This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

TomCrowther

hose roller guides
« on: September 05, 2012, 09:55:55 pm »
Hi, I have been looking around but can't see where to get these from. I want to keep the reel in the van and run it out through a roller guide in the back door. Anyone know where to get them from?

bobplum

Re: hose roller guides
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2012, 09:59:28 pm »
gardiners

wpclean

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2012, 10:02:08 pm »
I have outside ports so I can lock the van, but wonder what the advantage of keeping hose inside van ?

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2012, 10:24:47 pm »
My setup :

http://tinyurl.com/97338z9

They are called fairlead winch roller guides. The large one for trucks and such, the small one for ATVs.
Benefit is that all the pro reels are usually fixed, and no lifting 30 times a day a heavy hose reel out of the van.

System is finished now, complete with Grippamax 650 tank/cage.

I had this setup as far back as 2009 (old Berlingo), works incredibly well.

david wood

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2012, 05:43:19 am »
that looks great tim does it come in a pack or do you buy the top and bottom part seprate they have a few on ebay and do you have any photos of your van set up ready

Carl2009

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2012, 07:47:07 am »
Great system Tim. A couple of questions:

1. What stops the handle rotating as you drive and allowing the hose to unravel thus eventually dragging on the road?
2. How did you cut through the floor of the van and make safe the jagged edges of the aperture over which the rollers stand? Who did it for you?
3. Is there some kind of base plate beneath the van to which the bolts holding the reel to the van floor are secured to?
4. Is there any reason you didn't fix it to one side or the other of the van floor - in the middle wouldn't work for me.
5. Have you been through a hard winter with it? If so how did you stop the hose from freezing solid (I take mine indoors each evening when it's very cold)?
6. What are the rollers below the van called?
7. Where's all your tank and filters? As this is a "sneak preview" and unlited vid have you got any more vids we might all learn from.

Cheers

PS - Lovin' the footwork at the end. I think we all have our own moves lol

Have you got

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2012, 09:26:05 am »
that looks great tim does it come in a pack or do you buy the top and bottom part seprate they have a few on ebay and do you have any photos of your van set up ready

Hi, I bought them seperately. I do have load of pictures, but still need to do one or two things which I seem to be putting off until it annoys me too much. Find some more pictures below :

Great system Tim. A couple of questions:

1. What stops the handle rotating as you drive and allowing the hose to unravel thus eventually dragging on the road?
2. How did you cut through the floor of the van and make safe the jagged edges of the aperture over which the rollers stand? Who did it for you?
3. Is there some kind of base plate beneath the van to which the bolts holding the reel to the van floor are secured to?
4. Is there any reason you didn't fix it to one side or the other of the van floor - in the middle wouldn't work for me.
5. Have you been through a hard winter with it? If so how did you stop the hose from freezing solid (I take mine indoors each evening when it's very cold)?
6. What are the rollers below the van called?
7. Where's all your tank and filters? As this is a "sneak preview" and unlited vid have you got any more vids we might all learn from.

Cheers

PS - Lovin' the footwork at the end. I think we all have our own moves lol

Have you got

Hi mate,

1) There is a locking pin on the Reelworks 460. I used to have a purefreedom reel which I just used a bungie cord on. It does unwind otherwise, and your rectus connector will be half gone when you turn up to your next job. Hilarious, but expensive!

2) I cut through the floor with a dremel, filed down the edges, and ultimately protecta kote went over it.

3) Probably should have done that, but at the moment it's bolted with penny washers. One end it went through a extension of the box section, so it's safe for anything other then head on crash.

4) No particular reason why you can't have it anywhere you want. You can do both. I wanted both sides free so I can put some boxes and safety cones there.

5) Yes I did go through a bad winter with it, several! During the day I did not have to take the hose all the way in. During the night I did have to do so, as that part of hose freezes up. When it's inside the van it's okay as I have a fan assisted heater with thermostat in there. Coldsnap app on Android lets me know when temps are going down.

6) Fairlead is the type of winch roller guide.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=251094330203&ssPageName=ADME:L:OU:GB:3160#ht_500wt_1180

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/330755937376#ht_500wt_1414

7) It's all in there at the moment, that's just a video I shot when I first started building the new system, all finished now.

