if the pole gets wet.

why would it  get wet ?and i am sure alex will respond to this post .

During use a telescopic pole will generally stay dry, but it can get wet in use for two reasons:

1. The weather - if it is raining then the surface of the pole will get wet.
2. The angle of use. With the shallow angle of the pole when cleaning solar panels etc. it may happen that water can run back down the brush head and on to the pole. This would really depend on exactly how the work was being carried out.

The chance of getting an electric shock from a standard working Solar Panel is very very low - If a shock was received from a damaged panel it would usually be from just the output of the single panel which would generally not be sufficient to kill you. Using a pole with an insulated base section would protect you even further even if a solar panel was damaged in some way. The only time the pole would not protect you is if it was wet along its entire length and down on to the handle section that you were holding.

On the continent cleaners regularly use carbon poles on such solar panel arrays and have been doing so for many years. These panels have to be well isolated as otherwise when it rained they would all short out!

CF Facilities

« Reply #42 on: December 13, 2012, 10:36:45 pm »
Very interesting thread.

Questions though about insurance. Do your premiums rocket when you add solar panel cleaning? Would any company add any damage to the policy or do they come out with the escape clause of not covering the panel you are working on?

gewindows

« Reply #43 on: December 13, 2012, 10:41:11 pm »

« Reply #44 on: December 13, 2012, 11:10:43 pm »
Very interesting thread.

Questions though about insurance. Do your premiums rocket when you add solar panel cleaning? Would any company add any damage to the policy or do they come out with the escape clause of not covering the panel you are working on?
All insurances vary, but ours did not charge an extra penny. We are covered for any panel we damage.

tonyoliver

« Reply #45 on: December 17, 2012, 12:39:28 am »
i have tried to push this service but the custys seem reluctant to have it done maybe as they payed a lot out for the panels and dont want to spend or like connis they spend 15 thou and wait 10 years before they call and expect it to be done for pennys  and looking like new  is my pitch wrong or just unlucky? to have mean and tight custys

« Reply #46 on: December 17, 2012, 10:18:04 pm »
i have tried to push this service but the custys seem reluctant to have it done maybe as they payed a lot out for the panels and dont want to spend or like connis they spend 15 thou and wait 10 years before they call and expect it to be done for pennys  and looking like new  is my pitch wrong or just unlucky? to have mean and tight custys
Hi tony.  I got your email.  I would say it is the pitch mate.