This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Carl@Cwc

Re: with my end of year update video near, answer me this
« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2012, 06:04:45 pm »
all will be revealed mate

Will be deffo be interesting, if I know.lee.
I'm gonna do 150k leaflets next year so will be interesting to see his figures.

Just redesigning my leaflet before reordering. I'll send u the edit lee to see how u think it compares to the older one.    ;)

Darranvps

« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2012, 06:17:02 pm »
Well done Lee
It just shows what you can achieve if you are positive about yourself and your business.

Crystal-clear

« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2012, 06:20:19 pm »
genius , is all i can say, im very impressed

the idea of waiting for the phone to ring after spending £1500 on 25 thousand leaflets used to scare me a bit so i stuck to canvassing ,

now cos of your feedback im more open to it and looking forward to giving leafleting another go mid jan going to use jogpost my brother has had 4 calls today for his pc repair shop they dropped 5k today for him,they really were joging :)
i need to tweak my leaflet a bit as its more of a canvassing leaflet with a price box on it...

Lee Pryor

« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2012, 06:37:11 pm »
Thanks guys.

I spent alot of years developing my leaflet and methods. I did a test drop with jog post last year. went to their london HQ met the owners to discuss my goals and so on. thats why I had the confidence to spend that kind of money. I also have an out sourced call centre answering the incoming calls from the leaflets so a call is never missed. It is important to have all your systems able to cope if it gets busy, its one thing getting alot of calls its another serving them and not wasting them.

I find the week following a drop is manic then a steady trickle for weeks will follow. I also find its a good sign if you get a response on the actual drop day. I find the next 2 days is the most busy.
The best way to predict the future is to create it.

Lee Pryor

« Reply #24 on: December 10, 2012, 06:41:42 pm »
What would be the chance of a screen shot of said leaflet front and back  :-X  :-*

Zero im afraid mate. Theres enough to be seen in the video of the content. If a window cleaner gets mine through their door and they copy me thats life and it does happen, especialy with my price menu. Ive got a collection of about 4 from the area we cover with exact copys!

Besides its more fun coming up with origional ideas of your own. I share pleanty of the things that has made my business what it is. However I still keep some things close to my chest.

Rogue Trader

« Reply #25 on: December 10, 2012, 06:43:05 pm »
Lee,

i have to admit that i do follow your posts and have even copied some of your prices and as a local window cleaner to you i have a bit of a better knowledge on your setup than most on here. You know who i am and you are aware of my company as a local competitor to you. You are also an inspiration to a lot of people on here due to your videos of umpteen boxes of leaflets talk of £20,000 marketing budget this year , pictures of your new flash cars etc. I am writing this because i think it would be even more helpful to the others on here who are inspired by you and your practices to be a bit more down to earth and truthful with your claims and also for others who by the way you post all assume that you run a huge fleet of vehicles. It would be a great help for them to realise that they are actually not that far behind you in their own setup.

I will repeat that your posts are very readable and valuable to a lot of people including myself but i just wish you would be a bit more humble.  

I look forward to the results of your campaign because i am genuinely interested in them,

Matt

Crystal-clear

« Reply #26 on: December 10, 2012, 06:45:13 pm »
Lee , there is something i want to try and understand forgive me if i sound negetive

as you know you get the one off brigade how do you protect yourselfs against these? do you charge more on first cleans ?
im guessing the strength of the lead as they have called you they normally are honest and they aint no where near as bad as a canvassed customer

Crystal-clear

« Reply #27 on: December 10, 2012, 06:54:46 pm »
Lee,

i have to admit that i do follow your posts and have even copied some of your prices and as a local window cleaner to you i have a bit of a better knowledge on your setup than most on here. You know who i am and you are aware of my company as a local competitor to you. You are also an inspiration to a lot of people on here due to your videos of umpteen boxes of leaflets talk of £20,000 marketing budget this year , pictures of your new flash cars etc. I am writing this because i think it would be even more helpful to the others on here who are inspired by you and your practices to be a bit more down to earth and truthful with your claims and also for others who by the way you post all assume that you run a huge fleet of vehicles. It would be a great help for them to realise that they are actually not that far behind you in their own setup.

I will repeat that your posts are very readable and valuable to a lot of people including myself but i just wish you would be a bit more humble.  

I look forward to the results of your campaign because i am genuinely interested in them,

Matt

hmm i imagine lee is running 3 vans full time with maybe 6 window cleaners or so, dont think he really has made himself sound too big could be a little bigger then ive guessed ofc!

