This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

richywilts

what would 450quid worth of seo a month get you
« on: September 29, 2012, 12:53:48 am »
as title say if u had a website designed more for commercial and using keywords etc with as so called seo expert chargin 450 a month and you used terms north west region covered blah blah blah do you think the work you would have enquiring would be worth the 450 a month gamble
Richard Wiltshire
Window Clean Direct

richardwiltshire36@yahoo.co.uk
www.windowcleandirect.co.uk

Small but perfectley formed

Re: what would 450quid worth of seo a month get you
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2012, 06:54:33 am »
Google ads would be better
Spit and polish

GB Window Cleaning

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2012, 07:01:58 am »
as title say if u had a website designed more for commercial and using keywords etc with as so called seo expert chargin 450 a month and you used terms north west region covered blah blah blah do you think the work you would have enquiring would be worth the 450 a month gamble

a friend of mine is a web site designer, he makes very good money from it too, he's a clever lad. anyway he tolds me the other week he spends £400 a month on seo. im not sure if this info is any help to you but i thought it was a coincidence that he spends roughly the same amount (granted slighty less, but he is in the know so maybe he gets a discount) as you have been quoted!

Mike #1

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2012, 07:04:47 am »
£450:00  Am i reading this right , You have got to be joking use google adwords if you get to speak to them directly their is some stuff they do for free ,

Had someone on the phone from google the other week on about it , Mike

mick hay

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2012, 07:44:09 am »
thing is, you have to do it month in month out to get results, its not just a one off thing!

My web site man charges £180 a month, but i use goggle ads, which he set up for me, works out about £40 - £50 a month, and brings in 20x's that a month, in one offs.

A couple of lads on here have started using him, mail me if you'd like his details mjhaywood@btinternet.com

Dave Willis

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2012, 08:15:00 am »
Five and a half grand a year  ???
Just to get the top listing. Are you nuts?

Steve CM

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2012, 08:16:08 am »
It depends on what you want to target and how wide a field you want to go.

What will you be targeting for 450 a month?

Erithwc

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2012, 08:19:44 am »
Your problem is ifyou are after commecricl you are up against the big boys like ocs, ukcc and mr price

and im sure i read on here that charlie price spends quites a bit on seo each year...

Paul

Perfect Windows

« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2012, 09:09:01 am »

What would it get you?

£450 poorer than you'd need to be, to be blunt.  

Read some articles about SEO and you'll be 90% of the way there.  Buy "SEO for Dummies" and you'll be 100%.  I hit number one after about three months of trying and I'm staying there.

Total cost about £25.

Vin

P.S. If you still don't want to do it, I'll do it for £400 a month.  There, that'll save you £600 a year.

Blue Frog Systems

« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2012, 09:15:07 am »
It's okay spending if people in your target area are searching for a window cleaner. You need to do some keyword research first Richy to find out what's been searched for. I was going to do so but found that there were not enough searches to justify paying out.

May be different in the areas you cover but do your homework first. Has your on Page so been sorted?
Only those who risk going too far will truly know how far they can actually go

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2012, 09:30:35 am »
£450 a month!!!

Seriously - 95% of these SEO companies are scammers,... if you're lucky enough to have found a genuine one they should have advised you that content is king, taken £100 a month at most off you & advised you to invest the rest in producing promotional videos & pro photography to improve your website's content!

roundbuilder

« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2012, 09:58:21 am »
I dont get it?? Richy if you have canvassers why would you want to spend 450 a month to try get work scattered all over the place when you know you can Pay a monkey peanuts to get the sork for you?? Im sure you love over complicating things. Even if it brings in 20 jobs a month at £10/15 each you will be driving about like a blue arse fly and of had to pay 450 for the privlage.
Maybe i have it totally wrong as i havnt a clue about website advertising but i do know that the reason i chose window cleaning was so overbeads were at a min so profit can be at max. 

James Leet

« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2012, 10:18:15 am »
450 a month  ::) ::)

The worry is you will then forget where all the work is  :o

Erithwc

« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2012, 10:25:27 am »
I think richy has seen the price group twitter status 600K new contract and he wants a slice of the commercial cake  ;D ;D ;D

Just checked the twitter and the post has gone  ??? ???

Paul

richywilts

« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2012, 10:39:50 am »
It depends on what you want to target and how wide a field you want to go.

What will you be targeting for 450 a month?

im trying to target builder cleans. larger blue chip companies, cherry picker type work, block management cleaning, commercial gutter clearing etc etc but go more regional with it, bit more commercial like you steve

im getting fed up of domestics customers get on me tits with there excuses etc why they cant have it done today and rescheduling them in when moved to different areas etc
Richard Wiltshire
Window Clean Direct

richywilts

« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2012, 10:44:03 am »
I dont get it?? Richy if you have canvassers why would you want to spend 450 a month to try get work scattered all over the place when you know you can Pay a monkey peanuts to get the sork for you?? Im sure you love over complicating things. Even if it brings in 20 jobs a month at £10/15 each you will be driving about like a blue arse fly and of had to pay 450 for the privlage.
Maybe i have it totally wrong as i havnt a clue about website advertising but i do know that the reason i chose window cleaning was so overbeads were at a min so profit can be at max. 

the website is being re done mainly for commercial mick ive got plenty of domestic work now and i need to start gaining more commercial with vat threshold approaching
Richard Wiltshire
Window Clean Direct

LWC

« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2012, 11:36:26 am »
£450...a month...

Archer

« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2012, 01:05:35 pm »

Richy,

dont think its plain sailing and there are no problems with commercial customers, compared to residential customers.

Infact it can go opposite way, they can seriously drag their feet in payments, and believe me if they owe you a fair bit you will drive yourself nuts if you havent got the funds available to cover waiting and waiting.

Also, another point is that some commercial can be very very big with lots of work, and if you dont cover the lot you can and will be dropped by them.

Health & Safety can be mega, not just risk assessments etc, but very very keen, even when you put everything into place.

I refuse quite abit of work for these reasons alone, and pick and choose what exactly i am looking for.

richywilts

« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2012, 02:37:56 pm »
i understand what your saying chris and im sure there are problems with commercial work im not going into it blind im just saying it would be nice to send employees out to a site say a group of apartment blocks and not having calls n texts every 5 mins saying can ya ring me mrs smith said can ya clean her next week her dogs having puppies.......or can you leave us today it looks like its goin to rain

id just like to know that the work i schedule in will get cleaned
Richard Wiltshire
Window Clean Direct

Erithwc

« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2012, 02:40:38 pm »
i understand what your saying chris and im sure there are problems with commercial work im not going into it blind im just saying it would be nice to send employees out to a site say a group of apartment blocks and not having calls n texts every 5 mins saying can ya ring me mrs smith said can ya clean her next week her dogs having puppies.......or can you leave us today it looks like its goin to rain

id just like to know that the work i schedule in will get cleaned

If yo have two or three vans on the road why don't you get a team leader to sort the problems out  ???

Paul