This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Ian101

Tradding in the rain
« on: October 01, 2012, 02:55:19 pm »
Why do people say u can't trad when its raining ?

Working on bungerlows and started to rain heavily but just carried on fair enough cloths got wet so no detailing but rain prob washed soap from corners anyway.

GB Window Cleaning

Re: Tradding in the rain
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2012, 02:59:46 pm »
Why do people say u can't trad when its raining ?

Working on bungerlows and started to rain heavily but just carried on fair enough cloths got wet so no detailing but rain prob washed soap from corners anyway.
i trad and wfp in light  and medium weather also, no complaints ever. there sometimes shoked i turn up for the job but never been called back (yet)  ;)

bumper

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2012, 02:59:55 pm »
just did one today just collecting money and the heavans opened she said well that was a waste of time ???

4S Cleaning

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2012, 08:09:20 pm »
I was collecting tonight it was chucking it down , one old bird said can she have her cash back cause it was raining ...she was laughing as she was saying it, another said I was off my head collecting in the rain I said people were usually in on night like that then I collected 3 cleans off her  ;D

steve rix

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2012, 09:46:41 am »
Anything more than drizzle and we stop. When we do our pricing we allow for the loss of one day a week, ie charge 20% more.

mgba_78

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2012, 06:20:05 pm »
We never Tradded in the rain, even showers. Too much hassle detailing and trying to keep scrim dry.

Now we're WFP we just work through, like today got a bit wet, but had a cuppa T and sarnie pit stop the rain stopped and we carried on
Oooooo that is shiny!!

C o z y

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2012, 06:55:49 pm »
Trad in light rain and work through short showers. Hate getting wet even with wet weather clothing so avoid working in rain when possible. Depends on where we are and how much work there is left to do really. Never had a complaint, and we aren't cheap.

Don't need to detail much/often on glass as most of our work is UPVC framed. Dog eared blade etc.
No still don't understand, I must be thick

robertphil

« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2012, 06:58:43 pm »
we work in all but a proper downpour.   After a while you get used to that way of working .  possibly enjoy the job more in the rain

Steve Sed

« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2012, 07:12:45 pm »
I saw you and him...... tradding in the rain.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=related&v=9dZW1C3neao

Window Washers

« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2012, 07:29:45 pm »
ladders and rain, no chance now they are bad enough when dry

when I was trad I used to work in very light rain then sit looking out the window wishing i could work in it, if your using washing up liquid I would hate to see the mess you leave when the window is dry
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

C o z y

« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2012, 08:20:44 pm »
Don't know how you traded Ian, but I've got no idea what must have happened to you in the past to write that. If rain makes a difference to trad, why haven't I or a lot of others seen it?

Let's not get into a trad V's WFP thread yet again mate. But what did you experience when you were trad and it rained?

dazmond

« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2012, 08:52:49 pm »
since i went mainly WFP  2 and a half years ago i work far more in rain/showers than i did when i was trad only.the problem with trad when raining is wet ladders and roofs you have to stand on,mossy flags,wet decking,imprinted concrete etc.

AND if its raining on the window you can leave marks when you ve finished squeegeeing due to the soap mixing with the rain water!!you can get away with it to a certain degree as long as you use plenty of dry cloths for detailing/buffing.

i know i prefer WFP in the rain!

saying that it was torrential rain here in the north west from dinnertime so early finish for me!

better luck tomorrow!! ;) ;D ;D ;D

dazmond
price higher/work harder!

Window Washers

« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2012, 10:51:59 pm »
Don't know how you traded Ian, but I've got no idea what must have happened to you in the past to write that. If rain makes a difference to trad, why haven't I or a lot of others seen it?

Let's not get into a trad V's WFP thread yet again mate. But what did you experience when you were trad and it rained?
a nightmare Chris, I have nothing against trad at all, I did it myself for years, I just prefer wfp it is safer, I did have a massive car crash and was told if I fell 2 rungs from a ladder i would be paralised that sort of got me thinking I guess ;D
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

dotty

« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2012, 11:17:37 pm »
as from monday not doing know more trading all wfp trading a nightmare its like vidio recorders its out of date
p doherty

C o z y

« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2012, 10:48:58 am »
as from monday not doing know more trading all wfp trading a nightmare its like vidio recorders its out of date

There you go mate, go and explain to this bloke that at least he's not out of date!!  ;D ;D ;D
http://www.cleanitup.co.uk/smf/index.php?topic=159083.0