Lee Pryor

« Reply #28 on: December 10, 2012, 06:56:50 pm »
Matt, you can come down to my office and see my books any time you want mate, then I will see yours! I have never said I run a huge fleet of vans. I have spent £20k on marketing this year and can prove that. I dont need to be humble because everything I say IS the way it is so why shouldnt I talk about it. You think im full of it because you happen to have more vans than me which is true. All I can say is I dont care how many customers or vans someone has Im intersted is money and thats all.

Dont ever imply (which you are) that im miss leading people or saying things that are not true because I dont and havnt and can back it all up any bloody time.

You claim to know about my setup? is that because you question my staff when you see them out working, oh yes oh course I know about that. I put it to you that in fact you know next to nothing about me or my business and its finacial position. So wind you neck back in.

How dare you call me a lier

Crystal-clear

« Reply #29 on: December 10, 2012, 07:06:25 pm »
i for one never thought you mislead anyone lee, you seem very profesional and you are making the right moves and most importantly you share things and help alot of people, you are one of the poeple on this forum for which im happy to be a part off the more people like you the better..

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #30 on: December 10, 2012, 07:23:17 pm »
 I reckon Lee comes across very well and his demeaner probably reflects how Imagine him to be.

David Kent @ KentKleen

« Reply #31 on: December 10, 2012, 07:31:06 pm »
looks like you have the competition on the ropes Lee  ;D

Knocker

« Reply #32 on: December 10, 2012, 07:32:11 pm »
Hi Lee

I like reading your posts, but I think you are mad for giving away the information that you do.

LBWCS

« Reply #33 on: December 10, 2012, 07:39:29 pm »
Please persever with this post Lee

Lee Pryor

« Reply #34 on: December 10, 2012, 07:40:02 pm »
Hi Lee

I like reading your posts, but I think you are mad for giving away the information that you do.

Ive been thinking the same thing haha

Lee Pryor

« Reply #35 on: December 10, 2012, 07:47:07 pm »
Yes my leaflet is a printed version of my website. Its nice when things tie in with each other.

With regard to the one off question. The girls that answer the phones (the lovely Lauren and Jo  ;)) explain that we only offer a regular service and that we only do one off cleans if they are having one of our other services on top. So we dont get to many problems like that. Its a wellknown fact that a customer that comes to you is far stronger than one hunted down by canvassing. Dont get me wrong, canvassing has its place and ive done some this year and have 2 nice laddies canvassing for me next year.

Carl@Cwc

« Reply #36 on: December 10, 2012, 08:31:11 pm »
Yes my leaflet is a printed version of my website. Its nice when things tie in with each other.

With regard to the one off question. The girls that answer the phones (the lovely Lauren and Jo  ;)) explain that we only offer a regular service and that we only do one off cleans if they are having one of our other services on top. So we dont get to many problems like that. Its a wellknown fact that a customer that comes to you is far stronger than one hunted down by canvassing. Dont get me wrong, canvassing has its place and ive done some this year and have 2 nice laddies canvassing for me next year.

hey lee , if i fire you over my updated leaflet will u have a compare against the old one.
need to get some prices on them as the constant driving around quoting was driving me insane lol.

oh and i think you are ace  :-*

Lee Pryor

« Reply #37 on: December 10, 2012, 09:15:42 pm »
thanks carl.

Go for it mate!

Crystal-clear

« Reply #38 on: December 10, 2012, 09:17:01 pm »

you see and again this is from a canvassing perspective

i used to say its ONLY regular cleans and all they would do is nod agree to anything said once its been done its seeya later ill give you a call and i used to have disputes "you said regular" "no i didnt" "yes you did i wouldnt have charged you only x " "no i didnt please can you leave now..." so the only way around this was to treat everyone as a number and charge them upto double on the first clean, offering a trail clean for double the price if they canceled then it wasnt so bad

my point is even thou they are calling you ,you must still have people who aggree over the phone they want it regular then go back on there word and lie to the girls? but im guessing its quite an insignificant amount?

Lee Pryor

« Reply #39 on: December 10, 2012, 09:21:47 pm »
I would say we have all the problems everyone else has to one degree or another. In this case its not a problem I notice to much. People cancel, we get new ones. As long as we get more than we loose im happy. IMO if you get 100 new customers and still have 50 of them 2 years later paying well and so on then your doing well.