This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

landy2

Re: THANKYOU BRODEX
« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2012, 07:48:54 pm »
it must take you ages to do your rounds evertime your pipe snags you lower pole and then come back and raise it again , and when custy shouts you to pay you lower pole , just a few examples

i am just being trufull  ;D

wpclean

« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2012, 08:11:24 pm »
The 18 and 25ft poles are not heavy and, and I use them daily with no problems, however I invested in the supermax 40 for the high work, as the Brodex 36 nearly gave me a heart attack !

Ian Lancaster

« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2012, 08:16:13 pm »
We always start our new members with Brodex poles.  For inexperienced people they are robust, hardwearing and very good value for money.  When our people become more proficient they can buy what they want, but they all still use Brodex.  The next most popular choice is a converted Unger 3x2mt trad pole - cheap, light and virtually indestructible with spare locking clamps at £1.50 each ;)

As for leaving a pole upright - I agree it's a time consuming practice to keep collapsing it, or finding a flat area big enough to lay it down.  Like (I suspect) a large majority I always left it leaning against the wall BUT made sure it was in a position where it was very unlikely to blow over - top trapped in a corner, against a fallpipe etc.  I could count the number of times I had one fall on the fingers of one hand.  Brodex poles being that bit heavier, of course, they are less likely to blow over ;D

dazmond

« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2012, 08:24:32 pm »
samson(are you as strong as samson!!hehe!) ;D ;D ;D ;D

im a big lad(6ft 2in) and 17 stone and have big arms but using poles day in/day out do take their toll if your using brodex poles esp at awkward angles.

if you ve never used a SLX 25FT for example with extreme brush and carbon gooseneck then you ll have no idea how good and light these poles are!

they are just excellent and i hope one day you try one.YOU WONT BE DISAPPOINTED!! ;D ;D ;D

it reduces the chance of RSI in the future as you may well find out in a few years.

the extreme pole is supposed to be EVEN LIGHTER!! :o :o ;D ;D ;D

ALTHOUGH i cant justify spending nearly double the price of a SLX just yet.

they are robust as well.i abuse mine on a daily basis and its still going strong after 18 months.i reckon ill get a full 3 or 4 years out of it as my main pole before needing to replace it!

just think how much money this pole could make you?in my case over £120,000 if it lasts me 4 years.money well spent IMO.

best wishes to you all

dazmond
price higher/work harder!

wpclean

« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2012, 08:35:43 pm »
I have used the poles for a few years, and I find them light, and dont have any shoulder problems, but like I said earlier the 36 brodex was just too heavy at full stretch so I got the supermax 40 which is great  ;D

Small but perfectley formed

« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2012, 09:35:57 pm »
Got a few brodex poles 5 they are heavy but strong and ideal for numpties :o
Spit and polish

britishwill

« Reply #26 on: October 02, 2012, 09:49:27 pm »
Never ever Brodex. So many people say it so why don't people listen!

Window Washers

Re: THANKYOU BRODEX New
« Reply #27 on: October 02, 2012, 10:23:00 pm »
it must take you ages to do your rounds evertime your pipe snags you lower pole and then come back and raise it again , and when custy shouts you to pay you lower pole , just a few examples

i am just being trufull  ;D
being 100% truthful if a customer wants to pay I do lower the pole it takes seconds or I will say I am just finishing this off then will be with you. (how is that hard to understand ?).

around a back of a domestic I may lean against, but pole lowered I have been doing this long enough to know what is safe what is not, I dont break my pole you do, maybe you could learn something and stop breaking them

Trust me when I say this, it does not take me ages to do my rounds at all I work smart

I dont blame you retiring Ian if you used/use the heavy brodex poles  ;D

Some are lighter I know, but still you get what you pay for, cheap is not always cost effective will leave all you clever guys to work that out  ;)
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)