Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Steve kiff

Re: with my end of year update video near, answer me this
« Reply #60 on: December 11, 2012, 04:28:17 pm »
Can't wait to see this latest video. The suspense is killing me.  Lee after reading some of your posts you have really given me some great ideas & inspired me to try & double my customer base next year.  Thanks for that

Lee Pryor

« Reply #61 on: December 11, 2012, 04:54:08 pm »
Can't wait to see this latest video. The suspense is killing me.  Lee after reading some of your posts you have really given me some great ideas & inspired me to try & double my customer base next year.  Thanks for that

Well I could film it now but new customers are still coming in so I want to give the most up to date results. I will probably do it the week between xmas and new year when we are off.

I glad I have helped you Steve. Lets all make loads of money!
The best way to predict the future is to create it.

wfp master

« Reply #62 on: December 11, 2012, 04:56:42 pm »
is richard any relation?

Lee Pryor

« Reply #63 on: December 11, 2012, 05:00:27 pm »
is richard any relation?

Boom boom! yay and it is spelt the same. No sadly the late great richard pryor is not a relation. Superman 3 and brewsters millions all the way!

Window Washers

« Reply #64 on: December 11, 2012, 05:14:17 pm »
is richard any relation?

Boom boom! yay and it is spelt the same. No sadly the late great richard pryor is not a relation. Superman 3 and brewsters millions all the way!
Brewsters Millions love it :)
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

wfp master

« Reply #65 on: December 11, 2012, 05:20:13 pm »
is richard any relation?

he was a great stand up comedian seen a few of his vids very funny. :)

Richard iSparkle

« Reply #66 on: December 11, 2012, 06:26:01 pm »
Hi Lee,

how often do you re leaflet an area?  I;m currently trialling hitting every area every other month. 
iSparkle Window Cleaning

www.isparklewindowcleaning.uk

Lee Pryor

« Reply #67 on: December 11, 2012, 06:49:32 pm »
Good question richard and I have hit my areas several times this year.

IMO 3 times in a 12 month period is the most cost effective.

Richard iSparkle

« Reply #68 on: December 11, 2012, 07:12:52 pm »

thanks for the answer.

you must be covering quite a big area then!
iSparkle Window Cleaning

Window Washers

« Reply #69 on: December 11, 2012, 07:30:47 pm »
Hi Lee,

how often do you re leaflet an area?  I;m currently trialling hitting every area every other month. 
hows it going Richard ? I have been doing this coming up for 2 years now I have found the first two drops being the best ROI per leaflet
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

Crystal-clear

« Reply #70 on: December 11, 2012, 08:17:52 pm »

Was going to ask that but was beaten to the punch so say if We picked 4 different Areas or postcodes for the year would you recommend doing them all one after the other then starting again so for examaple jan area 1 feb area 2 march area 3 April area 4 then may start again something like that I would imagine is best

Lee Pryor

« Reply #71 on: December 11, 2012, 09:03:28 pm »

Was going to ask that but was beaten to the punch so say if We picked 4 different Areas or postcodes for the year would you recommend doing them all one after the other then starting again so for examaple jan area 1 feb area 2 march area 3 April area 4 then may start again something like that I would imagine is best

that what we do. ive done 4 times in some areas this year and here is what ive learnt.

Drop 1 and 2 are very good and tend to be about the same if 3 months gap or so. drop 3 you will notice is less and drop 4 is alot less to the point where it was a waste.

Richard iSparkle

« Reply #72 on: December 11, 2012, 09:12:54 pm »
Hi Lee,

hows it going Richard ? I have been doing this coming up for 2 years now I have found the first two drops being the best ROI per leaflet

it's early days so cant comment.  only in month 2 and having some problems managing my leafleters!  ask me again in 6 months and i'll have an answer for you  :)
iSparkle Window Cleaning

WGB

« Reply #73 on: December 11, 2012, 09:28:23 pm »

that what we do. ive done 4 times in some areas this year and here is what ive learnt.

Drop 1 and 2 are very good and tend to be about the same if 3 months gap or so. drop 3 you will notice is less and drop 4 is alot less to the point where it was a waste.
Lee would drop 4 be winter months and would this be a factor for bad return? I Have just started putting mine out every 4-6 weeks for same area. Would changing frequency for certain times of year be good idea? Wayne.