Footwork is there otherwise the connector can slam on the ground. :D

Link to photoalbum with more pictures (all over the place as i is misbehaving) :

http://tinyurl.com/c3o8pe3

Original topic back in 2009 :

http://www.cleanitup.co.uk/smf/index.php?topic=76893.0

robbo333

« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2012, 09:34:54 am »
Hi Tim
Thanks for sharing that info. One of the most informative posts i've read in ages.
I think i'll give it a go too.
Cheers
Pete
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

Spruce

« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2012, 09:53:01 am »
Hi Tim
The roller guide in the floor of your Berllingo was a guide similar to the guide that Gardiners supplies.

Where did you get the orange guide from that you are using on your new van please.

Thanks.

I'm sure I'm going to have to seriously think about a conversion like this as my back is suffering lifting the hose reel in and out of the van. The spare wheel will be better off inside as well.

Cheers

Spruce
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

Carl2009

« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2012, 04:08:28 pm »
Cheers Tim. Got me thinking....

g.brookes

« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2012, 05:55:46 pm »
i concur, that is an excellent set up.  my only wuestion is, what happens when you come to sell the van and it has a hole in the floor!

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2012, 06:14:48 pm »
Hi Tim
The roller guide in the floor of your Berllingo was a guide similar to the guide that Gardiners supplies.

Where did you get the orange guide from that you are using on your new van please.

Thanks.

I'm sure I'm going to have to seriously think about a conversion like this as my back is suffering lifting the hose reel in and out of the van. The spare wheel will be better off inside as well.

Cheers

Spruce

Yea the Berlingo one is a cabinet mounted 4 way roller guide. I think it comes from Coxreel originally.

The Orange one is in the reply above, here is it again.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/330755937376#ht_500wt_1414
My back was hurting a lot from lifting the 100m hose reel in and out so many times, I thought "there must be an easier way to do this". Problem was, every thing I saw was always with a door open. A Dutch company had these funnels going through the van floor, that's when I thought of roller guides. Rest is history as they say. :)

I sold my Berlingo with both rollerguides attached (advertised as window cleaning van), got good money for the van.

Alternatively, there are rubber boot mats that fit the loading area I believe.

TomCrowther

« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2012, 06:43:19 pm »
Thanks for the replies and info. Your set up looks good Tim. How did you sort out the squeeking?

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2012, 06:56:49 pm »
Thanks for the replies and info. Your set up looks good Tim. How did you sort out the squeeking?

Ball bearing grease. You need to take the bolts out, and lube it up. Otherwise it rattles/squeaks.

TomCrowther

« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2012, 08:53:13 pm »
I have van ports on both sides of the van but every single time I pick up the reel I think "why the hell am I picking this up again"? Plus it will save a few minutes every job.
What brass fitting have you got on the reel Tim? The one that connects to the feed hose.

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2012, 05:01:39 pm »
I have van ports on both sides of the van but every single time I pick up the reel I think "why the hell am I picking this up again"? Plus it will save a few minutes every job.
What brass fitting have you got on the reel Tim? The one that connects to the feed hose.

They were on sale on Gardiner's website as a connector pack for the professional reels. They've got a new website now and I can't find it anymore. Brilliant connector.

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2012, 06:18:53 pm »

They were on sale on Gardiner's website as a connector pack for the professional reels. They've got a new website now and I can't find it anymore. Brilliant connector.

We no longer do the connector pack as clients have so many different needs that it offers more flexibility to sell them as individual items. They are the Pro 026 range on this page - http://www.gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/acatalog/Pro_26_Range__Supercedes_old_Pro_.html

The connector pack from about 2 years ago was the older Pro series which we no longer do as the Pro 026 are superior couplings in every way.

TomCrowther

« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2012, 08:10:47 pm »
Thanks Alex/Tim, just what I need.

Spruce

« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2012, 11:13:40 am »
Hi Tim

Please may I ask which Reelworks 460 hose reel you went for - C460 - 3 - 350H or C460 - 4 - 270H.

I use minibore.

Also what hose fittings do you use from the pump hose to couple to the hosereel?

Thanks again

Spruce

Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)