This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

neiljoust

help needed please
« on: October 01, 2012, 10:41:39 am »
When you go door knocking what is the best thing to say

roundbuilder

Re: help needed please
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2012, 11:22:06 am »
Hi just the local window cleaner, we clean many of your neighbours and notice we dont have you on the books yet, we clean every 4 weeks and it will be just £10.

Or hi do you use a window cleaner, i need to get more customers on my round as the wife wants another baby. Always a good 1 with the older people

hi im building up a window cleaning round as i was made redundant and i refuse to have to sign on, would you give me a chance its every 4 weeks and just £10.

They are the pitches that work for me or you could just be plain and ask if they want a window cleaner, i just find with a small white lie story behind you asking gets much better results.

neiljoust

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2012, 11:30:14 am »
That's great will try them thank u

C o z y

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2012, 11:44:43 am »
I'm in the process of adding to my rounds at the moment. The way I do it is a leaflet drop telling them that we're the local window cleaners and will be calling soon to see if they're interested in having a window cleaner and answer any questions they may have regarding frequency and price etc. I then go door knocking to follow up about 3 days later. Works really well for me.

When I knock, I only have to ask: "Hi, I'm......... did you get our flyer about a window cleaner?

They say yes or no, "OK, are you interested in our service?" Take it from there really. Some will, some won't, so what, ask the next one.  ;)
No still don't understand, I must be thick

neiljoust

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2012, 11:46:40 am »
Thank u how many would u expect a night say 2 hours

C o z y

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2012, 07:00:12 pm »
That's a "How long is a piece of string" question mate. Depends on so many different things. How compact, how many other WC's in the area etc. Just keep at it.

The guys with big rounds are the ones who keep going. The ones with smaller rounds and good excuses for having smaller rounds are sitting at home watching TV when the others are out knocking.  ;)

Which type are you?

neiljoust

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2012, 07:10:16 pm »
I am a really confident person but find it really hard to knock on doors but am going to stop being a girl and do it so its best to leaflet drop then go back next day is that right

andyM

« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2012, 07:10:45 pm »
Hi just the local window cleaner, we clean many of your neighbours and notice we dont have you on the books yet, we clean every 4 weeks and it will be just £10.

Or hi do you use a window cleaner, i need to get more customers on my round as the wife wants another baby. Always a good 1 with the older people
hi im building up a window cleaning round as i was made redundant and i refuse to have to sign on, would you give me a chance its every 4 weeks and just £10.

They are the pitches that work for me or you could just be plain and ask if they want a window cleaner, i just find with a small white lie story behind you asking gets much better results.

Blimey that's where i've been going wrong!
I usually ask them if their wife wants another baby tell her to give the window cleaner a ring.
I've been getting some filthy looks off of the old man.   :-X
One of the Plebs

C o z y

« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2012, 08:22:20 pm »
I am a really confident person but find it really hard to knock on doors but am going to stop being a girl and do it so its best to leaflet drop then go back next day is that right

2 to 3 days later mate, works for me