« Reply #74 on: December 11, 2012, 10:07:17 pm »
I certainly havnt had 2000 new customers! less than a 1000. But people on here get caught up with that, its not important how many customers you have or gain the money is the important bit!

To take on my own leafleters would be impossible in terms of the volume we have done.

£20k was spent on printing and delivering leaflets nothing else.
Hi lee. Less than 1000 is still a bit vague. How many did you pick up? 10 is less than 1000!   ;D 
20k is a shed load of money to spend on leaflets. For that kind of money, could you not employ a full time canvasser?  I bet they would beat your 1000 estimate.  If they canvassed for 300 days in a year, they would only need 3.4 customers a day and you hit 1000. That should be easy peasy.  As most people will tell you, when it comes to canvassing, you can't beat door knocking. Offer 20k and I bet you will have a queue at your door all the way up the street. You could take your pick of folks!  Fair play to ya though!

Dani J

« Reply #75 on: December 11, 2012, 10:51:15 pm »
I certainly havnt had 2000 new customers! less than a 1000. But people on here get caught up with that, its not important how many customers you have or gain the money is the important bit!

To take on my own leafleters would be impossible in terms of the volume we have done.

Hi lee. Less than 1000 is still a bit vague. How many did you pick up? 10 is less than 1000!   ;D 
20k is a shed load of money to spend on leaflets. For that kind of money, could you not employ a full time canvasser?  I bet they would beat your 1000 estimate.  If they canvassed for 300 days in a year, they would only need 3.4 customers a day and you hit 1000. That should be easy peasy.  As most people will tell you, when it comes to canvassing, you can't beat door knocking. Offer 20k and I bet you will have a queue at your door all the way up the street. You could take your pick of folks!  Fair play to ya though!

Thats interesting.

so whats your take on that lee, he has point.

DG Cleaning

« Reply #76 on: December 11, 2012, 11:58:13 pm »
I don't think 20k would get you a decent canvasser.  20k isn't much of a wage in the South East anyone worth their salt in sales would be on more than that.

Lee Pryor

« Reply #77 on: December 12, 2012, 12:03:22 am »

Hi Steve. The things you have said there are simply wrong IMO (dont be offended I just have alot of experience in this matter) Door knocking does not come close at all.

you have focused on the most unimportant number and thats how many customers you get. Yes 20k is alot but what If I told you the extra services we got in on top of regular customers (gutters, con roof, jetting, fascia and so on) total £14k meaning I actualy only spent 6k meaning customers are costing me less than £10 each (find a canvasser charging that! dont think so). what if I then told you our anual turnover increased by £80k. would you then think that was a good return for my £20k? I do. Infact any ROI withing 12 months is considered very good in the world of business. Door knocking simply cannot give that return at all. retention rates are terrible for door knocked customers and you simply cannot cover a big enough area.

Dani J

« Reply #78 on: December 12, 2012, 06:53:24 am »

Hi Steve. The things you have said there are simply wrong IMO (dont be offended I just have alot of experience in this matter) Door knocking does not come close at all.

you have focused on the most unimportant number and thats how many customers you get. Yes 20k is alot but what If I told you the extra services we got in on top of regular customers (gutters, con roof, jetting, fascia and so on) total £14k meaning I actualy only spent 6k meaning customers are costing me less than £10 each (find a canvasser charging that! dont think so). what if I then told you our anual turnover increased by £80k. would you then think that was a good return for my £20k? I do. Infact any ROI withing 12 months is considered very good in the world of business. Door knocking simply cannot give that return at all. retention rates are terrible for door knocked customers and you simply cannot cover a big enough area.

You have very valid point Lee, but then again that depends on the way your leaflet is designed, I can see your leaflet design is very good and give you a fantastic result by the way you have described the return you are getting.

But there are thousands of companies out there that have a bad design and wont achieve the kind of result you have.

Design and marketing of any product is the key to great success.

Window Washers

« Reply #79 on: December 12, 2012, 07:12:36 am »

im not arguing here because I too think leafleted customers are better than canvassed ones but a canvasser could up sell services at the same time lee, you used to do this if I remember correctly as did I,  I found it tedious. Is it the scaleability your referring to and price per customer ( there's a word for it but I've not had a coffee yet)