This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Ian101

Giving staff rubbish poles
« on: October 02, 2012, 08:16:26 am »
Whenever the question of cheap poles comes up - in this case "bargain" Brodex aluminium poles some people say along lines "theyre ok for staff" ..... seen it on a lot of posts over the years so not just the current one thats running.

When I changed from a CLX to a SLX my productivity went up and pole paid for its self within a few weeks by doing extra per day so surely you would want to give staff the best you can get so you can make more money ?? ??

If staff trash equipment which would appear the only reason for not giving them a gardiners SLX then maybe better to change staff member ? or am I missing summit.

George P

Re: Giving staff rubbish poles
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2012, 08:39:00 am »
i agree, always try and give staff good tools, it makes there life easier and means they are more likely to stay, safes all the hassle of looking for new staff again and looks good to customers, if they arent looking after them then retrain them and explain how much they cost, if i have any staff that abuse there tools (except genuine accidents) then i would warn them that they will have a heavy pole for a month and show them the pole that they would have to use, that should stop them abusing it, if not then they may not be the right staff anyway. it does suprise me (and its not just on here ive heard it) that the atitude is it doesntn matter theyre only staff, people forget that once you stop going out on the tools they are the first impressions of your customers, also staff are youre biggest asset, i always try to treat staff how i would like to be treated if i was empoyed doing there job.

richywilts

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2012, 10:58:33 am »
wait till they start getting broken ian day in day out one of mine broke the angle adaptor 3 times in one day which meant coming bk to the unit three times in one day not a prob if working close by but oh no had to be working up in neston, granted there was a slight problem with the small plastic gromits in the gardiners clamps which alex replaced free of charge but 3 in one day plus extra fuel!!!!!
Richard Wiltshire
Window Clean Direct

richardwiltshire36@yahoo.co.uk
www.windowcleandirect.co.uk

roundbuilder

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2012, 11:01:02 am »
give them harris poles and be done with it. light enough for a full day and at 15 quid a pop who cares if it breaks in 6 months it does the job perfect.

George P

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2012, 11:04:37 am »
richy if there breaking stuff regularly then they need either retraing or getting shut, try and explain to them that if it keeps happening you wont be able to afford to employ them any more, that should make them think,

Window Washers

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2012, 12:47:26 pm »
I would not give my staff rubbish poles, but nor would I give each of the slx, they do not care for equipment the same as the owner how ever much wewould like to think they would.

I agree if the staff are breaking things they need retraining (I would) make them pay for it or dismiss them.

I give my guys clx poles as they are cheaper to replace than slx and they do the job very well, clx pole are totally fine as I have used one day in day out myself to test it, I would never give someone something I was not willing to use myself.
I use the slx as i have a knackered back and neck so I found out the hard way

there is no way I could get them to do an extra day just by swopping to a slx and they would need to just to pay for the pole.

Giving your staff fiberglass poles I can totally see the point being made as they are shocking and they do knacker you out.

Harris poles i would not use allday everyday, good for getting out of trouble though
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

Gav Camm lammy 283

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2012, 05:53:49 pm »
break 3 of mine n ill break
their necks end of ;D ;D
LET YOUR PANES BE MY PLEASURE

"If CALSBERG did WINDOW CLEANING
 it would be C.C.C  Probably the best WINDOW CLEANERS IN THE WORLD ..........."

bobplum

« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2012, 07:24:44 pm »
their necks end of ;D ;D

what scares me is that he would ;D ;D

bobplum

« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2012, 07:26:22 pm »
normally there is only me i have a slx and a harris pole as back up but if i took someone on i would buy the clx

Window Washers

« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2012, 07:30:28 pm »
their necks end of ;D ;D
;D
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

richywilts

« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2012, 08:56:53 pm »
richy if there breaking stuff regularly then they need either retraing or getting shut, try and explain to them that if it keeps happening you wont be able to afford to employ them any more, that should make them think,

he was doing first cleans im not sure if they were slight faulty batch or what, we presumed he had broke them what had broke was when knocked the gromit/thread what the bolt on clamp goes thru would take the bang and the plastic thread was breaking on the gromits so the bolt had nothing to grip onto luckily id recently bought a load of spares ;D ;D ;D
Richard Wiltshire
Window Clean Direct

richardwiltshire36@yahoo.co.uk
www.windowcleandirect.co.uk

Gav Camm lammy 283

« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2012, 10:11:39 pm »
i kid you not theres a firm in wrexham
employ say 6 blokes if a pole gets broke
the boss makes the lads pay
he stops money out of their wages
to replace anything broken,