This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Richard iSparkle

HELP! Needed Window Cleaning Software for multiple users?
« on: November 10, 2012, 07:34:18 am »
Does anyone know of window cleaning software where multiple users can be using the database at the same time?

We currently use WCPro which is OK, but if there are a couple of us in the office we cant be using it at the same time which is really frustrating...
iSparkle Window Cleaning

www.isparklewindowcleaning.uk

bobplum

Re: HELP! Needed Window Cleaning Software for multiple users?
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2012, 08:19:15 am »
i think aworka can
i am sure george can as well,on pda i think but aworka as they up load you can see it back at base

Richard iSparkle

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2012, 03:02:03 pm »
i think aworka can
i am sure george can as well,on pda i think but aworka as they up load you can see it back at base

thanks bob!

i was just looking at the consecutive WCPro post and them not updating.  i think my LT statetegy may have to be to switch software then.  who else uses Aworka?  any of the the big businesses?  it advertises it's used by dog walkers!!!!  hardly convincing!!!!
iSparkle Window Cleaning

murray42

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2013, 06:53:28 am »
Scheduling Manager from Thoughtful Systems can do what you're asking for.  And a whole lot more!

See http://www.thoughtfulsystems.com/industries/window_cleaning_software.asp

deeege

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2013, 07:03:01 am »
Scheduling Manager from Thoughtful Systems can do what you're asking for.  And a whole lot more!

See "spam link removed"

Oh hi mr thoughtful systems. 4 posts all linking your site lol
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

Chris @ Aworka

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2013, 09:47:59 am »
For info, about a third of aworka users are part of multi-person businesses/franchises. The largest business currently using aworka has 10 users (There's two of these: one employer and one franchise). I'm currently working with a business about to start a trial with 40 users (not window cleaning though!).

I'd also like to pick up on Richard's comment about dog walkers: these can be serious businesses, especially in cities, e.g. 8 dogs per walk, £10 per dog, 2 walks a day = £160 per day, plus they often do boarding and day care on top. Their software requirements are actually very similar to window cleaners.

dave0123

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2013, 10:58:46 am »
For info, about a third of aworka users are part of multi-person businesses/franchises. The largest business currently using aworka has 10 users (There's two of these: one employer and one franchise). I'm currently working with a business about to start a trial with 40 users (not window cleaning though!).

I'd also like to pick up on Richard's comment about dog walkers: these can be serious businesses, especially in cities, e.g. 8 dogs per walk, £10 per dog, 2 walks a day = £160 per day, plus they often do boarding and day care on top. Their software requirements are actually very similar to window cleaners.

I agree with chris there is a lot of money to be made in dog walking! and the like, there's a fella next door but one to me who puts his doges in a "doggy day care" in the day when he goes to work lol... think they play with it and they play with other dogs but they charge him £30.00 a day! lol. not bad if you have 10 dogs
Dave.

Richard iSparkle

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2013, 12:45:29 pm »
Please accept my apologies for my disparaging remark about dog walkers.   :D
iSparkle Window Cleaning

dave0123

« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2013, 01:08:18 pm »
just the same when people do it about window cleaners though isn't it.. we don't like it
Dave.

murray42

« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2013, 09:34:40 am »
Spam is unsolicited email or messages.  I responded to a question asked by someone on this board.  Hence, not spam!

Window Washers

« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2013, 11:09:45 am »
Aworka are you going to have a platform so it can be used offline too? I so need to switch from Windowcleaner pro myself as its lack of updates and modernising just do t like the idea of just cloud based business tool

If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

Chris @ Aworka

« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2013, 11:58:07 am »
I'm not planning an desktop version at the moment, although I may enhance the cloud service so that it continues to work offline if you have a temporary loss of internet connectivity (the mobile web app already does this).

The other feature in the pipeline, is a backup system probably in the form of a spreadsheet that you could continue to work from offline if you lose access. This would improve on the current backup files, which just give you a list of all your customer details, by organising the jobs into round order, possibly split into daily or weekly sheets, and would include next due date calculation and basic debt tracking.

So if you generally want to avoid cloud based software, I probably can't help you, but if you are worried about occasional loss of internet connection, there may be features coming soon to Aworka to put your mind at rest.

Richard iSparkle

« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2013, 09:39:56 pm »

£160 a day does not make it a business that's comparable to the type of WC business I run.  It may make it comparable to a PT window cleaner, but if I'm looking for software for a medium size business then this does not project this type of thing. 
iSparkle Window Cleaning

Richard iSparkle

« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2013, 09:42:49 pm »
just the same when people do it about window cleaners though isn't it.. we don't like it

if you read my comments regarding dog walkers they aren't rude or disrespectful at all

also, personally i;m not aware of what people say about WC.  i think it may be looked down upon by some people, but not the poeple who i mix with.  the people who i mix with know i run a cleaning business.  what other people think of me or my business is none of my business  :D
iSparkle Window Cleaning

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2013, 11:25:31 pm »
Aworka

You have just put me off, my internet went off for 3 days last year, that would cripple my business

I use google apps for my spreadsheets, which is great as I can access them offline as well as on the web

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2013, 11:28:58 pm »
Thoughtful Systems

Do you integrate with Quick books UK

Maybe I am wrong, I think i contacted you last year and you said No

If you do integrate uk, I think you have just won a customer

Chris @ Aworka

« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2013, 08:52:09 am »
David: Yes, cloud computing isn't for everyone, especially if you can't get a reliable internet connection. Unreliable internet is becoming quite rare though... especially if you have mobile 3G access as well, either with a dongle or by tethering your phone. In an emergency, you could use a local internet cafe, seek out a WiFi hotspot (if you have a tablet or laptop), or borrow a friend or neighbour's connection. Ironically, a couple of years ago I was without electricity for about three days, so even being able to work offline wouldn't have helped me!

Richard: The front page of my web site was developed when most of my customers were sole traders and that was the market I was aiming at. I think you have highlighted the need for me to refresh it with more details of how it works for larger businesses, especially as I've put a lot of work into this area.

Incidentally, (and this is me just being nosey!)... are you saying that each of your operatives earn much more than £160 per day for your business?

concept

« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2013, 09:03:13 am »
Chris, you seem to be the only current contender who is actively developing, and reacting to feedback. This is a good thing.

Is there any reason a desktop version can't be made?

Have you integrated text messaging yet?

Same with email?

It's early and I can't think about it all in too much detail...

Chris @ Aworka

« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2013, 10:06:22 am »
Concept: There is no reason why a desktop version couldn't be made, but it would not be a simple exercise. At the moment, I believe there are many features my users would rather see first, e.g. integrated text messaging, as you mentioned (which isn't integrated yet, but it's near the top of my list).

Invoices, statements and estimates by email is already implemented. I'm going to be adding emails for night before confirmations at the same time as text messages. You'll be able to configure what messages to send, and how and when to send them on a per customer basis. I'm hoping to release this within a month or so.

Richard iSparkle

« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2013, 08:42:49 pm »
David: Yes, cloud computing isn't for everyone, especially if you can't get a reliable internet connection. Unreliable internet is becoming quite rare though... especially if you have mobile 3G access as well, either with a dongle or by tethering your phone. In an emergency, you could use a local internet cafe, seek out a WiFi hotspot (if you have a tablet or laptop), or borrow a friend or neighbour's connection. Ironically, a couple of years ago I was without electricity for about three days, so even being able to work offline wouldn't have helped me!

Richard: The front page of my web site was developed when most of my customers were sole traders and that was the market I was aiming at. I think you have highlighted the need for me to refresh it with more details of how it works for larger businesses, especially as I've put a lot of work into this area.

Incidentally, (and this is me just being nosey!)... are you saying that each of your operatives earn much more than £160 per day for your business?

Yes. More than double
iSparkle Window Cleaning